PDA

View Full Version : Teh Reds Are a Really Bad Team

roby
08-16-2009, 04:31 PM
It is getting really painful to watch this Reds team. I've tried to stay positive and hope for 2010...but, after 19 years of that, it's getting old. It's time to quit with the excuses about why the Reds can't build a winner. They are not a small market team. They are CAUSING a small market by losing all the time. Up through the middle 1990's the Reds outspent the Yankees, and were oneof the highest payrolls in all of baseball. Now all of a sudden it's the economy, or the attendance, or global warming. In order to win, Cincy is going to have to go out and get a power hitting leftfielder who can drive in runs; and a good hitting shortstop who plays top-notch defense ( or a second baseman if they move Brandon to short). They also need another solid starting pitcher. They must NOT trade Francisco Cordero! It is justr nstupid to have any plan of winning and then trade your money-in-the bank closer. It's time to spend some money, quit making excuses and get the job done. Otherwise, fans ought to go find something else to invest their loyalty and their money in.

GIDP
08-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Thats what happens when you build a team with 3 good every day players and spend most of the year with your next set of good players on the bench.

Slyder
08-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Thats what happens when you build a team with 3 good every day players and spend most of the year with your next set of good players on the bench.

and willfully let Duhhhsty making the lineup everyday.

mlh1981
08-16-2009, 04:55 PM
They need on the field leadership. Guys who give 110 percent and are not afraid to call people out. There is noone like that on this team. Votto is still too young, Phillips has had his own issues, Rolen (when he comes back), is a good presence, but a quiet guy, and other guys (like Gomes) bust their hump, but don't have the overall talent to command total team respect.

Really, look around on this team. There is NO leadership. Obviously, you have the economic and leadership issues in place, but I thought I would just throw another angle out there.

GIDP
08-16-2009, 04:58 PM
they need to have more than 3 good players and stay away from having 5 bench players being the managers 1st and favorite options.

Ghosts of 1990
08-16-2009, 07:38 PM
This has been the worst, earliest ending (interest wise), unproductive, snake-bitten season I can ever remember. Just awful. The Reds owe fans a refund its been so bad.

texasdave
08-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Any word on when Jay Bruce is returning?

Hondo
08-16-2009, 07:54 PM
they need to have more than 3 good players and stay away from having 5 bench players being the managers 1st and favorite options.

That is the MAJOR problem, personnel...

This team is using a mojority of Bench Players and it is embarrassing...

REDblooded
08-16-2009, 08:26 PM
This has been a cursed season for sure... That being said, it may be exactly what was needed... Now, for heaven's sake, do the right thing and let's see what we have for next season in some of the younger guys... Get Cueto's arm rested. Get Bruce healthy, and I'll be taking the Over on whatever Vegas predicts for the Reds next season on total wins...

mroby85
08-16-2009, 08:47 PM
This has been a cursed season for sure... That being said, it may be exactly what was needed... Now, for heaven's sake, do the right thing and let's see what we have for next season in some of the younger guys... Get Cueto's arm rested. Get Bruce healthy, and I'll be taking the Over on whatever Vegas predicts for the Reds next season on total wins...

That may be around 60 depending on how the offseason looks :D

BlastFurnace
08-16-2009, 08:48 PM

You'll lose any money you bet on them.

This team stinks.

Other than Cueto, they have no starting pitching to speak of. Volquez won't be a factor until atleast 2011, Harang is finished, Arroyo is too inconsistent, Bailey is not what we thought he was.

Other than Phillips and Votto, the remaining starting 6 are all minor leaguers in major league uniforms.

This franchise has no direction, no leadership, continually makes bad trades, no minor league players worth a squat, etc.

At this juncture, a 75 win season would be a miracle.

DannyB
08-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Dustyball only works if the other team is playing it too

redram
08-17-2009, 10:27 AM

This team stinks.

Other than Cueto, they have no starting pitching to speak of. Volquez won't be a factor until atleast 2011, Harang is finished, Arroyo is too inconsistent, Bailey is not what we thought he was.

Other than Phillips and Votto, the remaining starting 6 are all minor leaguers in major league uniforms.

This franchise has no direction, no leadership, continually makes bad trades, no minor league players worth a squat, etc.

Cueto?? He is getting kicked around like a bad dog. He always starts good, but when the hitters get going they kill him. I was high on him as well, but the pattern was the same last year. He has to learn how to pitch and not just how to throw hard and hope he strikes out batters.

texasdave
08-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Dustyball only works if the other team is playing it too

Classic post, dude.

Ohioballplayer
08-17-2009, 12:10 PM
It's time to put on the gloves, buy gallons of Round Up, and start weeding this team, the could have done this bad with all Louisville players up here. All they can do is take lessons, start a band and call it the Great American Rejects (since all american is taken).

GAWD, REBUILD ALREADY!!!! OR SPEND THE MONEY for good free agents, if you spend it we will come.. I PROMISE YOU THAT!!

bounty37h
08-18-2009, 10:26 AM

This team stinks.

Hope you didnt speak too soon, have you seen his last 8 or so games? I dont know if he is hurt, pissed he wasnt an allstar, or figured the Reds wont win anyways so has mailed it in, but the guy has appeared downright awful since right before the all-star break (going only off reports/box scores, havent actually seen him to know how much is him, how much isn't directly him).

TracyJonesFan
08-18-2009, 08:53 PM
The reds are a very bad team, this evening I stumbled across the Angels Line-up in which every single player in there starting line-up went into the game batting over .300. EVERY SINGLE STARTER 1 through 9.

roby
08-19-2009, 01:18 PM
The reds are a very bad team, this evening I stumbled across the Angels Line-up in which every single player in there starting line-up went into the game batting over .300. EVERY SINGLE STARTER 1 through 9.

A reds fan can only dream of stuff like that.

texasdave
08-19-2009, 04:02 PM

That is big-time base clogging, dude.