PDA

View Full Version : Rankings Team's Offseasons

Griffey012
02-26-2010, 11:19 AM
http://thesportsbanter.blogspot.com/2010/02/ranking-offseasons-mlb.html

The Reds come in at 6th, which I would say is a fair assessment, however the writers are smoking the ESPN pipe with the Red Sox ranked #1. There is no plausible way to not have the M's ranked #1 with their acquisition of Lee and locking up King Felix.

bigredmechanism
02-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Don't forget Chone Figgins coming over from a (much weakened) division rival. I'd have to agree with you; the M's had a nice off season, and should be favorites in the AL west at this point.

Griffey012
02-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Don't forget Chone Figgins coming over from a (much weakened) division rival. I'd have to agree with you; the M's had a nice off season, and should be favorites in the AL west at this point.

Yeah I definitely liked the Figgins deal also, their top of the order will be nightmares for catchers and defenses. Reminds me of a much better all around version of the Pierre/Castillo combo the Marlins had during their world series run.

1990REDS
02-27-2010, 11:48 AM
http://thesportsbanter.blogspot.com/2010/02/ranking-offseasons-mlb.html

The Reds come in at 6th, which I would say is a fair assessment, however the writers are smoking the ESPN pipe with the Red Sox ranked #1. There is no plausible way to not have the M's ranked #1 with their acquisition of Lee and locking up King Felix.

And they have the yanks at #2. Man these sports writers just write whatever espn says to.

Revering4Blue
02-27-2010, 08:08 PM
IMHO, the D-Rays should be ranked higher for this move alone:

Rays acquire Rafael Soriano for J. Chavez.

No way should the Yanks be ranked ahead of Seattle.

We will see.

Newman4
02-27-2010, 08:43 PM
From the Reds perspective, I think they are #6 by default. The rest of the teams below them either went backwards or did nothing. Also, I like the M's picking up Cliff Lee. If Jarrod Washburn can post good numbers as a LHP in that park then Lee should be outstanding. I also like the Vasquez trade for the Yankees. He is expensive but it's the Yankees and he will be solid for them. On the negative side, I'm not real high on the Brewers offseason. They traded Hardy in a bad trade talentwise and overpaid for Randy Wolf.