PDA

View Full Version : If you could have control of the Reds during the deadline, what would you do?

TC81190
07-28-2009, 04:22 PM
What trades would you make, with the players that are supposedly available?

First I would trade Alonso and Wood to Tampa for Carl Crawford, and then extend him.

Then I would trade a few prospects to Atlanta for Yunel Escobar, just so long as they aren't Frazier or Stewart.

I would also do the trade for Rolen, sending Encarnacion and cash.

If I could send Arroyo to New York with some cash to get Ian Kennedy, I'd do that as well.

That sets us up next year to have a team that's...

CF Heisey/Stubbs
SS Escobar
LF Crawford
1B Votto
RF Bruce
2B Phillips
3B Rolen
C Hanigan

With Cueto, Volquez, and maybe Harang and Bailey in the rotation with Stewart and Kennedy also available to maybe fill it out.

Shawn_RedsFan
07-28-2009, 04:29 PM
I would give my power back to Walt because he actually knows what he is doing :p:

I wouldn't want the Reds to ruin there chances of trading with teams in the future by making random offers that wouldn't have a chance of happening, and looking like an idiot.

mound_patrol
07-28-2009, 04:36 PM

First I would trade Alonso and Wood to Tampa for Carl Crawford, and then extend him.

Then I would trade a few prospects to Atlanta for Yunel Escobar, just so long as they aren't Frazier or Stewart.

If I could send Arroyo to New York with some cash to get Ian Kennedy, I'd do that as well.

CF Heisey/Stubbs
SS Escobar
LF Crawford
1B Votto
RF Bruce
2B Phillips
3B Rolen
C Hanigan

With Cueto, Volquez, and maybe Harang and Bailey in the rotation with Stewart and Kennedy also available to maybe fill it out.

Well to be short I'd trade Harang, Arroyo, Weathers, Gomes, Nix, and probably Cordero and Rhodes for the best available deals. I won't pretend to know what their true value is and what all we can get back for him. There are definitely a lot of interesting names out there.

RedLakerFan24
07-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Get Brandon Wood, we need a shortstop, sell either Arroyo or Harang, but not both, Than Trade Alonso, Frazier, Stubbs for Adrian Gonzalez, Move Votto to LF, and thats it

lidspinner
07-28-2009, 06:42 PM

CF Heisey/Stubbs
SS Escobar
LF Crawford
1B Votto
RF Bruce
2B Phillips
3B Rolen
C Hanigan

so your gonna send prospects to the braves for Yunel? I am with ya all the way on that but you will have to send some high level prospects....low level is not gonna cut it. Yoou will have to send Todd or stewart or stubbs or heisy, that much is set in stone. almost......other than that, I am on board with ya.

redsfanmia
07-28-2009, 06:56 PM
I would stand pat and try to finish 82-80.

mikemo14
07-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Harang to Angels even up for B Wood

Encarnacion and Mid level peospect to Jays for Rolen

A Rhodes or Weathers t Mid level prospect to Cubs for J Fox

10 Lineup

CF Heisey/Taveras
RF Bruce
2b Phillips
1b Votto
3b Rolen
ss Wood
LF Dickerson/Fox
c Hanigan

Still have Hernandez and Gonzos contracts freed up to sign bench/pen depth

GIDP
07-28-2009, 11:44 PM
This forum should ban these trade threads.

bounty37h
07-29-2009, 09:10 AM
or you could stop reading them if they bother you so much.

GIDP
07-29-2009, 09:24 AM
or you could stop reading them if they bother you so much.

There is one in every thread :O

CySeymour
07-29-2009, 10:01 AM
Harang to Angels even up for B Wood

I don't think there is anyway the Angels would ever consider that.

bounty37h
07-29-2009, 10:08 AM
There is one in every thread :O

true, and I agree that some threads get crazy with ideas, some hijacked that werent even pon ideas, but this title should have forwarned crazyness inside.