PDA

View Full Version : Goodyear-Who is actually going from the Cincy area?

Carin4Narron
01-28-2010, 12:14 PM
I noticed on springtrainingonline.com that tickets for Goodyear went on sale in December, even at the Great American box office. But you heard nothing about it locally. Besides of Reds fans in the Arizona area, who from this area is actually going to Goodyear?

If not, would you go if the Reds still trained in Sarasota? Sarasota and Ed Smith can't be that bad because they got another team in Baltimore to train there right away. Plant City didn't do that! They settled for a fricking softball complex.

Bottom line-they were better off in Florida! I am going down there for spring training anyway and the Reds won't be missed!

bounty37h
01-28-2010, 02:55 PM
I dont live in Cincy-NC-but often went down for long weekends in FL for the Reds; been a tradition my dad and I used to go together, and went on spring breaks in college, and a few times alone and with friends in the last few years. I am not driving to frickin AZ for it though.

DannyB
01-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Come on down!!
There is still plenty of spring training baseball here,and quite a few other attractions.
March is great weather in that part of Florida.

dougflynn23
01-28-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm going for a couple of games in March, but only because I'm there on business already and am adding a day and a half to the trip. Looking forward to it, I hear the complex is very impressive.

Brandon4MVP
01-28-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm going for a couple of games in March, but only because I'm there on business already and am adding a day and a half to the trip. Looking forward to it, I hear the complex is very impressive.

Yeah cozart said that he played a game there for his arizona fall league and said its the best spring training facility you could possibly have. The move is great for the players but bad for the fans. I know florida was a popular destination for those folks in cincy

swaisuc
01-29-2010, 11:32 AM
I'm going with a group of 7 in March. I went once to Sarasota, but I am very excited to see the new place in Arizona.

DannyB
01-29-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm going with a group of 7 in March. I went once to Sarasota, but I am very excited to see the new place in Arizona.

You will kick yourself if you don't go to the Grand Canyon while you are there in Arizona.Its a few hrs away but a heck of a cool trip.

gedred69
01-29-2010, 09:16 PM
I attended 11 of the last 12 ST's in Fla.. Low cost as I have family in Ft. Myers to stay with free. Always went when the Reds were playing Twins or Bosox, and took the 1.5 hr. drive to Sarasota as well. Won't be going to Az., (No family, no side attractions, no beaches, no young college babes on Spring Break in tiny bikinis to ogle). Reds blew it. They could've had a new home in Ft. Myers if they'd used their options in sarasota for 2 years. They will find out what the Cubs learned in Az. "Our Fan base didn't follow us".