PDA

View Full Version : Bruce off DL, Juan Francisco promoted

GIDP
09-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Per Reds twitter

Reds promote IF/OF Juan Francisco, reinstate Jay Bruce from the DL.

Z-Fly
09-14-2009, 03:44 PM
I like it. I wonder how much playing time Juan Francisco will get, and what position will he play.

nemesis
09-14-2009, 03:52 PM
I like it. I wonder how much playing time Juan Francisco will get, and what position will he play.

I would "hope" Dusty has Rolen working with him at 3B for the next month before he heads off to winter ball. I'd give him starts 2 a week at 3B and at least 1 Game in LF. I wouldn't overwhelm or over expose him just yet.

Maybe him and Wlad will be our Platoon in LF by the middle of next year? Be alot cheaper than Gomes and Nix. Just about as productive... Also gives us a Legit 3B who can spell Rolen 1 or 2 starts a week about the time he starts wearing down. By 2011, Votto will take over LF and he can be plugged into 3B when Rolen contract expires after having a full season of coaching by Rolen at 3B.

CySeymour
09-14-2009, 03:56 PM
My guess is Francisco won't get much of a chance with Dusty around. I noticed Bruce isn't in there, either, but then again Houston is throwing a lefty.

Captain Hook
09-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Francisco has adjusted quickly to better competition when promoted in the minors so now it only makes sense to see if he can hit at the highest level.I'm guessing that there is a good chance that the Reds are just showing him off so he can be traded in the off season.He really won't have a position next year and it certainly seems like he is ready to face big league pitching as he has worn out minor league pitchers at all levels.I'd guess that Francisco would have a very high value to teams willing to overlook his problems in the field.I wouldn't mind keeping him except I don't know where he would fit in.

Ghosts of 1990
09-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Bruce isn't even in the lineup tonight (??????)

Excited to see them both in uniform though.

Carolina Red
09-14-2009, 09:54 PM
I've seen Francisco play a few times this year and he makes Edwin Encarnacion look like Brooks Robinson at third base. Hopefully Walt is preparing to trade him in a deal for a SS this offseason.

Ghosts of 1990
09-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Francisco is listed at 180 pounds. he looks 230 though no joke.