PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade...

will5979
09-03-2009, 12:08 PM
If you had the option to trade one teams success for anothers would you do it? For example, if you were a Steelers fan and had the option to trade in their greatness for a gaurantee of Reds greatness how many would do it?

Ohio State fans, WVU fans, how many of you would make that trade off? I bleed gold and blue and love the Eers forever, but I would much rather see Reds success, I guess because baseball is my favorite sport, but thats just me!

BSUFB
09-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Well considering I am a Reds and Lions fan (don't like NBA), I am sure you wouldn't want me to trade the Lions success with the Reds. Has a team ever gone 0-162

will5979
09-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Well considering I am a Reds and Lions fan (don't like NBA), I am sure you wouldn't want me to trade the Lions success with the Reds. Has a team ever gone 0-162

I thought I had it bad being a Bengals fan! I'm sorry dude.

texasdave
09-03-2009, 12:51 PM
I would trade in Cubs greatness (if they ever achieve any) for a box of used Dusty Baker toothpicks. No, really I would.

Joeyjection19
09-03-2009, 03:28 PM
I would trade Ohio State's football's success in in a heartbeat.

Detroit Red Wings? Not so much... not to say that I would trade Reds' success for Red Wings success if the situation were reversed.

bounty37h
09-03-2009, 04:02 PM

Dude, seriously, give up on sports.

bounty37h
09-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Hmm, I am a Steelers fan, but a Reds and baseball fan in general more, so yeah, I would make htat trade. I am also a UNC fan, dont think I would be able to let that one slip through though.

PhillipsHead
09-03-2009, 04:19 PM
I wouldn't trade my teams for anything. They suck and I live in misery...but I take it like a man...

justincredible
09-03-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm a Reds and Jets fan, so...

mroby85
09-03-2009, 05:39 PM
I like the Reds, Bengals, and Buckeyes. I wouldn't say i'd trade it, I may be more anxious to see the Bengals win, but when Ohio State stopped winning, I think the same feeling would come there as well.

WildcatFan
09-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Sorry Reds, my Kentucky Wildcats win this one.

BlastFurnace
09-03-2009, 10:45 PM
If you had the option to trade one teams success for anothers would you do it? For example, if you were a Steelers fan and had the option to trade in their greatness for a gaurantee of Reds greatness how many would do it?

Ohio State fans, WVU fans, how many of you would make that trade off? I bleed gold and blue and love the Eers forever, but I would much rather see Reds success, I guess because baseball is my favorite sport, but thats just me!

I'm a diehard and lifelong Steelers and Reds fan from the 1970's. I would not trade.

Captain Hook
09-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Of all the sports teams I root for the Reds are my favorite.They also happen to be the worse of the bunch so it would be easy for me to trade of the success of my other teams and expect to see the Reds not only make the playoffs but win Championships.Between the Lakers, Packers and OSU sports I could pick any of them.I wouldn't though.I have actually thought about this before and decided that I would not choose for any of the teams I like to be bad for any reason.They have earned the success they have had and who am I to bestow the Reds loosing ways on them.

BigPoppa
09-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Being a Reds fan, and a University of Tennessee football fan, I expect my misery to seamlessly overlap and continue from now through November. :(

RedLakerFan24
09-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Im the biggest Laker Fan, sorry Reds

vottofan4life
09-05-2009, 12:53 PM
I would make three trades that could seriously help us next year

Reds acquire JJ Hardy and Rickie Weeks
Brewers acquire Pedro Viola,Chris Valaika,Willy Taveras and Rickie Weeks can be part of the Dave Weathers Trade as the PTBL

Reds acquire Ryan Doumit and Paul Maholm
Pirates acquire Matt Maloney,Devin Mesoraco,Paul Janish,Mike Lincoln

Reds acquire Chris Young
Padres acquire Aaron Harang and cash

This is our Lineup next year
CF Stubbs
2B Phillips
1B Votto
LFJohnny Gomes/Signed to 2-year deal for 6 mil
3B Scott Rolen
RF Jay Bruce
C Ryan Doumit
SS JJ Hardy

Bench:
OF Wladimir Balentien
OF Chris Dickerson
C Ryan Hanigan
OF Chris Heisey
INF/OF Rickie Weeks

Rotation:
SP Cueto
SP Bailey
SP Arroyo(eventually i think he'll be traded to.you just dont survive 3 years worth of trade rumors)
SP Maholm
SP Chris Young/Travis Wood

Bullpen:
Micah Owings
Carlos Fisher
Danny Ray Herrera
Jared Burton
Arthur Rhodes
Nick Masset
Coco Cordero

RedLakerFan24
09-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Trade Travis Wood for JJ Hardy
Trade Juan Francisco and Matt Moloney for BJ Upton
Trade Arroyo for Nothing just take his Salary Away
Trade Chris Heisey for Fausto Carmona
Sign Bengie Molina 2yr/12 mil
Sign Rich Harden 2yr/12 mil

Starting Line Up

1.CF BJ Upton
2.2B Brandon Phillips
3.1B Joey Votto
4.3B Scott Rolen
5.C Bengie Molina
6.RF Jay Bruce
7.SS JJ Hardy
8. Pitcher
9.LF Drew Stubbs

Starting Rotation
1. Aaron Harang
2. Rich Harden
3. Johny Cueto
4. Homer Bailey
5. Fausto Carmona

Bullpen
Carlos Fisher
Jared Burton
Nick Masset
Danny Ray Herrera
Bill Bray
Coco Cordero

JLO44
09-07-2009, 02:20 AM
Trade Travis Wood for JJ Hardy
Trade Juan Francisco and Matt Moloney for BJ Upton
Trade Arroyo for Nothing just take his Salary Away
Trade Chris Heisey for Fausto Carmona
Sign Bengie Molina 2yr/12 mil
Sign Rich Harden 2yr/12 mil

If we offered Fransisco and Maloney for BJ Upton we would be laughed at. Same goes for Heisey for Carmona. Rich Harden agent would not even field our phone calls if we offered 2 years/12 million.

