PDA

View Full Version : No Reds on TV in 2010?

Carin4Narron
12-31-2009, 03:05 PM
Time Warner Cable might take off Fox Sports Ohio in a dispute with Fox Corp. If so, many Reds fans will have a major case of the goo next season. Let's revolt!

flash
12-31-2009, 04:12 PM
Just a sign of the times. Soon everyone will have a computer hooked up to the TV. You will buy your baseball from MLBTV

Carin4Narron
12-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Just a sign of the times. Soon everyone will have a computer hooked up to the TV. You will buy your baseball from MLBTVbut mlb.tv blackouts live games in your local market. Have the goo yet?

Old NDN
12-31-2009, 05:08 PM
Maybe Dish or Direct TV?

Krawhitham
12-31-2009, 05:45 PM
Here is a list on channels you may lose in the 45245 ZIP

* Food Network
* Fox Reality Channel
* Fox Soccer Channel
* Fox Sports World Espanol
* Fuel
* FX
* Great American Country
* Speed Channel

check here for your zip
http://rolloverorgettough.com/

SeeinRed
12-31-2009, 05:48 PM
These threats come and go all the time with Cable companies and the broadcasting corporations. TWC will say they will drop these channels to get people worked up and try to put pressure on the broadcast company because they aren't happy with a price increase that they are trying to enact. Very seldom does any thing of this manner ever come to fruition. No big deal IMO as we will most likely never see any actual lapse in Fox programing on TWC.

Redsfan320
12-31-2009, 06:22 PM
Certainly hope we don't lose this. Loved all the HD this past year. If it does go, at least we have Marty. :)

Happy New Year,

flash
12-31-2009, 10:24 PM
but mlb.tv blackouts live games in your local market. Have the goo yet?
I forgot about that. Since I live in Texas I see them all except when they play the Astros then I watch the local channel.

Vottomatic
12-31-2009, 10:27 PM
IF TWC removes all Fox Channels from my cable package, I will be cancelling my subscription and I'm sure thousands of other customers, and possibly hundreds of thousands will be cancelling too. Good luck with that one.

JayBruceFan
12-31-2009, 10:38 PM
I really hate Time Warner because they are too cheap to offer their subscribers access to ESPN360

George Foster
01-01-2010, 12:14 AM
I really hate Time Warner because they are too cheap to offer their subscribers access to ESPN360

TWC is the worst! The dish is the best. I seldom have problems. Only in a big down pour of rain or heavy snow.

TWC does not want to pay for anything.

Ghosts of 1990
01-02-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm in Columbus and have Insight Cable. I wonder if Insight is dropping FSN Ohio

Ghosts of 1990
01-02-2010, 04:50 PM
We Appreciate Your Support
Dear Time Warner Cable Customers,

We have good news to share. After prolonged negotiations, we have reached an agreement with FOX – which means you can continue to enjoy your favorite FOX shows on Time Warner Cable.

No one ever likes to see prices go up. We don’t. And we know you don’t. That’s why we work hard to keep the cost of cable affordable for our customers – especially in these difficult economic times.

And, your support has made a big difference as we’ve worked to sign a reasonable agreement with Fox and prevent any disruption of programming.

From all of us at Time Warner Cable to everyone in your home, thanks again for your support.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best wishes for a safe, healthy and Happy New Year.

Sincerely,

Glenn A. Britt
Chief Executive Officer
Time Warner Cable Inc.

gedred69
01-02-2010, 05:41 PM
I became dis-enchanted w/ TWC, and switched to Dish Network. Glad I am!!

gilpdawg
01-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Well, they made a deal, but whether or not they made a deal, it would have not mattered for the Reds. This negotiation was only for FOX owned properties. FSN Ohio & Fox 19 (and 45) in Dayton, are not Fox owned properties. They are just affiliates.

Lockdwn11
01-03-2010, 05:23 AM
I went to Direct tv a few years ago because of Time Warner always adding to my bill and when I would call them about it I would get very poor customer servce. At one point I talked to a Time warner rep and told him I was going to cancel my subscription, the guy said well go ahead then LOL so that is what I did and have been happy with Direct tv and my NFL sunday ticket.

Carin4Narron
01-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Yes,it would have mattered, Fox regional sporrts channels were channels that would had been taken of. But you are right, 45 and 19 wouldn't been affected.