PDA

View Full Version : Redszone Gathering (Aug 28 thru 30th): Need To Order Tickets. Who Is Coming?

GAC
08-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Alright Zoners. That end of August home stand vs the Dodgers is approaching fast, and we need people to step up and show a FIRM commitment as to who is coming, and what dates you plan on attending, so we can get this thing organized and order tickets.

That's why we started a separate sticky.

Chip and I are trying to find someone locally (hint, hint Kitty Duran) to then help us acquire the group tickets once we can get a set number and dates.

So lets utilize this thread to gather that information.

Remember..... rfs62 is planning on coming up for a couple of those games. It will be his first trip to GABP ever.

So lets step up to the plate and get this thing going.

Chip R
08-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Be sure to get RFS seats in the section that he can fit his wheelchair in.

GAC
08-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Be sure to get RFS seats in the section that he can fit his wheelchair in.

He's gonna give you **** when he gets here! :p:

FURTHER NOTE TO ALL:

Once we determine who is coming, number of tickets, and dates, we'll probably do like we did in the past and give options for paying for the tickets...

1) Paypal acount

2) If some aren't comfortable with the above, then they can send a check or money order to the "point" person.

3) RFS buys all the tickets with his AARP discount. :p:

KittyDuran
08-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Got this from the Reds today:

The starting time for the Reds' game against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Saturday, Aug. 29, 2009 at Great American Ball Park has been changed to 4:10 p.m. ET to accommodate the FOX national television broadcast. The game originally was scheduled to begin at 7:10 p.m. ET. Gates will open 90 minutes prior to game time as usual at 2:40 p.m. ET.

Chip R
08-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Kitty and I were talking in chat after the game last night and we thought that it would be best if we walked up before the game and got tickets. That way no one's on the hook for tickets if someone can't make it.

corkedbat
08-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Kitty and I were talking in chat after the game last night and we thought that it would be best if we walked up before the game and got tickets. That way no one's on the hook for tickets if someone can't make it.

I really wanted to come, but they changed our schedules at work and there's a new product rollout in September, doubt I can get off for the weekend. If you all decide to do walkup tickets, I might be able to shake loose for a game.

nate
08-06-2009, 12:38 PM
The missus, myself and Gordy the dog are looking into it! It would be for Saturday and Sunday but I think we'd come up Friday after the wife gets out of work.

GAC
08-06-2009, 07:54 PM

That's fine; but I talked with rfs this morning and he said he'd really like to get some good seats (field level) since he's coming all the way from Florida, it's his first trip to GABP, and it's not possible for him to get up here that often. And I can't blame him one bit. If I lived a great distance away, and my trips were rare, I'd like to get the best seats I could afford.

Not presuming to speak for him, but it's possible nate and wife, who I think have never been to GABP either, may feel the same, and that they'd like to get the best seats possible.

So the question is.....

Depending on the number in the group, can we get those field level seats together as walk-ups?

Or do break it down into two different groups depending on seating availability and preference? We still can meet before/after game.

Commitments so far (amendable)....

GAC
rfs62
Chip
Kitty
Nate (2)
Cyclone (2)

Roy Tucker
08-07-2009, 08:45 AM
Sign me up for one, GAC. Which night looks like the more attended one? Don't think I can make both games.

KittyDuran
08-07-2009, 08:53 AM
That's fine; but I talked with rfs this morning and he said he'd really like to get some good seats (field level) since he's coming all the way from Florida, it's his first trip to GABP, and it's not possible for him to get up here that often. And I can't blame him one bit. If I lived a great distance away, and my trips were rare, I'd like to get the best seats I could afford.

Not presuming to speak for him, but it's possible nate and wife, who I think have never been to GABP either, may feel the same, and that they'd like to get the best seats possible.

So the question is.....

Depending on the number in the group, can we get those field level seats together as walk-ups?

Or do break it down into two different groups depending on seating availability and preference? We still can meet before/after game.

Commitments so far (amendable)....

GAC
rfs62
Chip
Kitty
Nate (2)
Cyclone (2)Well, no tickets for me because the series is part of my season ticket package.

