PDA

View Full Version : LaRussa to meet with Cardinals brass..

mroby85
10-12-2009, 12:04 PM
They said LaRussa is supposed to have a meeting with the Cardinals brass today on ESPN, determining his future with the team, as well as his staff. They said he was hesitant to make a committment after the game Saturday night. Just thought people might be interested in this since bringing him in here has been mentioned. Personally I think it would be stupid to drop 6-8 million on 2 managers, after letting Dusty go.

FlyerFanatic
10-12-2009, 12:57 PM
if they arent going to drop the money for players, i would sure hope they'd be willing to drop money down on managers like larussa/duncan

show the fans you're doing at least something

GIDP
10-12-2009, 01:03 PM
I would probably explode because this owner would rather spend money on coaches than fill holes on the roster responsibly.

Ghosts of 1990
10-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Can't argue with LaRusa's track record. He wins MLB games. But I feel that he'd be only here on money motivation. Let's be honest, why would he wanna go from StL to Cincy? Why? What a dropoff. Is he still hungry to really win a championship? That said he's an upgrade over dusty.

Marty hates TLR with a passion. That would be interesting to hear Marty B's comments on him if he was hired.

BigPoppa
10-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Can't argue with LaRusa's track record. He wins MLB games. But I feel that he'd be only here on money motivation. Let's be honest, why would he wanna go from StL to Cincy? Why? What a dropoff. Is he still hungry to really win a championship? That said he's an upgrade over dusty.

Marty hates TLR with a passion. That would be interesting to hear Marty B's comments on him if he was hired.

I keep reading this....what's the back story ?

Carin4Narron
10-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Marty thinks LaRussa thinks of himself as God's gift to baseball.

bounty37h
10-12-2009, 02:23 PM
He is just egotistical enough to take a spot like this, to show he can turn poop into gold. Are the reds going to pay enough to convince him though, and if its that much, is it really worth it if we arent going to upgrade the players too? Kind of as pointless as having a Porshe with no engine, just sits there looking good, but wont run.

indyredleg
10-17-2009, 11:08 PM
TLR is not comming here....2 WS 5 Pennants 90+ win seasons 10+ times 11 first place finishes....I wish he were.

Vottomatic
10-24-2009, 03:04 AM
I think TLR will take time off before he would come to the Reds. But, with Matt Holliday looking to go elsewhere, and the Cardinals looking to trim payroll, and Pujols contract status up in the air including his health problems, I could see TLR not going back to the Cards. I think they they drop off next year. Just my opinion.