PDA

View Full Version : Taveras Stat O' the Week....

BLEEDS
08-15-2009, 06:15 PM
• OF Willy Taveras(notes) drew a walk in the first inning against the Nationals Friday, his first walk since July 19. It was his fourth walk since May 24.

FOURTH Walk since May 24th. THIS is your CF Savior and leadoff man.

Just incredible. Almost as incredible as CF bats leadoff, SS bats 2nd, no matter how PUTRID they are.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

mlh1981
08-15-2009, 06:26 PM
4th walk since May 24th, and Dunn has 3 walks just last night........

FlyerFanatic
08-15-2009, 06:41 PM
just incompetence top to bottom in this organization. simple as that. its why the reds will continue to lose

BLEEDS
08-16-2009, 11:31 AM
To give him credit, Dusty HAS batted Dickerson in leadoff since he returned from the DL.

In all, he was 7 for 17 with 3 BB's (including 0-1 in ph), an OBP of .500.
Of course he only scored 3 times being on base 10 times in 5 games because the rest of the offense is pathetic - but he's doing his job.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Jack Burton
08-16-2009, 11:33 AM
At least he made Kenny Rosenthal's low risk, low reward list.

Slyder
08-16-2009, 12:32 PM
even with this knowledge care to guess the lineup with Phillips out?

Brandon Phillips was scratched from today's lineup with a sore left hand. He was hit on the hand with a pitch last night. X-rays were negative. Here's the lineup:

Willy Taveras cf
Drew Sutton 2b
Joey Votto 1b
Jonny Gomes rf
Wladimir Balentien lf
Adam Rosales 3b
Paul Janish ss
Ryan Hanigan c
Justin Lehr p

fewfirstchoice
08-16-2009, 01:32 PM
2 question about Taveras. First question. Why does he start over Dickerson. Anyone know, because I dont. Second question. Why does he swing at the first pitch 50 percent of the time. Especially with Dusty the terrible batting him lead off. He needs to sit on the bench or bat 8th in th eorder. I would rather see Dickerson or Stubbs start in CF and lead off with Willie sitting the bench. Thats just me so how do you guys feel. Sarcasim(sp)

GIDP
08-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Its the match ups dude

You know Dickerson has never faced Lannan so you have to go with the known in taveras.

pst... hes for 1-11 now :bowrofl:

Slyder
08-16-2009, 01:40 PM
2 question about Taveras. First question. Why does he start over Dickerson. Anyone know, because I dont.

Because Tavares is faster. Your lead off hitter must be fastest player and play CF, dude.

Second question. Why does he swing at the first pitch 50 percent of the time. Especially with Dusty the terrible batting him lead off.

Walks are icky, you want your hitters to be hitters not watchers, dude. Forget OBP, you gotta look at in-scoring position...

He needs to sit on the bench or bat 8th in the order. I would rather see Dickerson or Stubbs start in CF and lead off with Willie sitting the bench. Thats just me so how do you guys feel. Sarcasim(sp)

Dude, dont you know Willy's Fast.

I wish this team would remember what sunk cost means and do something to get rid of Tavares so Duhhhsty can't use him.

fewfirstchoice
08-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Oh I forgot all that guy...thanks for reminding me.

fewfirstchoice
08-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Taveras has swung at the first pitch every at bat today. Whats new...nothing. Terrible players, managers, and coaches.

malcontent
08-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Taveras has swung at the first pitch every at bat today. Whats new...nothing. Terrible players, managers, and coaches.

You forgot one thing: the club has a terrible owner who not only hired the willfully ignorant Toothpick, but just declared that the team and the fans are "absolutely" stuck with him into the 2010 season.

Just blatant disregard for those left who actually care.

mlh1981
08-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Can one buy a Taveras jersey at the pro shop? MUST have Christmas item right there.......