KittyDuran
08-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Sign me up for one, GAC. Which night looks like the more attended one? Don't think I can make both games.I would say Saturday.

Chip R
08-07-2009, 09:14 AM
I would say Saturday.

I dunno since they changed the time. But that should work out well for RFS since it'll get him to bed at a decent hour like he's used to at Del Boca Vista Phase II.

Roy Tucker
08-07-2009, 09:21 AM
I dunno since they changed the time. But that should work out well for RFS since it'll get him to bed at a decent hour like he's used to at Del Boca Vista Phase II.

Means we'll miss the early bird special at the cafeteria as well.

Better watch out, sonny. We'll thrash you to within an inch of your life with our walkers. Remember, age and treachery trumps all.

Chip R
08-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Means we'll miss the early bird special at the cafeteria as well.

Better watch out, sonny. We'll thrash you to within an inch of your life with our walkers. Remember, age and treachery trumps all.

I just hope you two don't gum me to death. Or bore me with your stories about tying an onion to your belts. Can you take Metamucil into the games?

nate
08-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Because the game is earlier, maybe we can plan dinner somewhere afterward.

Chip R
08-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Because the game is earlier, maybe we can plan dinner somewhere afterward.

Montgomery Inn on Nate's tab, everyone!

Cyclone792
08-07-2009, 10:13 AM
redsbuckeye and myself were possibly lookin' to roll on down to the Friday night game. It's doubtful I'd be able to make it Saturday.

vaticanplum
08-07-2009, 12:00 PM
If you all have any plans to grab a beer before or after, please post the info if you can...that weekend is bananas for me and I doubt I'll be able to block out 3+ hours for a game, but I may be able to stop by for a drink if RFS promises to bring his momentoes from the Crusades.

Reds1
08-07-2009, 02:25 PM
I'll be in at 2 of the games, but have Diamond Seats. Is there pre or post parties?

Chip R
08-07-2009, 02:32 PM
I'll be in at 2 of the games, but have Diamond Seats. Is there pre or post parties?

Both!

GAC
08-07-2009, 02:33 PM

That's right! We can still kick the crap out of you. It's just that we won't remember it 15 minutes later.

When rfs meets up with Chip he's gonna give new meaning to 7th inning stretch. HOLY COW! ;)

Chip R
08-07-2009, 02:56 PM
That's right! We can still kick the crap out of you. It's just that we won't remember it 15 minutes later.

When rfs meets up with Chip he's gonna give new meaning to 7th inning stretch. HOLY COW! ;)

Just make sure you're wearing your adult diapers in case you get too excited.

GAC
08-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Commitments so far (let me know if something below needs corrected).....

GAC Friday and Saturday
rfs62 Friday and Saturday
Chip Friday and Saturday
Kitty Friday and Saturday (won't need tix)
nate (2) Friday and Saturday
Cyclone (2) Friday
Roy Tucker Saturday
redhawkfish (2) Friday

In order to get this thing firmed up so we can get tickets ordered/purchased I'm putting a deadline on this.

That's right! GAC's taking charge! ;)

DEADLINE NOTICE: THURSDAY AUGUST 13TH

So either make your intentions known on here or PM me.

But once we get a firm number I'll go ahead and purchase the tickets, and you all can reimburse me. I think that will make the process easier.

But I am going to try and get the best seats possible, meaning field level. If I can't get them all together then I will try to get them grouped together as best I can. Sound fair?

GAC
08-07-2009, 03:06 PM

Oh absolutely! We only have these get-togethers for that. It certainly isn't to see the Reds. :p:

But check back in. We'll set a before and after meeting spot(s).

nate
08-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Commitments so far (let me know if something below needs corrected).....

GAC Friday and Saturday
Chip Friday and Saturday
nate (2) Friday and Saturday
Cyclone (2) Friday
Roy Tucker Saturday
redhawkfish (2) Friday

In order to get this thing firmed up so we can get tickets ordered/purchased I'm putting a deadline on this.

That's right! GAC's taking charge! ;)

But once we get a firm number I'll go ahead and purchase the tickets, and you all can reimburse me. I think that will make the process easier.

