PDA

View Full Version : Is Berry a worse 3B coach than Oester?

malcontent
08-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Is that even possible?

BluegrassRedleg
08-14-2009, 08:49 PM
I've watched Reds baseball since the early 70s, and there's never been anybody worse than Berry.

captainmorgan07
08-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Nope he takes the cake.

malcontent
08-14-2009, 08:56 PM
I've watched Reds baseball since the early 70s, and there's never been anybody worse than Berry.

Same BS mentality as Freel.

Freel would run into another out on the basepaths, jump up and just trot back to the dugout like he was an ace for just trying.

A real manager would have handed Farney his rear-end instead of putting up with his brain-dead BS.

Same thing should happen to Berry.

Unfortunately, the Reds don't have a real manager.

BigPoppa
08-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Mark Berry is really, really bad. If they're not gonna make a staff change, at least swap him and Hatcher and let Billy try it for a while.

Moosie52
08-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Some guys just ignore Berry and get tagged out. It's not always Berry's fault.

FlyerFanatic
08-15-2009, 12:36 AM
Some guys just ignore Berry and get tagged out. It's not always Berry's fault.

if guys are ignoring berry and going on their own, whether or not they like berry, then dusty has to step in and scold that player. you cant have players ignoring your coaching staff.

bgwilly31
08-15-2009, 10:45 AM
The only problem with the harang play was that votto was up next. However he had looked like garbage the previous AB's.

And when he sent Harang the RF bobbled the ball around. Also if harang would have slide then there was a good chance he's safe.

roby
08-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Remember Sam Perlozzo...he was pretty bad too. Might even challenge Berry for the Reds worst 3B Coach ever. Dave Bristol, on the other hand, was excellent there.

Orodle
08-15-2009, 01:46 PM
In my opinion the 3B coach should be treated just like a position player. They should be honed in the minors and brought up just like a player. You simply cant be thrown right into that position just because you know the game well. Anyone that has ever coached 3B even at the high school level would know this.

THis is one of the most overlooked aspects in the game. I'm surprised someone like Billy Beane doesnt have a stat for 3B coaches.

Kingspoint
08-15-2009, 05:27 PM
I assume this thread was started because of another of Berry's blunders.

I couldn't believe it when I saw the highlights. He almost got Harang injured. What the heck was he thinking? Berry, Baker, Pole,....the list of of imcompetent coaches is long.

The regression of the organization since Baker was hired is appalling.

Can you say Pittsburgh Pirates?