PDA

View Full Version : We might have the stupidest owner in the world.

GIDP
07-27-2009, 05:28 PM
From John Fay talking with Bob

The perception around baseball is that the Reds are ready to sell. But the man who will ultimately make that call, CEO Bob Castellini, says he’s not to that point.

“I believe we’re not at that point,” he said. “If we can get our pitching to show up and get out hitting to show up, we’re still possibly contenders.
“How long that lasts, you’ll probably know before I do.”

First off what the hell does "you'll probably know before I do" mean. Also our hitting isnt going to show up. Guys we have are already either over performing or are at career norms. Wise up Bob, you have a stupid GM who doesnt understand how to build a roster anymore, and a idiot manager who even if the team does perform better will do nothing but make sure he puts his foot down and have any progress stopped when they trip over it.

CySeymour
07-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Unbelievable...really.

BSUFB
07-27-2009, 05:30 PM
I believe that statement is purely to improve the teams position when it comes to trades. If a team knows you are a seller they don't want to give up that much. If you act like you can still get back in this thing a team may give a little more. Obiviously most teams can figure this out.

GIDP
07-27-2009, 05:31 PM
I believe that statement is purely to improve the teams position when it comes to trades. If a team knows you are a seller they don't want to give up that much. If you act like you can still get back in this thing a team may give a little more. Obiviously most teams can figure this out.

Last line pretty much sums it up.

GIDP
07-27-2009, 05:40 PM
of course im completely over reacting to the comments but I couldnt come up with a catchier title.

xavr1
07-27-2009, 06:49 PM
“If we can get our pitching to show up and get our hitting to show up at the same time, we’re still possibly contenders."

Seriously? What team under .500 doesnt think that? I laughed out loud good and hard for a couple minutes on that one. Thats like saying: If we could just play better, we'd have a better record.

GIDP
07-27-2009, 06:49 PM
“If we can get our pitching to show up and get our hitting to show up at the same time, we’re still possibly contenders."

Seriously? What team under .500 doesnt think that? I laughed out loud good and hard for a couple minutes on that one. Thats like saying: If we could just play better, we'd have a better record.

lol

If our guys werent the guys we have we would be better.

Jack Burton
07-27-2009, 08:17 PM
How refreshing to know that we may be in it until we are out of it. Thanks bob.

Griffey012
07-27-2009, 10:38 PM
He is actually pretty smart considering he is running a business. The longer you can keep some fans in the seats during a down season the better the business is running. Granted by performing on the field you get more people in the seat, but it is obvious that isnt gonna happen this year.

LouisvilleCARDS
07-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Let me try this.

"If I can get a winning lottery ticket to show up, I'm good."

"If I can get Jessica Alba to show up at my door to hook up with, I'm good."

Not working yet Bob.

GIDP
07-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Also, I forgot to post this earlier but I asked Dusty Baker if Drew Stubbs and Chris Heisey were considered for Chris Dickerson's roster spot.

"Yeah," he said. "But they need to play."

Captain Hook
07-27-2009, 11:21 PM
From afar Dusty appears to an idiot but I'm starting to believe that he has a way of convincing the people that are close to him that he is the smartest man alive.He got Krusty to sign CP last year and Walt to sign Taveras this year so he could have his perfect lead off guys and now he actually has the owner of the team taking advise from him about how to talk to the media.

Jack Burton
07-29-2009, 10:46 PM
1 hit by the Pads tonight, like to see what bob has to say about this one. I'm sure dusty will have another gem of a statement for this debacle.

texasdave
07-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Dusty: Sure we didn't win, but we didn't clog the bases either. I think this team is finally getting the hang of my system.

Carin4Narron
07-30-2009, 09:02 AM
And people laughed and complained about Marge. At least they won with her!