PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Bench

cbowen2112
12-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Finally, I will put down an idea for a solid bench this season.

OF- Balentin
OF- Dickerson or Heisey

UI- Sutton
UI- Rosales
C- Hanigan

This in my mind will probably be the bench. Not that strong, but it is what we have so far. If any trades were to happen especially with SS, then you would see Janish here instead of starting. Also, the outfield seems like it can get crowded. I also, do not know if they plan on having 12 or 13 pitchers, I put down 13 earlier, but that could change. If they have 13 pitchers, look for Rosales to get the nod for the UI over Sutton because of his injury last year.

Thoughts?

vottofan4life
12-30-2009, 03:19 PM
i hope to god sutton and rosales are not on the bench.they dont deserve it and theyre just a waste of space right now.i'm not even sure if hanigan should be on our bench with the way he ended last year

cbowen2112
12-30-2009, 03:23 PM
i hope to god sutton and rosales are not on the bench.they dont deserve it and theyre just a waste of space right now.i'm not even sure if hanigan should be on our bench with the way he ended last year

Well, Sutton could end up being valuable having played all over the place, Rosales always "hustles" and Hanigan is solid defensively, so he will and should stick.

Do you have any other players that would be better for bench purposes? Prospects etc...?

vottofan4life
12-30-2009, 03:30 PM
well i think valaika could be out both rosales or sutton for a spot plus there are guys like the spring training invites that could easily beat out those 3..what if javy valentin came back or how about some more names like ryan garko to play back up 1st base and be a back up o.f. or i think they will sign a ss eventually.i would love to see felipe lopez or miguel tejada in cincinnati.janish's defense is awesome but the offense that those 2 free agents bring in should not go by unnoticed.plus i hear corky miller is signed on with louisville haha.watch out ryan hanigan.even though miller did pretty awesome with out pitchers at the end of the yera

vottofan4life
12-30-2009, 03:32 PM
we also got juan francisco too

cbowen2112
12-30-2009, 03:37 PM
we also got juan francisco too

I think Valaika is still one more year away, they say Cozart is closer in AAA and should be a September call up. Francisco is a good point, but he may be more of the LF backup and eventual back up to Rolen if and wehn he is injured from time to time. If we stay healthy any of the guys you mentioned may not get a shot. But with the Reds history, all of the above will get a shot IMO. Corky did okay, but cannot compare to Hanigan's season.

redleg40
12-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Guys like Francisco and Valaikia need to play everyday. I would like to see Chris Burke in that super sub role. Release or trade Rosales and Sutton!