PDA

View Full Version : Taveras: 5 AB's, 5 outs, 15 pitches

LouisvilleCARDS
08-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Throw out everything else here, why we signed him, why he's playing every day, why he bats leadoff. I have one very simple fundamental question about Willy Taveras:

Why DO YOU FREAKING SUCK SO BAD?!?!?!

Seriously, what is the reason? Is he functionally retarded or something? How does he even last this long in the major leagues?!?! How do you suck THIS BAD and have anyone promote you, EVER. What does he bring to any team besides speed, which is worthless? Even counting the fact he HAS speed, imagine how bad of a hitter he would be if the few hits he does get that he runs out, if he DIDN'T have speed!

Holy crap, how can someone SUCK THIS BAD?! HOW is this POSSIBLE??? Like on a technical level. Like Tom Emanski tape level, what is he doing that makes him suck. I really would like to know, because he is the WORST player in Major League Baseball. I rather have a donkey take a dump on home plate and that count as our first batter than him.

WHY?? For God's sake WHYYYY????

:censored: :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Captain Hook
08-04-2009, 01:15 AM
Throw out everything else here, why we signed him, why he's playing every day, why he bats leadoff. I have one very simple fundamental question about Willy Taveras:

Why DO YOU FREAKING SUCK SO BAD?!?!?!

Seriously, what is the reason? Is he functionally retarded or something? How does he even last this long in the major leagues?!?! How do you suck THIS BAD and have anyone promote you, EVER. What does he bring to any team besides speed, which is worthless? Even counting the fact he HAS speed, imagine how bad of a hitter he would be if the few hits he does get that he runs out, if he DIDN'T have speed!

Holy crap, how can someone SUCK THIS BAD?! HOW is this POSSIBLE??? Like on a technical level. Like Tom Emanski tape level, what is he doing that makes him suck. I really would like to know, because he is the WORST player in Major League Baseball. I rather have a donkey take a dump on home plate and that count as our first batter than him.

WHY?? For God's sake WHYYYY????

:censored: :bang::bang::bang::bang:

:laugh:

GIDP
08-04-2009, 01:19 AM
:bowrofl:

FlyerFanatic
08-04-2009, 01:22 AM
he's fast, dude, bigtime

BigPoppa
08-04-2009, 01:24 AM
George Grande, are you posting under a psuedo screen name again ? :ughmamoru

Zimmers
08-04-2009, 01:40 AM
Made me lmao at work. You suck big time dude. Willy t is beyond a joke at this point. When he was singed i admit i was excited, but i was wrong in so many ways. I say bring deion out of retirement, hes fast too dude.

LouisvilleCARDS
08-04-2009, 01:41 AM
I think something snapped in my head. I was just looking at boxscore. Here's how it went

Do do do do doo ... la la .. Hmm ... another disappointing loss, may as well see the stats

http://i30.tinypic.com/qnwgab.jpg

Hmm .. another crappy offense game ... damnit .. god i hate the freaking team

http://i32.tinypic.com/s1tjdz.jpg

Um, what ... what is this .. this cant be right ... no .. what?

http://i31.tinypic.com/30kzo8y.jpg

No .. NO. No GOD CANT BE. YOU GOTTA Be .. THIS IS SOME KIND OF FREAKING JOKE Isnt IT? WHAT the HELL ... .................. ...

http://i28.tinypic.com/2hqfqcy.jpg

rfgnergnjernjogerj g erjghernjghwenrghwernjghwernjghwernjlgaerger

http://i25.tinypic.com/96ezis.jpg

http://chaotica.tkocentral.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/head_exploding.gif http://chaotica.tkocentral.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/head_exploding.gif http://chaotica.tkocentral.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/head_exploding.gif

BigPoppa
08-04-2009, 01:48 AM
Make your point, dude. Quit sugar coating it. ;)

:bowrofl::notworthy:lol::thumbup::beerme:

GIDP
08-04-2009, 01:50 AM
:bowrofl: Thread of the year hahahahahah

sivman17
08-04-2009, 02:31 AM
just wait, he's getting 70 sbs this year :thumbdown

BluegrassRedleg
08-04-2009, 03:59 AM
The OBP of Taveras and Gonzalez is beyond embarrassing. .275 and .246. Are you kidding me? How do you stay in the major leagues with numbers like that???

Back in the day, that was Cedar Rapids, amigo.

Girevik
08-04-2009, 08:05 AM
I wish everyone would just back off on Taveras. He said coming into the season that he was gong to steal 100 bases. He's got 21 now. That meas the guy is going to steal EIGHTY bases in the next two months. You don't think that's going to help the Reds win some games down the stretch?

