PDA

View Full Version : Does Duhhhsty ever learn?

Slyder
09-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Runner on 2nd two outs and Aramis Ramirez up to bat. Tied in a 4-4 game after coming back being down 3-1 and you pitch to Aramis Ramirez with Micah Hoffpauer in the on deck circle hitting .233 with 10 hrs. You seriously pitch to Aramis?!?!

As bad as this team has been scoring runs you gotta assume even the fifth inning that the runner is the winning runer. Make Hoffpaur beat you not the Cubs best offensive weapon. He makes this mistake WAY TO OFTEN.

malcontent
09-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Simply a horrible excuse for a MLB manager.

It's a fan's worst nightmare to see his team handicapped on a daily basis by such poor decision making.

Kingspoint
09-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Simply a horrible excuse for a MLB manager.

It's a fan's worst nightmare to see his team handicapped on a daily basis by such poor decision making.

Could not agree more. It made for a disaster of a season from the opening pitch.

Griffey012
09-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Dude at the plate was probably hot meaning dude at the plate was due for a poor ab, or somethin like that

Ghosts of 1990
09-12-2009, 09:20 AM
I'll say it: who cares anymore.

FlyerFanatic
09-12-2009, 10:09 AM

fans who want to see a winner? :confused:

Slyder
09-12-2009, 11:14 AM

I understand this team isnt very good at this point but when you exaccerbate that with the strategic lapses of the manager it makes it all that worse. Tied game and Derrick Lee almost makes it moot the batter before. There is no reason what-so-ever that Ramirez got a strike to swing at period.

Many believe that a similar situation led to our demise when some guy named Pu-hols stepped up to the plate with the bases loaded and only up 3 and he choose to pitched to Pu-hols when just about any other manager would have made the next guy beat us (Pre-Holliday). I wouldnt be as hard on Duhhhsty if he was at least showing he was learning from his mistakes but for the 2nd straight year he stuck with a really bad OBP fast dude as leadoff, miscasting 3/4 of the lineup, and letting teams best hitters beat us routinely.

nineworldseries
09-12-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm sure he was praying that Ramirez would walk and clog the bases.

bellposter
09-13-2009, 10:11 AM
how can he learn if he learned he would not be dusty, thus a tautology, he is dusty because he cannot learn