PDA

View Full Version : What a boring All Star game ... and maybe NL will learn their lesson

LouisvilleCARDS
07-14-2009, 11:32 PM
Next year, and invite Joey Votto. He would have done a ton better than that choke artist Pujols tonight. Embarrassed himself in front of the home crowd.

The game itself sucked, are a great intense one last season. Somehow it managed to only be two hours and thirty minutes despite FOX cramming what seemed like 5 minutes worth of commercials between innings. There's gotta be something better than something this useless to decide home field in the world series. This is getting ridiculous.

Fon Duc Tow
07-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Yeah, I quit watching the All-Star game years ago.

But I will say that the more Reds in it, the more fun it is to watch.

Captain Hook
07-15-2009, 12:10 AM
I was really pulling for Cordero and was very glad to see him do well.It was just nice to see one of our guys get in there and do well.

I agree about the All-Star games being pretty lame though.I only watched because my wife wanted to play some chick flick.Told her it was the All-Star game and it was a big deal.:evil:

BluegrassRedleg
07-15-2009, 01:30 AM
Too bad the one night in 10 (or 20) that Albert takes the colar and boots one in the field, he's on "our side." :(

He made a great play later in the night, though.

I look forward to the day when the Reds have legit position players (heck, just give me one) back in the All-Star Game.

NastyBoy
07-15-2009, 01:39 AM
Too bad the one night in 10 (or 20) that Albert takes the colar and boots one in the field, he's on "our side." :(

He made a great play later in the night, though.

I look forward to the day when the Reds have legit position players (heck, just give me one) back in the All-Star Game.

What, you think Orlando Hudson and Freddie Sanchez deserved it over Brandon Phillips?

BluegrassRedleg
07-15-2009, 01:48 AM
What, you think Orlando Hudson and Freddie Sanchez deserved it over Brandon Phillips?

I didn't really say anything about who should be in the game. I'm just talking about who has been in the game. For a decade, it's been just about nothing but a token representative for the Reds. And that's absolutely sad.

2009 Francisco Cordero (P)
2008 Edinson Volquez (P)
2007 Ken Griffey Jr. (OF)
2006 Bronson Arroyo (P)
2005 Felipe Lopez (SS)
2004 Sean Casey (1B), Danny Graves (P), Ken Griffey Jr. (OF), Barry Larkin (SS)
2003 Aaron Boone (3B)
2002 Adam Dunn (OF)
2001 Sean Casey (1B)
2000 Danny Graves (P), Ken Griffey Jr. (OF), Barry Larkin (SS)

DTCromer
07-15-2009, 06:05 AM
Next year, and invite Joey Votto. He would have done a ton better than that choke artist Pujols tonight. Embarrassed himself in front of the home crowd.

Votto still carries Pujols jock.

BigPoppa
07-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Votto still carries Pujols jock.

Who let Grande in here ?

UPRedsFan
07-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Cut Pujols some slack. He was still star struck from meeting Obama and catching his first pitch.

Obama pitches like he stimulates the economy... from the left and off target.

DTCromer
07-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Who let Grande in here ?

Don't get me wrong, Votto is pretty good, unproven, but good.

Pujols will probably end up as a Top 10 All-Time player.

JayBruce
07-15-2009, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=LouisvilleCARDS;1920624]Next year, and invite Joey Votto. He would have done a ton better than that choke artist Pujols tonight. Embarrassed himself in front of the home crowd.QUOTE]

Seriously, guy?

That "choke artist" will be in the Hall of Fame in 20 years, while Votto will laying on his couch back home in Canada, drinking Labatt's Blue and watching Kids in the Hall.

It's an All-Star game...who gives a crap? It's not like it impacts the 2009 Reds in ANY way.

mroby85
07-15-2009, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=LouisvilleCARDS;1920624]Next year, and invite Joey Votto. He would have done a ton better than that choke artist Pujols tonight. Embarrassed himself in front of the home crowd.QUOTE]

Seriously, guy?

That "choke artist" will be in the Hall of Fame in 20 years, while Votto will laying on his couch back home in Canada, drinking Labatt's Blue and watching Kids in the Hall.

It's an All-Star game...who gives a crap? It's not like it impacts the 2009 Reds in ANY way.

Not saying he's better than Pujols, but if Votto continues to play like he has this year, he may be an HOF'er too. Also just because you're in the HOF doesn't mean you aren't a choke artist. I'm sure A-rod is the caliber of a HOF'er and no one chokes more than him, However I didn't notice Pujols being a choker a couple weeks ago with the bases loaded in a 3-0 game. I was seriously wondering why he didn't take David Weathers as his HR derby pitcher, and just tell him to try to get him out. :D

Fon Duc Tow
07-15-2009, 01:55 PM
I only dislike Pujols when he plays against the Reds.

And that is because he usually punishes the Reds with his bat, his glove, or both.

But "choke artist?"

Riiiight....

bounty37h
07-15-2009, 01:56 PM
I stopped reading at your Pujols/Votto statement, you lost any credibility after that. Yes, I love Votto and think he is going to be great, glad he is one of ours, but c'mon, really??

RedLakerFan24
07-15-2009, 02:00 PM
I Got Money, thats all that matter

NeilHamburger
07-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Nothing wrong with Kids in the Hall. Great, great show. I'd be happy to be sitting on my couch watching it right now.

BuckeyeRed27
07-15-2009, 02:18 PM
I actually enjoyed the game last night. The All Star game is always a little boring but at least this game had some good plays in it.
Potential go ahead home run being robbed.
Utley and Werth both making amazing plays in the field.
A clutch triple that scored the winning run.
Ryan Howard's AB in the 8th.
Rivera slamming the door.

It wasn't the greatest baseball game ever, but I did think it was at least interesting.

bounty37h
07-15-2009, 02:24 PM
^Yeah, I watched it off and on last night as I was painting, and thought it was an ok game overall, first all star game I have watched in a few years.

Orodle
07-16-2009, 12:03 PM
How was this a boring all-star game? It was close the entire game. I bet your a fan of Gapper too......:cool: