PDA

View Full Version : Joey Votto 1 of 6 players without a weakness

sivman17
08-05-2009, 07:43 PM
We all know how good Votto is and that he can hit absolutely any pitch. I just wanted to share this article because I thought it was pretty interesting. Votto is named under number 25, which lists only 6 players in MLB that have no pitch weaknesses. I don't know exactly how accurate it is, considering Skip Schumaker is on it but not Pujols. But, it shows how great Joey really is.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AiIbK8rpW6fDRVBuCaaX56YRvLYF?slug=jp-fangraphs080509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

jfleur87
08-06-2009, 02:33 AM
Well, the reason Pujols isn't one of the six is because he can't hit the splitter. Which of course led him to saying that Bailey will be a star in this league. So I guess take that, and the article for what its worth and thats about it.

BluegrassRedleg
08-06-2009, 03:23 AM
Rich Harden sure seemed to have him tied up tonight. Would be curious to know what he was doing that most guys can't do against Joey.

Jefferson24
08-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Rich Harden sure seemed to have him tied up tonight. Would be curious to know what he was doing that most guys can't do against Joey.

Joey didn't seem to be seeing the ball at all yesterday. He was swinging over the top of every off speed pitch.

I suspect it was just a real off night. I doubt Harden can replicate those results again.

Jones1
08-06-2009, 01:49 PM
That splitter Harden threw owned Joey last night. Maybe he's like Pujols and cant hit the splitter but it just hasnt showed because he hasnt faced anyone that had a good one.