PDA

View Full Version : PM Spamming

Cyclone792
01-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Has anybody else been getting a lot of PM spamming lately? I've been getting 1-2 spam PMs a day for the past few days, the latest from a poster with the name luckkyman.

Boss-Hog
01-18-2010, 10:24 AM
I banned the IP address and all user accounts associated with this...please PM the user name(s) if this continues to be a problem.

CySeymour
01-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Has anybody else been getting a lot of PM spamming lately? I've been getting 1-2 spam PMs a day for the past few days, the latest from a poster with the name luckkyman.

Yep, I got 2 over the weekend.

Boss: If I get more, I'll send you the info.

Cyclone792
01-18-2010, 03:37 PM
I banned the IP address and all user accounts associated with this...please PM the user name(s) if this continues to be a problem.

Hopefully that does the trick, but I'll let you know if they continue.

I actually think BigKlu was getting most of the same spams I was getting. They were sent to five or six of us; I know BillyBeaneFan and Heath were two of the others receiving the same messages.

RedsManRick
01-18-2010, 06:11 PM
I was receiving these also. Will let you know if others come in.

camisadelgolf
01-18-2010, 07:20 PM
I haven't received any. I wonder if that says something good/bad about me.

Screwball
01-19-2010, 12:40 AM
I haven't received any.

I didn't get any either, but that's only because everyone knows how big of an Internet Tough Guy I am.

http://devcentral.f5.com/weblogs/images/devcentral_f5_com/weblogs/macvittie/WindowsLiveWriter/CongratulationsYouareamoron_7EBF/InternetToughGuy_2.jpg

WMR
01-19-2010, 01:36 AM
Send them my way if these spammers give you any trouble.

http://thxforthe.info/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/dontworry-imfromtheinternet.jpg

WMR
01-19-2010, 01:37 AM
I think this is one of the culprits.

http://peteandalie.com/uploaded_images/gorilla_killa-708431.jpg

OnBaseMachine
02-13-2010, 11:17 AM
I just received this message from a poster/spammer by the name of kurtymann:

Dear, Tom Servo;OnBaseMachine;Hankthehammer;FoReel;rogue1973 !

There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here: http://www.virus-total.in/detected/Tom Servo;OnBaseMachine;Hankthehammer;FoReel;rogue1973
This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.

Thank you. Yours truly, Curtis Collins.

Boss-Hog
02-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Thank you for letting me know. I'll be looking for a way to make sure this doesn't happen any more.

OSUredsFAN
02-13-2010, 11:24 PM
I got one today but already deleted it, but i guess that doesn't really helpthe matter.

Razor Shines
02-14-2010, 12:12 AM
I just received this message from a poster/spammer by the name of kurtymann:

Dear, Tom Servo;OnBaseMachine;Hankthehammer;FoReel;rogue1973 !

There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here: http://www.virus-total.in/detected/Tom Servo;OnBaseMachine;Hankthehammer;FoReel;rogue1973
This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.

Thank you. Yours truly, Curtis Collins.

Uh, why are you reporting him? He was obviously trying to do you a service. Not a great way to repay someone. Would you have known that there are "viruses' activities" on your computer had he not informed you? I rest my case.

WMR
02-14-2010, 01:22 AM
Uh, why are you reporting him? He was obviously trying to do you a service. Not a great way to repay someone. Would you have known that there are "viruses' activities" on your computer had he not informed you? I rest my case.

I clicked it and you're right. It seems be be working great so fa

nemesis
02-14-2010, 09:29 AM
jordoniuss just posted a PM Spam to my account... Adult Site dating.

Boss-Hog
02-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Please reply here (with the user's name) if you continue to experience this. I've made a change that I hope helps.

OSUredsFAN
02-14-2010, 04:43 PM
jordoniuss just posted a PM Spam to my account... Adult Site dating.

yeah, i believe thats who sent me the one yesterday.

shan12stones
03-01-2010, 06:48 PM
thanks for the warning.i just joined here today.