But I am going to try and get the best seats possible, meaning field level. If I can't get them all together then I will try to get them grouped together as best I can. Sound fair?

We're going to come up Friday evening. I don't think we'll be there in time for the game.

Maybe the post-game activities though!

GAC
08-08-2009, 04:04 AM
Updated......

GAC Friday and Saturday
Chip Friday and Saturday
nate (2) Saturday
Cyclone (2) Friday
Roy Tucker Saturday
redhawkfish (1) Friday (2) Saturday

paintmered
08-08-2009, 10:14 AM
GAC, how soon do you need an answer on tickets?

GAC
08-08-2009, 02:52 PM
GAC, how soon do you need an answer on tickets?

paintmered
08-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm going to pretend like my question was purposefully set up so that you could reiterate your rules. Yeah, that's it. :oops:

GAC
08-08-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm going to pretend like my question was purposefully set up so that you could reiterate your rules. Yeah, that's it. :oops:

Does the current deadline give you.... or anyone else considering attending.... enough time to make a decision?

It has been suggested to me to possibly extend the deadline date another week to give people more time. And I have no problem with that. My biggest concern was being able to get that many seats TOGETHER, and at field level, as we get closer and closer to the date.

Yeah - I know the Reds suck; but it is a weend end series vs the Dodgers, who don't get into Cincy that often.

RedsBaron
08-09-2009, 07:57 AM
Updated......

GAC Friday and Saturday
Chip Friday and Saturday
nate (2) Saturday
Cyclone (2) Friday
Roy Tucker Saturday

Please add RedsBaron (4) Saturday.

wheels
08-09-2009, 01:16 PM
I still need to figure out what day I'm coming, but I will be in attendance one way or the other. If I have to just get my ticket that day, so be it.

I can find ways to harrass you people without sitting with you.

GAC
08-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Updated (8/9).....

GAC Friday and Saturday
Chip Friday and Saturday
nate (2) Saturday
Cyclone (2) Friday
Roy Tucker Saturday
Reds Baron (4) Saturday

GAC
08-09-2009, 06:46 PM
I still need to figure out what day I'm coming, but I will be in attendance one way or the other. If I have to just get my ticket that day, so be it.

I can find ways to harrass you people without sitting with you.

You're not gonna wear that human fly costume again are you? :p:

KittyDuran
08-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Chip and I talked today at his vintage game and I think that GAC should ask RFS where HE wants to sit - get the tickets for himself, RFS and Chip - then tell everyone else where the seats are. GAC, I'm just afraid that some might bail out on you and you'll be stuck with extra tickets and out a lot of money (esp. if RFS wants pretty good seats). Thoughts?

Roy Tucker
08-09-2009, 10:29 PM
My $.02

I'm fine with whatever seats you guys get and whatever $$$ it is. Even if something happens and I can't go, I'll buy the seat.

RFS62
08-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Yeah, I don't care either if it's going to cause problems.

It would be nice if we could get opposite the direct sun for Saturdays game. Having never been to GAB, I wouldn't know which section that would be.

But I don't want to cause anyone to not come who would otherwise.

GoReds33
08-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I don't care either if it's going to cause problems.

It would be nice if we could get opposite the direct sun for Saturdays game. Having never been to GAB, I wouldn't know which section that would be.

But I don't want to cause anyone to not come who would otherwise.Anything on the first base side is generally out of the Sun.

KittyDuran
08-10-2009, 06:03 AM
How did we get the tickets two years ago? Did Creek buy them ahead of time?

RBA
08-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Kings Isand $22 tickets....

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78020

GAC
08-10-2009, 08:12 PM
I've had some requests to extend the deadline out further, which I have no problem with at all if it makes it easier and possible for more to attend.

So the NEW DEADLINE is THURSDAY AUGUST 20TH.

I will most likely purchase the tickets then the next day. Okay with everyone?

I am going to try and get the best field level seats possible. And I too prefer the 1B side, so that is what I am aiming for. I really have no desire to sit in the OF if it can be avoided. I prefer to sit in the areas "behind", stretching from 1B to 3B (general area).

