PDA

View Full Version : hello from a newbie a site question.....

dweston
08-08-2009, 02:56 PM
First off, hello to everyone. My name is Drew, I live in central Ohio, and I am a Reds-aholic. ;) My first Reds memories are from playing with toys in my grandparents living room, while they listened to the games on the radio. I imagine that was during the Big Red Machine era, although I didnt know that at the time.
I just came across this site a few days ago, and it looks great from what I can tell. I am on a similar collegiate sports-based message board but the Reds info/chatter is not always enough for me. :)
My question is how do you ask for or get an invite to be able to post on the Old Red Guard and Game Threads area of the site? I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them thus far. I read the About Us and it seems you basically have to apply and be approved for those two site areas...any suggestions on how that should be done? Thanks,

Drew
:beerme:

redsfandan
08-08-2009, 06:03 PM
First off, hello to everyone. My name is Drew, ...

My question is how do you ask for or get an invite to be able to post on the Old Red Guard and Game Threads area of the site? ... I read the About Us and it seems you basically have to apply and be approved for those two site areas...any suggestions on how that should be done?
Hi Drew, welcome aboard.

All new members start out as members of the Sun Deck which means that baseball related posts and threads are made in the Sun Deck forum which also has game threads. (the lone exception is minors related stuff which has a separate forum.) New members are prevented from starting new threads before they have 60 days of registration time and 50 posts and may only reply to existing threads. So consider the first 2 months a period to get familiar with the site.

To be honest I don't remember if the specific requirements for becoming a member of the Old Red Guard (ORG) are beyond the 60 days/50 posts but I'm sure someone will add more feedback on that.

There's actually two ways to become an ORG member if someone is interested. The first is to apply once you've met the time/posts requirement. The second way to become an ORG member is by nomination by someone that is already currently a member of the ORG. Either way there will be a vote by other ORG members on whether to make the member a member of the ORG.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. This is where you can find a list of the admin/mods: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showgroups.php

Hope this helped.