PDA

View Full Version : Reds scouting Dodgers/Angels Class A teams

redhawk61
07-21-2009, 08:22 PM
per Rosenthal:

"A Reds scout attended a game between the Angels' and Dodgers' low Class A affiliates Monday night — right-hander Ethan Martin, one of the Dodgers' top prospects, was scheduled to pitch. Both the Angels and Dodgers are actively seeking bullpen help, and the Dodgers also could use a starter."
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9833180/Phillies-have-other-options-beside-Halladay

travisgrimes
07-21-2009, 08:29 PM
if Walt was able to get Ethan Martin and another prospect for Rhodes/Weathers or Martin plus 2 prospects for harang i would be happy

GIDP
07-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Id be ok with Martin but not as a return for one of our starters

BluegrassRedleg
07-21-2009, 08:34 PM
I think the Dodgers represent a very real trade partner possibility. They need another SP and one, if not two, arms in the pen. They have a great chance to win it all this season, but I think they know their pitching doesn't quite match up against the elite teams in short series.

redhawk61
07-21-2009, 08:36 PM
From Doug:
"According to a source - Ethan Martin is near untouchable on the Dodgers end. He was pitching but the Reds weren't there to see him."

travisgrimes
07-21-2009, 08:47 PM
The only guy from Ethan Martin's class-A team who would be of any interest to the Reds would be SS Devaris (Dee) Gordon, Tom Gordon's son, who is a lightning fast SS who can play very solid defense and hitting for a high average with a little pop. And on the Angels side there is NO ONE and I mean NO ONE who the Reds should be scouting on that team half there players are 24 years old.