At this present time, we are looking at 6 on Friday and 12 on Saturday. Kitty has her own tickets.

Also.....

To those on the Sundeck forum who have read this thread.....

You all, though on a separate forum, ARE a part of Redszone. This is not a "exclusive" get-together for ORG members only. I apologize if that impression is given. It was not intentional.

I know you can't post (respond) here. Likewise, we ORG members can't post (respond) on the Sundeck forum.

But if you want to attend the get-together then please just send me a PM with details, and I will add you to the list on here as I update it.

Boss-Hog
08-10-2009, 08:13 PM
To those on the Sundeck forum who have read this thread.....

You all, though on a separate forum, ARE a part of Redszone. This is not a "exclusive" get-together for ORG members only. I apologize if that impression is given. It was not intentional.

I know you can't post (respond) here. Likewise, we ORG members can't post (respond) on the Sundeck forum.

But if you want to attend the get-together then please just send me a PM with details, and I will add you to the list on here as I update it.

I moved this thread to a forum where all members can respond.

IowaRed
08-11-2009, 01:34 PM
So for those of us who choose not to go or can't go, should we be watching for anything that makes the group stand out on TV? 30 people with bags on their heads (not necessarily having anything to do with the team), banners, Wily Tavares fan club shirts, lots of mullets? :)

nate
08-11-2009, 02:06 PM
So for those of us who choose not to go or can't go, should we be watching for anything that makes the group stand out on TV? 30 people with bags on their heads (not necessarily having anything to do with the team), banners, Wily Tavares fan club shirts, lots of mullets? :)

GAC's gonna paint "#3" on his chest.

Chip R
08-11-2009, 02:32 PM

A really old guy with very short white shorts.

redsfan1966
08-14-2009, 05:05 PM
I may be in if it is decided to do walk-up tickets. Otherwise, I really dont want to order tickets for a game I may not be able to make. I've been doing a lot of traveling this summer (will be in Pittsburgh the weekend before), and I am not sure I can or will be up to making it.....either way, Hope you all have a great time!!

GO REDS

GAC
08-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Just talked with rfs this morning.

There is one, maybe two, hurricanes possibly coming into Florida later this week. So he has to play it by ear and see what happens. He'll know for sure by next weekend, and that is when I was going to order the tix anyway.

So I just wanted to update everyone.

oneupper
08-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Just talked with rfs this morning.

There is one, maybe two, hurricanes possibly coming into Florida later this week. So he has to play it by ear and see what happens. He'll know for sure by next weekend, and that is when I was going to order the tix anyway.

So I just wanted to update everyone.

RFS needs to hone his hurricane prediction skills. Neither Ana nor Bill look like threats. Ana won't make it past tropical Storm and Bill looks to veer north.

I wouldn't worry about those two.

Chip R
08-16-2009, 03:34 PM
RFS needs to hone his hurricane prediction skills. Neither Ana nor Bill look like threats. Ana won't make it past tropical Storm and Bill looks to veer north.

RFS bases all his predictions off the Galveston hurricane of 1900. He really helped those folks out a lot.

Don't worry about tickets, folks. There are going to be a bunch of us sitting in the seats behind 1st or 3rd but if you want to get your own tickets and then come down if we have empties by us, feel free. Just make sure you come to the before and after-parties.

GAC
08-16-2009, 07:56 PM

Yeah, but what about Claudette? :p:

And who names a tropical storm Bill? So plain. :D

oneupper
08-17-2009, 04:06 PM

And who names a tropical storm Bill? So plain. :D

Names are set through 2014

No Gregs but Alex :D starts the 2010 Atlantic season.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutnames.shtml

People who live in Florida really need to bookmark the National Hurricane Centers site.