Im not saying I know what the answer is. We dont have enough high-end prospects to acquire a superstar, and our up and coming mid-level prospects are always a crapshoot. I guess we have to hope for some young guys to pan out, and for some bargain prced veterans to have career years for us to compete for a division title.

RedLakerFan24
09-07-2009, 02:29 AM
If we offered Fransisco and Maloney for BJ Upton we would be laughed at. Same goes for Heisey for Carmona. Rich Harden agent would not even field our phone calls if we offered 2 years/12 million.

Im not saying I know what the answer is. We dont have enough high-end prospects to acquire a superstar, and our up and coming mid-level prospects are always a crapshoot. I guess we have to hope for some young guys to pan out, and for some bargain prced veterans to have career years for us to compete for a division title.

BJ Upton is batting 230 i dont think he requires a top prospect, have you seen Fausto Carmona's last two seasons? they even send him down to low ball, it looks like the Indians have gave up on Carmona, and theres been reports on MLB Trade Rumors that Harden will not get more than 3 yrs or 20 million because of his Injury History

JLO44
09-09-2009, 12:16 AM
BJ Upton has more talent in his pinkie than 99% of the players in the entire Reds system. Plus he is only 22 years old. Tampa is not going to trade him for any less than two major prospects. Even if he is only hitting .230

While I agree that Carmona has been pretty bad, he still has a ton of god given ability. Most teams are not inclined to trade away those types of players. They can keep him in triple a and let him work it out.

And while I dont think that Harden is worth more than 2 years, 15 million, some desperate team will give him at least 3 years 24 million. There is no way, injury history or not, that he only gets 6 million a year.

RedLakerFan24
09-09-2009, 02:49 AM
BJ Upton has more talent in his pinkie than 99% of the players in the entire Reds system. Plus he is only 22 years old. Tampa is not going to trade him for any less than two major prospects. Even if he is only hitting .230

While I agree that Carmona has been pretty bad, he still has a ton of god given ability. Most teams are not inclined to trade away those types of players. They can keep him in triple a and let him work it out.

And while I dont think that Harden is worth more than 2 years, 15 million, some desperate team will give him at least 3 years 24 million. There is no way, injury history or not, that he only gets 6 million a year.

BJ Upton is not 22 years of Age, he is 25 and going to be 26 next year, he has alot of talent but hasnt made it in the mlb level, i think your confusing BJ Upton with Justin Upton his brother who is 22 years of age and has a crap load of Talent, and Carmona you never know, i mean arent the Indians the team that traded CC Sabatha and Cliff Lee, in the last 2 years? so you never know, i was only basing my trades based on Articles i read of players that were available

BLEEDS
09-09-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm a diehard and lifelong Steelers and Reds fan from the 1970's. I would not trade.

Ditto.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

JLO44
09-09-2009, 01:19 PM
BJ Upton is not 22 years of Age, he is 25 and going to be 26 next year, he has alot of talent but hasnt made it in the mlb level, i think your confusing BJ Upton with Justin Upton his brother who is 22 years of age and has a crap load of Talent, and Carmona you never know, i mean arent the Indians the team that traded CC Sabatha and Cliff Lee, in the last 2 years? so you never know, i was only basing my trades based on Articles i read of players that were available

I did think that BJ Upton was younger than 25, so that is my mistake. But I still think that he has a ton of talent and I do not think they would trade him for less than a big time prospect. Especially when he is not costing a ton of money right now.

I see your point on Carmona, but they traded Sabathis and Lee for upper tier prospects. I understand that Carmona is not the pitcher of either of those two, but the Indians probably would not trade him when his value is at a all time low. They can sit him in Triple A, where his service time is not accumulating, and let him work it out. Its not that I dont think they would trade him, I just think they would be very hesitant to trade him for a fringe prospect.

But you never know.

Btrester151
09-09-2009, 05:08 PM
But you never know.

What do you know..... didnt your E league softball team just lose 28-3 last night? You guys should fire your coach.... :beerme:

Speaking of which, does anybody want to play softball, I just DFA'd my second baseman. I need an outfielder with wheels also.

will5979
09-09-2009, 06:01 PM
What do you know..... didnt your E league softball team just lose 28-3 last night? You guys should fire your coach.... :beerme:

Speaking of which, does anybody want to play softball, I just DFA'd my second baseman. I need an outfielder with wheels also.

where do you guys play? I play both RF and 2B. Depends on where u r from though...

Btrester151
09-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Tusday nights in lebanon @ armco park. U game?

will5979
09-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Tusday nights in lebanon @ armco park. U game?

hmm, doubt it, I live in West Virginia!