BLEEDS
08-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Amazing.

THIS is your leadoff guy.

Only on a Dusty Baker team.

Only problem is, he doesn't have Barry Bonds and Hank Aaron batting 3rd and 4th...
Those guys could win games when you give up 2 outs to start an inning.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

CySeymour
08-04-2009, 08:54 AM
I wish everyone would just back off on Taveras. He said coming into the season that he was gong to steal 100 bases. He's got 21 now. That meas the guy is going to steal EIGHTY bases in the next two months. You don't think that's going to help the Reds win some games down the stretch?

But he'll get thrown out 50 times trying to do it!

REDblooded
08-04-2009, 12:08 PM
this is the best thread i've ever seen...

REDblooded
08-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Note Rosales impressive 1/4 night on 9 pitches... Of course, those 2 are hitting 1/2 again tonight...

LouisvilleCARDS
08-04-2009, 04:23 PM
:laugh: I got an infraction over this post. Obviously someone has no sense of humor. At least some got a laugh out of it. :thumbup:

GIDP
08-04-2009, 04:25 PM
what rule did you break?

LouisvilleCARDS
08-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Excessive criticism of player. I think there should an 'excessive lack of sense of humor.' This season is crappy enough as it is, may as well have some fun.

FlyerFanatic
08-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Excessive criticism of player. I think there should an 'excessive lack of sense of humor.' This season is crappy enough as it is, may as well have some fun.

is that some kind of joke? excessive criticism of a player? really? this team is in last place, playing atrocious baseball, and you get infractions for calling out the crappy play of players? unreal

Red in Atl
08-04-2009, 05:53 PM
I have to admit that I posted a few times in the pre-season backing WT until he had a chance to prove himself. Well he certainly has now. And I appologize for being too much of an optimist when it comes to the Reds.

What I can say now, is that this season has been the breaking point for me. I really don't think it's possible for this team to ever make the playoffs again. The last two preseasons gave us the best possible feeling that we had made it over the hump. And the 2008 and 2009 teams might be two of the worst Reds teams in history.

And there is no silver lining anywhere that I can see. What wait till 2011 when all the kids get here. Nope, because we'll have a new manager by then, more kids that need to learn, etc.

I fear I may just stop being a baseball fan all together, which is something I swore would never happen during the strike years. But what can I do. The Reds are my team, and they do nothing but suck year after year. They don't get better. They don't learn. It's really the definition of insanity to follow this team.

And we aren't the only ones either, which makes it feel a little less painful. Without a salary cap, the Reds will never make the playoffs again.

Captain Hook
08-04-2009, 06:11 PM

I think that the donkey crapping on home plate comment probably did it.I'm not mad at ya though.Freakin hilarious.

Fon Duc Tow
08-04-2009, 06:57 PM
I thought it was a pretty funny post. It made me laugh.

The fact that you got an infraction over it, really illustrates why I prefer it here over ORG.

Matter of fact, the only annoying part here is when somebody comes over here to overmod because they had a bad day or whatever.

"Excessive" is one of those opinion words that can't be quantified. Like "Probable," "reasonable," or "nominal" for example. So if a mod had a bad day at work, or maybe he is unemployed, he has to get his power trip somehow right?

Enter "enforcement of excessive" here at the Sun Deck. Willy T's ineptitude is excessive. Your original post was merely accurate and pretty funny at the same time.

If we can't laugh at this year's Reds, we have nothing.

ILoveWilly
08-04-2009, 08:10 PM
OMG, whyy are you so mean to Willy! He's the best!

Shawn_RedsFan
08-04-2009, 08:41 PM
I have avoided this thread thinking it was going to be just the same old wondering why he is leading off and wondering why we signed him but THIS IS THE GREATEST THREAD i have seen since i've been here :D :KoolAid::ughmamoru:bowrofl::jump:

malcontent
08-04-2009, 09:47 PM
I think that the donkey crapping on home plate comment probably did it.I'm not mad at ya though.Freakin hilarious.

Yeah. I also appreciated that.

WT been nothing but crap at the plate all year.

Donkey would be cathartic.

macro
08-04-2009, 10:53 PM
The post that started this thread, and some that followed, are an example of what we don't want to have on the site, and I made a mistake by not closing it sooner. It was undesirable on several levels, "excessive player criticism" being just one of them.

I regret that my appreciation for juvenile humor has been found lacking.