KittyDuran
08-17-2009, 07:24 PM

Well, my oldest sister has always been a pain...;) Oh... you mean the weather! :D

camisadelgolf
08-18-2009, 08:33 AM
I'd love to attend, but I'll be working (giving food to people at the Hofbrauhaus) on both Friday and Saturday night. I plan on going to the game on Sunday, though.

oneupper
08-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Life is getting in the way. I'm not going to be able to make this.

gilpdawg
08-19-2009, 01:03 AM
I'd love to make it...but I've got a lot of stuff going on that weekend. Maybe next year. I've always wanted to make it to one of these. I'm a lot cooler in person than on the board. :D

GAC
08-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Updated (8/19).....

GAC Friday and Saturday
Chip Friday and Saturday
nate (2) Saturday
Roy Tucker Saturday
Reds Baron (4) Saturday

Cyclone (and friend), as well as Kitty, are getting their own tickets.

So as of right now, I'm looking at purchasing 4 tix for Friday, and 12 for Saturday.

I've checked ticket prices and what is available.....

For 4 Field Level seats for Friday, I can get section 131, Row S, which is directly in line with 1B. I've sat in the general area before. Pretty good seats. You're looking at $45/seat w/taxes + processing fees. I haven't purchased them yet; but will probably do so tomorrow. I want to talk with rfs before doing so.

For Saturday we aren't going to be able to get Field level seats to really help us out at all. Even when I tried to break the group of 12 down into two groups of 6. If I wanted to break it down even more..... 4 sitting here, two there, two over here, two over there..... I could get them. But I think that kind of defeats the purpose of the get-together.

I can get 12 seats together in View Level Box, either sections 432 or 433. They are $25/seat. It's in the same area as the Field Level seats, by 1B, just up two levels higher, but below the highest 500 sections. And even when I tried to break it down into two groups of 6 it's in the same level.

So that is where we stand zoners.

I'm going to buy the tickets this Friday.

Also.....

Since the Saturday game is a 4:10 game, are there any interested in going to the HOF? I know most of you "locals" have been there; but I'm mainly thinking of those out-of-towners coming in. Not sure, but I think you can get a discoun with your same day ticket.

GAC
08-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Tickets purchased folks!

Friday.... 4 Field Level seats, Section 131, row MM ($48/each)

Saturday..... 12 View Level seats, Section 433, row D ($27/each)

I printed out the Friday tickets; but the Saturday we will pick up using Kiosk.

OldRightHander
08-24-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm playing it by ear still, depending on if I end up with out of town freight or not. If I'm in town, I'll buy a walk up ticket and find you guys.

GAC
08-24-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm playing it by ear still, depending on if I end up with out of town freight or not. If I'm in town, I'll buy a walk up ticket and find you guys.

I'm sure you will. :cool:

GAC
08-24-2009, 06:19 PM
For both Friday and Saturday's game we're going to meet up at Gameday prior. On Friday we'll probaly try to be at Gameday around 5. For Saturday, since it's a 4:10 game, probably around 2.

I've already talked with RedsBaron for Sat's game. He has my cellphone #, so we'll hook up with him and family somewhere outside the stadium prior to start of the game to get the tickets.

The rest of you, I think, have my cellphone #, other then nate, Roy, and Cyclone. But I will remedy that via PMs.

OldRightHander
08-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Well, it's looking doubtful for me. I just booked a load to San Francisco, so being back in Cincinnati by the weekend is out of the question.

creek14
08-25-2009, 09:13 AM
How did we get the tickets two years ago? Did Creek buy them ahead of time?

Yeah and I lost about $100 bucks.

I would love to attend, especially to see RFS, but I'm pretty sick and can't make it.

Hope you all have a great time.

Chip R
08-27-2009, 12:50 PM
For both Friday and Saturday's game we're going to meet up at Gameday prior. On Friday we'll probaly try to be at Gameday around 5. For Saturday, since it's a 4:10 game, probably around 2.

I've already talked with RedsBaron for Sat's game. He has my cellphone #, so we'll hook up with him and family somewhere outside the stadium prior to start of the game to get the tickets.

The rest of you, I think, have my cellphone #, other then nate, Roy, and Cyclone. But I will remedy that via PMs.

Actually, GAC and I have talked and since there isn't going to be that many folks coming on Friday, we have changed the pre-game shindig to Rock Bottom on Fountain Square.

