PDA

View Full Version : Funny how hindsight changes

Fon Duc Tow
08-01-2009, 03:36 PM
How are we feeling about the Volquez Hamilton trade now?

:thumbup:

or

:thumbdown

Me, up until a month ago I still would have made the trade. I ceretainly would take it back now though... too bad the Rangers already called "no backsees." :D

LouisvilleCARDS
08-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Um .. what? Hamilton is batting .227 on the year, with a .273 OBP. He's been injured most of the year as well.

GIDP
08-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Id still stake Volquez. The fact that hes a pitcher, is younger, and still has less of a health risk.

MESSMVP
08-01-2009, 03:45 PM
:thumbup: I still would rather have Volquez and his upside. They both have had very bad years this year because of injuries.

Fon Duc Tow
08-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Um .. what? Hamilton is batting .227 on the year, with a .273 OBP. He's been injured most of the year as well.

Hamilton isn't facing surgery that will keep him out of baseball for most if not all of next season. Volquez is.

So you wouldn't take the trade back now if it was up to you?

FlyerFanatic
08-01-2009, 03:54 PM
i dont wanna jump the gun here, who knows how bad volquezs surgery will be. but it cant be good for any pitcher to be having surgery done on his arm/elbow, even if its just minor.

Fon Duc Tow
08-01-2009, 03:56 PM
i dont wanna jump the gun here, who knows how bad volquezs surgery will be. but it cant be good for any pitcher to be having done on his arm/elbow, even if its just minor.

Plus his "flawed mechanics that are conducive to injury."

mroby85
08-01-2009, 03:58 PM
I wouldv'e made the trade back ever since they made it. I like Volquez, and it's nothing against him at all, I just loved Hamilton.

BluegrassRedleg
08-01-2009, 04:49 PM
No matter what happens, it remains the right course of action for this franchise, which will NEVER get anywhere without strong starting pitching.

Of course, you can't run a lineup like they have out there, but you don't have to have a bunch of mashers, either.

LouisvilleCARDS
08-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Hamilton isn't facing surgery that will keep him out of baseball for most if not all of next season. Volquez is.

So you wouldn't take the trade back now if it was up to you?

Um, anytime someone gets injured you would rather have a player playing, but no I wouldn't take it back because there's no way to tell how bad the injury is or not. I'm guessing when Hamilton was out and Volquez was pitching, they could say they wanted to take it back too. You can play this merry-go-round with any trade. "Oh our guy is injured, it looks bad for us! Oh wait our guy is back, they're is injured, we win!"

Too many people are concerned with who "wins" trades. Both sides have players have have looked ridiculously good when they're healthy and on, and both are non factors this year. There's nothing to regret about this trade.