PDA

View Full Version : Predict 2010 Team

Captain Hook
08-28-2009, 02:00 AM
So this is going to sound a lot like the current team but since I expect very little to be done this off season I can't imagine things looking too much different.My big predictions is that somehow we will not have Taveras next year and BP will be moved to SS.:pray:

Starters
1.CF Dickerson
2.2B DeRosa
3.1B Votto
4.SS Phillips
5.3B Rolen
6.RF Bruce
7.LF Nix
8.C Hanigan

Bench
Gomes
Stubbs
Hernandez
Janish
Francisco

Rotation
Harang
Cueto
Aaroyo
Bailey
Mulder

Relievers
Cordero
Rhoades
Burton
Fisher
DRH
Bray
Owens

Key additions being mark Mulder and DeRosa.Walt won't be able to help himself.We knew well before signing Tavaras and trading for Rolen that Walt wanted them and the same can be said for DeRosa and Mulder.This team can win enough to contend but it will take better luck then we have had this year.

Captain Hook
08-28-2009, 02:26 AM
Thought I'd add that I think the Reds buy out Hernandez's contract and then sign him to a smaller contract.He seems to like Cinci so I'd guess we might be able to get him a little cheaper then other teams considering we are giving him a million when we buy him out also.

JayBruceFan
08-28-2009, 03:20 AM
I don't see the Reds having Stubbs and Francisco up with the big team just to have them rot on the bench

Francisco needs at least 1 more season in the minors to hone his craft and Stubbs is too good for that

I also don't that Nix will back with the team because if given the choice between the 2 players the Reds should keep Jonny Gomes because Gomes is a much better player than Nix and has a much better track record as well.

GIDP
08-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Starters
CF Taveras
RF Bruce
LF Something very similar to what terrible plan we had in 2009.
1B Votto
2B Phillips
SS Paul Janish on the strength of him hitting .230. I mean if they stuck with Gonzo being terrible it seems obvious they are perfectly fine with running Janish out there.
3B Rolen
C Hanigan/Kendall

Bench and some form of LF platoon
Stubbs
Dickerson
Balentien
Rosales
Sutton
Dorn
Starting pitching
Harang
Arroyo
Cueto
Bailey
Owings

Relievers
Cordero
Fisher
Lincoln
Masset
DRH
Rhoades
Viola/Bray

I didnt really look into where 40 man roster spots and things of that nature fit in but I could see something very very similar to this.

fewfirstchoice
08-28-2009, 10:28 AM
C- Hanigan
1B- Votto
2B- Phillips
SS- B. Crosby (not that i want him just seems like a Walt move to me)
3B- Rolen
LF- DeRosa
CF- Taveras (Walts mistake so he will stick with him)
RF- Bruce

Bench
Janish
Tatum
Dickerson
Gomes
Sutton

Rotation
Harang
Arroyo
Cueto
Bailey
FA maybe Mulder or someone like him

BP
Cordero
Masset
Rhodes
D Ray Herra
Owings
Fischer
Burton

There you go your 2010 Cincinnati Reds

roby
08-28-2009, 11:18 AM
I think the Reds will surprise everybody and sign Felipe Lopez (I know he's not a great defensive SS, but you have Janish for the late innings) and Jason Bay. This will significantly improve the offense...especially if Jay Bruce shows some marked improvement (something that I think will happen).

Lopez SS
Dickerson CF
Votto 1B
Bay LF
Rolen 3B
Phillips 2B
Bruce RF
Hannigan C

I like that line-up pretty well. It would be nice to add another starting pitcher too.

fewfirstchoice
08-28-2009, 12:07 PM
I hope your right Roby that would be a good team.

Girevik
08-28-2009, 03:22 PM
I would love it if they traded for Bay. I was saying last year that I hoped they'd finally make a move for the future and trade for him at the end of last year and then lock him up.

roby
08-28-2009, 03:48 PM
I agree guys. It can't be "wait until next year" too many more times before some serious damage is done to this once-proud franchise. People are getting pretty antsy and i hope the front office realizes it. The reds are close enough that a couple of good additions would put them over the top. Then the money will come in...and not until!

vottofan4life
08-28-2009, 04:16 PM
to bad they wont let scott rolen be the hitting coach/player or manager/player

Slyder
08-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Note this is not what I would do but what I expect based on last years Free Agency.

We will sign a couple borderline guys but nothing earth shaking to really change the course of the franchise...

Lineup:
Willy Tavares CF (as long as Duhhhsty's here)
Orlando Cabrera SS (2 yrs 9 milish) To show "were going for it"
Joey Votto 1b (back to no one on and 2 out to begin
Brandon Philips 2b
Scott Rolen 3b
Jay Bruce RF
Laynce Nix OR Jonny Gomes/Chris Dickerson LF
Ramon Hernandez (not the option but like 4 mil for 1 year and claim were "saving money") and Ryan Hannigan CA

Bench:
Dickerson/Gomes or Nix
Janish
Hernandez/Hanigan
Drew Sutton (UTI)

Rotation:
1 Aaron Harang
2 Bronson Arroyo
3 Johnny Cueto
4 Homer Bailey
5 Mark Mulder (makes way to much sense as a Walt/Cast move)

Bullpen: Burton and Bray I think are either non tendered or traded after the season.
CL: Francisco Cordero
SU: Arthur Rhodes
SU: Nick Massett
MR: Mike Lincoln
MR: Daniel Ray Herrera
MR: Justin Lehr
MR: Carlos Fisher
Long Man: Micah Owings

While Louisville competes for another league title Reds FO is left scratching its head about why the team can't compete as Rolen goes on the DL at least once in 09 and there no real depth anywhere. Or Dick Pole continues to let Homer and Johnny meander in mediocrity and do nothing.

Kingspoint
08-28-2009, 05:57 PM
I'll predict the batting order:

CF
SS
1B
2B
3B
RF
LF
C
P

Dusty will make that lineup whoever's on the team.

RedLakerFan24
08-28-2009, 06:51 PM
1. CF Drew Stubbs
2. 2B Brandon Phillips
3. 1B Joey Votto
4. 3B Scott Rolen
5. RF Jay Bruce
6. SS JJ Hardy (Trade Travis Wood and Micah Owings)
7. LF Todd Frazier
8. C Ryan Hanigan

Pitching
1. Aaron Harang
2. Bronson Arroyo
3. Rich Harden
4. Johny Cueto
5. Homer Bailey

gedred69
08-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Phillips, Votto, Rolen, and Bruce are the only definites, with Hernandez a most likely. With the exception of Pitching, everything else is anybody's guess. Looking at the short picture, when Rolen has been in the line-up, I wouldn't be surprised if the Reds tried to pick up one more proven MLB hitter already under contract somewhere. It will cost some of everyones' favorite prospects for sure, but that's where this teams bargaining chips are. (Although it would be nice to be on the reverse side once of a O'Neill for Kelly trade):D :beerme: :D