RosieRed
08-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Are you guys still meeting at Gameday before Saturday's game? I might try to stop by.

Chip R
08-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Are you guys still meeting at Gameday before Saturday's game? I might try to stop by.

That's the plan. Make sure you do if you can.

Update: Surprisingly, GAC found the airport and the Dynamic Duo have checked in to the hotel. They are downtown having lunch now.

Chip R
08-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Day 1: While GAC did manage to pick up RFS at the airport, unfortunately he managed to park a little farther away than RFS would have liked - like Newport. ;)

When the Dynamic Duo finally made it to downtown they checked into the hotel and had lunch at Rock Bottom. When I got there, they decided to go to the In-Between. I told Mr. Directions to meet me at Fountain Square and we'd walk over together. A half hour later I got a call from GAC wondering where I was at. Apparently - much like Roger Clemens - he misremembered that they were going to meet me at Fountain Square.

After we finally got there I finally met RFS. He's a real good guy but in order for him to hear you, you have to speak loudly into his ear trumpet. ;) Cyclone picked us up there and we went back to Rock Bottom to grab a bite. While we were there, Redhawkfish, Vatican Plum and BuckeyeRedleg joined us on the patio.

You all know about the game. RFS loved GABP and compared it quite favorably to Union Grounds where the Red Stockings played back in the 1860s. ;) Some tense moments in the 9th but it all worked out. If you come over today, be sure to ask GAC where the Reds' bullpen is at. :D

Afterwards, after we declined to go to Cadillac Ranch because of the $5 cover and the no hat policy, we went to Arnold's to listen to a bluegrass band and GAC stared at girls again. Fortunately for GAC, he didn't get busted this time. :D

So, we will be at Gameday on Pete Rose Way this afternoon around 2 for a pregame get-together. Even if you can't make it to the game or aren't sitting with us, c'mon over and have an adult beverage or two. We will also be there after the game is over.

Chip R
08-29-2009, 10:59 AM
And in honor of GAC and his true trivia nugget that both RFS and I didn't believe:

KittyDuran
08-29-2009, 11:37 AM
And in honor of GAC and his true trivia nugget that both RFS and I didn't believe:
So that's what GAC was talking about after the game (before getting "busted" for jaywalking! ;)

Raisor
08-30-2009, 12:37 AM
Got a drunk phone call from RF, talked about letting all the animals at the zoo go free.

Don't really want to know.

I think I heard Chip in the background screaming something about "not taking him alive".

RedsBaron
08-30-2009, 09:26 AM
My sons Jason and Kevin and I attended yeaterday's game with RFS, GAC, Chip and Roy Tucker. I'm just waiting to see the photos which Chip took. Great time.

TeamCasey
08-30-2009, 09:39 AM
62 let Chip take pictures of him???? :eek:

:) Sorry I missed all the shenanigans. I would LOVE to meet 62 someday. Just not in the cards this summer.

RedsBaron
08-30-2009, 09:59 AM

Yep, but as I left I believe that GAC was taking a photo of RFS choking Chip though. ;)

Chip R
08-30-2009, 10:00 AM
I haven't had time to download all the pictures yet but here's a sneak peek at one with GAC and myself talking last night

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/85/Argument_Clinic.png/300px-Argument_Clinic.png

RedsBaron
08-30-2009, 10:01 AM

:laugh::lol:
Chip or GAC can explain.

Roy Tucker
08-30-2009, 12:09 PM
My sons Jason and Kevin and I attended yeaterday's game with RFS, GAC, Chip and Roy Tucker. I'm just waiting to see the photos which Chip took. Great time.

Yep, enjoyed it tremendously. Great evening, great company, but I can't say the same about the ballgame. However, there is never a bad day at the ballpark.

I encourage all of you RZ'ers to give it a try next time. We don't bite. At least not hard. :p:

:beerme:

RedsBaron
08-30-2009, 03:05 PM
I encourage all of you RZ'ers to give it a try next time. We don't bite. At least not hard. :p:

:beerme:

We're too old to bite hard. Some of us might gum you to death though. ;)

GAC
08-30-2009, 07:56 PM
I got home this morning around 8 AM. Pretty much slept and laid around to get ready for work tonight. I did manage to watch today's extra inning affair. Another solid outing by Arroyo. Simply ironic that ex-Red Juan Castro figured into the victory.

