PDA

View Full Version : Where does Frazier play?

malcontent
09-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Now that Jocketty has blocked him at 3B with Rolen, a glut of LF candidates (and Francisco and Alonso on the horizon), and no apparent desire to move Phillips to SS?

IMO next year he should play 3B at Louisville, and then replace Rolen as the Reds 3B in 2011, when Scott will give the Cardinals a nice little home-town discount if the Reds don't break the bank for him.

FlyerFanatic
09-19-2009, 07:56 PM
i dont think rolen likes larussa, i read how earlier this year he went in and talked to larussa and they sort of both put it behind them, but how much so, who knows. besides i think rolen would be willing to give the reds a hometown discount more so than the csrds. isnt rolen from indiana?

Ghosts of 1990
09-19-2009, 11:28 PM
I do believe Frazier could be the 2B here next year and Phillips would make a spring training move to SS

malcontent
09-20-2009, 12:53 AM
i dont think rolen likes larussa, i read how earlier this year he went in and talked to larussa and they sort of both put it behind them, but how much so, who knows. besides i think rolen would be willing to give the reds a hometown discount more so than the csrds. isnt rolen from indiana?

Yeah, he's from Evansville/Jasper.

I could be making too much out of his attempted reconciliation with LaRussa.

malcontent
09-20-2009, 12:56 AM
I do believe Frazier could be the 2B here next year and Phillips would make a spring training move to SS

If it worked out, that would also solve the Reds' SS quandary.

:)

vottofan4life
09-20-2009, 12:25 PM
I dont think he is with the reds next year because i think
Reds acquire: Yunel Escobar,Javy Vasquez
Braves acquire: Bronson Arroyo, Todd Frazier,Travis Woods,Paul Janish,Willy Taveras

Reds get the SS they need while adding a great sp to take the place of edinson volquez next season.

Braves get 2 sp's who could help them in the long run while todd frazier can take chipper's place in 2011 and Paul Janish can take Escobar's spot next season while Taveras can help back up McClouth in the CF

vottofan4life
09-21-2009, 04:56 PM
OR

Reds acquire- Hanley Ramirez, Josh Johnson, Jeremy Hermida
Marlins acquire- Travis Woods, Yonder Alonso, Jay Bruce, Neftali Soto, Josh Fellhauer, Paul Janish

Orioles acquire- Francisco Cordero, Wladimir Balentien,cash
Reds acquire- Jeremy Guthrie, Luke Scott, Chris Ray

Reds acquire Chris Young,Kyle Blanks
Padres acquire Aaron Harang

Reds acquire Ryan Doumit and Paul Maholm
Pirates acquire Matt Maloney and Juan Francisco

Sign Orlando Hudson and Johnny Gomes to 2-year deals

Any of those are realistic.its just whether the reds got the guts to pony up to it

BatsExaminer
09-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Below is a link to an article I just wrote on Frazier. He played almost exclusively at second base after getting called up to Louisville in late August. I hope you all find this mildly informative and entertaining.

http://www.examiner.com/x-6603-Louisville-Bats-Examiner~y2009m9d23-Reds-prospect-Todd-Frazier-puts-himself-on-map-with-solid-2009

NastyBoy
09-24-2009, 01:00 AM
Ummm... how bout playing shortstop?

RedLakerFan24
09-24-2009, 01:38 AM
OR

Reds acquire- Hanley Ramirez, Josh Johnson, Jeremy Hermida
Marlins acquire- Travis Woods, Yonder Alonso, Jay Bruce, Neftali Soto, Josh Fellhauer, Paul Janish

Orioles acquire- Francisco Cordero, Wladimir Balentien,cash
Reds acquire- Jeremy Guthrie, Luke Scott, Chris Ray

Reds acquire Chris Young,Kyle Blanks
Padres acquire Aaron Harang

Reds acquire Ryan Doumit and Paul Maholm
Pirates acquire Matt Maloney and Juan Francisco

Sign Orlando Hudson and Johnny Gomes to 2-year deals

Any of those are realistic.its just whether the reds got the guts to pony up to it

I Think all of them are realistic except for the Hanley Ramirez and Josh Johnson trade, i think the Marlins trade Josh Johnson but not Hanley

malcontent
09-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Ummm... how bout playing shortstop?
I was thinking the same thing. That way Frazier gives you an offensive edge at SS, you don't disturb Phillips, and you won't have to trade for a SS.

He may well be adequate at SS, and infield defense stays tight at 2B and 3B.

Problem is, I don't think the Reds are considering it as an option.

RoundingThird
09-24-2009, 06:11 PM
I'd like to see Frazier at 2B and move Phillips to SS and see what happens in spring training. I like the defense that Janish brings to SS but I don't see much offensive upside. But I believe management wants to make Janish the starter at SS.

malcontent
09-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Below is a link to an article I just wrote on Frazier. He played almost exclusively at second base after getting called up to Louisville in late August. I hope you all find this mildly informative and entertaining.

http://www.examiner.com/x-6603-Louisville-Bats-Examiner~y2009m9d23-Reds-prospect-Todd-Frazier-puts-himself-on-map-with-solid-2009
Nice article, BatsExaminer.