PDA

View Full Version : Q & A: Rosales talks holiday traditions

robmadden1
12-24-2009, 01:10 PM
CINCINNATI - Reds infielder Adam Rosales will get to be home for the holidays.

Rosales has spent most of his offseason playing in the Mexican Winter League for Mexicali, but plans to take a break to the United States to see his family.

Rosales, 26, is a Chicago area native, but his parents have since moved to Utah. So that's where he will be spending his holiday season.

During his one other break from Mexico earlier this month at Redsfest, Rosales was able to answer some questions for the annual MLB.com Holiday Q&A.

MLB.com: Are the holidays and Christmas a big deal in the Rosales house?

Adam Rosales: It is a big deal. The holidays are big for us. We go out to Salt Lake City. My mom makes enchiladas on Christmas Eve and we open presents on Christmas Eve.

MLB.com: What was the best gift you received as a kid?

Rosales: Probably the toy trucks. I think it's more the excitement of opening the gifts and seeing the rest of the family open their gifts. When you're a little kid, you always want what your brother got. I have two brothers and two sisters. Now I like getting gifts for my family and watching them open them.

MLB.com: You're making a little more money now compared to last year, so does that improve the gifts you give?

Rosales: (Laughing) I'm pretty frugal, but I still take care of everybody.

MLB.com: Do you have a favorite holiday movie?

Rosales: I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" for the first time last year. It got to me, man. It's a good one. We always watched "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation."

MLB.com: Did you ever do any community work during the holidays?

Rosales: At my church, we used to go to the soup kitchens and help the homeless.

MLB.com: Being from a northern city, did you appreciate the times when there was a "white Christmas?"

Rosales: I loved when it snowed. I hated it when it was gray with no snow. It was too gloomy. Getting a snowfall is nice. Now in Salt Lake City, there are mountains all around and it's gorgeous.

MLB.com Were you big on Santa Claus?

Rosales: When I was 4 years old [I was], but I can remember being seen on camera with Santa looking like, "What's going on here? Where's Dad at?" I believe in the spirit of Santa.

MLB.com: Finally, do you have a holiday wish for the Reds and the fans?

Rosales: My Christmas wish to everyone is for good health, a lot of happiness and a lot of joy.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091221&content_id=7837866&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

Vottomatic
12-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Nice. Merry Christmas Adam.

Ghosts of 1990
12-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Opening Day needs to get here. I can't sift through many more Adam Rosales Q & A's to tide my offseason appetite.

While they're at it, has anyone seem Herm Winningham or Brian Hunter to see if they're available for a similar Q & A?