PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Webb wanting to pitch closer to home???

cjtenn28
01-07-2010, 08:55 PM
I saw the post on the Old Red Guard saying this per MLB rumors. I am ALL for this. Brandon, lives a few min from me in Ashland Ky. I had my fiance's sister meet him at Borders Sporting Goods in Ashland right before Christmas while he was buying a new rifle. Super nice guy per her. He also a little while ago, bought a huge piece of property to build his house on. Brandon is from here and I would love to see him with the Reds. So many here would love to see him pitch for the Reds and I know I would go see him as much as possible.

mattfeet
01-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Im all for it. :)

-Matt

mdccclxix
01-08-2010, 01:23 AM
if he shows a clean bill of health this year, I would be ecstatic to have Webb. Anybody know if he's a Reds fan?

OldRed1966
01-08-2010, 07:54 AM
I've known Brandon since he was a kid. I talk to his dad all the time. Brandon would prefer to stay in Arizona, but if that doesn't work out he has stated he wouldn't mind pitching for the Reds. His first choice after the D'Backs unfortunately would be the Cardinals. They might not be able to afford him now since they just signed Holiday to a huge contract, and still have to figure out a way to resign Pujols to a long term extension.

CySeymour
01-08-2010, 08:44 AM
How old will Webb be at the end of his contract?

OldRed1966
01-08-2010, 09:37 AM
How old will Webb be at the end of his contract?

Brandon will turn 30 in May. For the record it was Tracy Woodson. :)

CySeymour
01-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Brandon will turn 30 in May. For the record it was Tracy Woodson. :)

hehehehe....spelling has never been my strong suit :cool: