PDA

View Full Version : Pitchers Not Improving

ryanparkersongs
07-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Jeff Brantley and Marty went on and on during yesterday's game how Reds pitchers, specifically Micah Owings, haven't seemed to improve one bit over the season. When Fisher came in the game, they continued to point out how he hasn't improved either. Is this a slam on Dick Pole and Dusty Baker for being unable to provide adequate coaching allowing the pitchers to improve or is this a slam on the front office for acquiring a bunch of pitchers that are unwilling or unable to improve?

5TimeWSChamps
07-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Seems to me like it has to do with Dick Pole, as the AAA Guys seem to reinvent themselves like Bailey, come back up and start falling into the same old habits. Pole needs to go

BEETTLEBUG
07-27-2009, 11:10 AM
I agree out with Pole richard

texasdave
07-27-2009, 11:26 AM
the offense isn't improving...the defense isn't improving...fundamentals aren't improving....hustle isn't improving......who is managing this fiasco?

Moosie52
07-27-2009, 01:55 PM
There is something seriously wrong with Harang. His velocity is way down. Arroyo has always been inconsistent. Owings is a 5th starter, and a damaged one apparently. I think we are stuck with two pitchers making big bucks and not winning next season.