PDA

View Full Version : According to AOL the Reds are officially sellers

IndianaRed
07-27-2009, 03:53 PM
.....and could be close to making a deal.

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2009/07/27/firmly-sellers-reds-are-close-to-a-deal/

The Reds are "sellers" and top club officials spoke on a special conference call Monday morning, an indication to a major league source that the team is "close to doing something," most likely involving one of its big-money pitchers: Bronson Arroyo, Aaron Harang or Francisco Cordero.

The article also mentions that the Reds may still be interested in Rolen even though they are selling.

BSUFB
07-27-2009, 05:37 PM
I like the idea of aquiring Rolen to add some wisdom to the younger guys like Votto. Even though Votto obviously knows how to hit a ball he may be able to help him with off the field things.

Red in Atl
07-27-2009, 06:01 PM
I like the idea of aquiring Rolen to add some wisdom to the younger guys like Votto. Even though Votto obviously knows how to hit a ball he may be able to help him with off the field things.

Agreed. That's exactly why you bring him in. He wants to play for Cincy and always has. He's got 2-3 years left in him. He'll be a great teammate, leader and he will have less pressure to produce here, because no one will expect it.

I've heard on here that it's like bringing BBell back here in the 80's. I have not the time to research this now, but didn't BB lead us to Sabo and Sabo was huge in bringing us a WS title in 1990?

50YrRedsFan
07-27-2009, 10:18 PM
At this point in time, I would rather see Harang and Cordero go and keep Arroyo. Arroyo has had some very good games. Harang seems to have lost it all. Cordero is doing a good job, but the salary is steep. By the time we field
a playoff capable team, Cordero will most likely be past his prime. Get what you can for him now.

Ohioballplayer
07-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Agreed. That's exactly why you bring him in. He wants to play for Cincy and always has. He's got 2-3 years left in him. He'll be a great teammate, leader and he will have less pressure to produce here, because no one will expect it.

I've heard on here that it's like bringing BBell back here in the 80's. I have not the time to research this now, but didn't BB lead us to Sabo and Sabo was huge in bringing us a WS title in 1990?

Lightning never strikes twice?