I think we all had a great time this weekend.

My leg calf muscles are sorer then all get out though from all that walking up and down the streets of Cincy. :eek:

GAC
08-30-2009, 07:58 PM

No one LETS Chip do anything. He just does it. He's worse then paparazzi chasing down Britney Spears. :p:

Chip R
09-12-2009, 12:03 AM
All right, boys and girls, here are the official pictures from the 2009 RZ outing (starring RFS62)

I thought I'd take a picture of where RFS stayed

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/IMG_3293.jpg

After I finally caught up with RFS and GAC at the In Between on Friday, Cyclone picked us up there to take us back downtown to Rock Bottom Brewery to partake in some pre-game libations. Joining us there were redsbuckeye (not BuckeyeRedleg as I mistakenly stated earlier) Redhawkfish, and Vatican Plum

RFS & GAC at the In Between.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3501.jpg

GAC & redsbuckeye

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3503.jpg

GAC

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3505.jpg

GAC & Redhawkfish

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3506.jpg

GAC, Vatican Plum (who is apparently in the witness protection program) and Redhawkfish

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3507.jpg

Cyclone & RFS

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3511.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3513.jpg

RFS pondering another of GAC's witticisms

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3514.jpg

redsbuckeye, Redhawkfish and Cyclone

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3515.jpg

Something that fell out of GAC's new hat

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3516.jpg

RFS & Redhawkfish questioning GAC's belief on where exactly the Reds bullpen is located

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3522.jpg

Corky!

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3523.jpg

Saturday afternoon, RFS wanted to go to the Reds HOF & Museum. Apparently he wanted to see the idols of his youth - George and Harry Wright.

RFS and the Big Red Machine

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3525.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3526.jpg

Afterwards we went over to Gameday where we were joined by Roy Tucker and Mr. and Mrs Redhawkfish

Roy Tucker & RFS

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3527.jpg

After warming up there we took off to the Reds game where we met up with RedsBaron and his sons Jason and Kevin. We also met RFS' niece there. We were all stunned to find out that such a nice, intelligent, handsome young woman is related to RFS but as they say, truth is stranger than fiction.

Roy Tucker, RFS, Reds Baron & #1 son, RFS' niece and GAC

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3530.jpg

Unfortunately, RFS' niece doesn't share the same good taste in teams as her uncle does. It's also a much better picture of GAC.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3531.jpg

Reds Baron and his sons

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3532.jpg

More pictures of the gang

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3533.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3534.jpg

After the game, decided to get even with me for posting all those pictures of him in his younger days. If you want to see his pictures as a youth, you will have to look on some cave walls in West Virginia.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3535.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3536.jpg

After RFS finished assaulting me, we went back to Gameday where GAC regaled us with stories of when Jimmy Piersall played for the Giants at Crosley Field.

Drinking is so easy, even a cave man can do it.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3539.jpg

Roy finally finds someone his age to talk to besides RFS.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3540.jpg

Kitty Duran joined us there after the game. She was late because she had to get a makeover.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3541.jpg

Beauty and the Beasts

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x176/skullcrshr/RedsZone%20outing%202009/IMG_3544.jpg

That's all I am allowed to post, folks. We certainly had a great time with RedsZone's elder statesman. Hopefully he will be posting his impressions of his trip here. He told us that he would like to come back more often and hopefully more RedsZoners can come out to meet him.

Raisor
09-12-2009, 10:47 AM
RF needs to be buried in that shirt.

Chip R
09-12-2009, 08:16 PM

Which one?

RFS62
09-12-2009, 10:05 PM

Which one?

Keep it up, punks.

I live in Florida. We like our Tommy Bahama down there. I guess I should have worn bib overalls to fit in better with your sense of style, Chipper.

Heath
09-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Best pictures of Chip all day.