PDA

View Full Version : RedsZone Spring Training get together

Chip R
03-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Hey, everyone, Kitty Duran and I are thinking of having a Spring Training get together this Saturday for the Reds-Giants game. The game will start at 4:00 our time and MLB Network is showing the game on a tape delay basis at 5:00. However, CSN-BayArea will be showing the game live. That channel is available on the DirecTV Sports Pack. I think it may be available on Dish Network too but I couldn't say for sure. So we are going to try for 4:00.

As for where this shindig will take place, we have narrowed it down to two locations. Our usual get together site at Willies in Montgomery or Buffalo Wild Wings in Westchester.

This is a great opportunity to get together with old and new friends to quaff a few adult or non-adult beverages and watch the Reds play. If you'd like to come for a little while or watch the whole game, that's fine. No matter how many or how few, we manage to have a great time. And if you don't come, we'll talk about you. ;)

Screwball
03-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Have it at B-Dub's in West Chester! That's like 30 seconds from my place.

KittyDuran
03-15-2010, 05:09 PM
OK... it will be B-Dubs in West Chester off of I-75. I'll try to get there around 3:45 to snag a table and a TV. (Chip will be late because of practice)

See ya there! :wave:

yab1112
03-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Wish I could be there :(

Have fun!

HeatherC1212
03-16-2010, 12:38 PM
OK... it will be B-Dubs in West Chester off of I-75. I'll try to get there around 3:45 to snag a table and a TV. (Chip will be late because of practice)

See ya there! :wave:

Cool. That sounds like fun. I'll have to double check my schedule to make sure I don't have anything going on but as of right now I think I can make it. :) Which exit do you get off to get there? I'm not in West Chester very often and I can't remember where the B-Dubs is at up there. Thanks! :D

Chip R
03-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Cool. That sounds like fun. I'll have to double check my schedule to make sure I don't have anything going on but as of right now I think I can make it. :) Which exit do you get off to get there? I'm not in West Chester very often and I can't remember where the B-Dubs is at up there. Thanks! :D

It's the first one past 275 if you are going north. It's the one for the Rave and Ikea and all the other stores. And you owe me a beer. ;)

Cyclone792
03-16-2010, 08:50 PM
That's not far from where I'm at so I may stop up for a few if I don't have anything going on.

Exit 19, Union Centre Blvd.

If you're driving up via 75 north from Cincinnati, as Chip said, it's the first exit after the 275 interchange. There will be two left turn lanes on the exit ramp - get on the far inside left turn lane. After turning on Union Centre, go straight through the first traffic light (that's the exit/on-ramp light for 75 southbound traffic). The very next traffic light is Muhlhauser - turn left. Again, there will be two left turn lanes, and again you'll want the far left turn lane. After turning on Muhlhauser, turn left at the first traffic light and that will take you into the area where the B-Dubs is (you can easily see it while on Muhlhauser).

It's easy to get to, but if you're not familiar with it you could get mixed up a bit with the short distances between traffic lights and multiple left-hand turn lanes. I see people all the time in that area who look like they're lost, and they're likely not very familiar with the area but trying to get to Ikea.

Eric_the_Red
03-16-2010, 09:36 PM
That BW3 is actually very close to my place, about 15 minutes away. I may try to make it, but don't know if I could convince the wife to go watch a spring training game with a bunch of weirdos I met on the interwebs. ;)

HeatherC1212
03-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the directions Cyclone. I know where that is now. I've been to IKEA twice and I remember seeing the B-Dub on the way there. :)

You got it Chip. I'll buy you that beer but you gotta buy me a Mt. Dew while we're there, LOL ;) :thumbup:

redsfan1966
03-17-2010, 07:18 PM
I might make it down...last year's was a good time. Being close to Ikea would convince the missus to come down with me...though I would be interested in Willies---heard Cunningham mention he has redid the place and now calls it the "Great American Sports Cafe"...

AtomicDumpling
03-18-2010, 01:38 AM
Might have to fight some March Madness fanatics for a TV to watch the Reds. :bash:

redsfan1966
03-18-2010, 10:36 AM
true about march madness...someone might want to make sure in advance bdubs will dedicate a big screen for the redlegs...

Chip R
03-19-2010, 07:45 PM
I understand my co-host may not make it. If she doesn't, I will try to be there by 4. I will get a table under the name RedsZone. I will be wearing a gray and purple cap with a purple T-Shirt - UNI is playing Kansas that afternoon so my attention may be diverted somewhat. So, drop on by and meet, greet, drink and watch the Reds.

redsfan1966
03-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Barring "unforseen circumstances"--I will be there and I am looking forward to it...

HeatherC1212
03-19-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm planning on being there and I'll be wearing my brand new green and red Joey Votto shirt. Thank you Meijer for having Reds stuff out early! :D

GAC
03-20-2010, 04:38 AM
Have a great time folks. Would love to be there. Have been to past ones, and they are always fun. But we've been working mandatory OT every Saturday up here at the Honda ELP Plant.

If people weren't buying so many of the CRVs and the new Crosstour - been selling like hotcakes - this wouldn't have happened. :mooner:

Tear down some window blinds for me Chip. ;)

HeatherC1212
03-20-2010, 11:56 PM
Highlight of the evening: Chip literally running around the entire dining room area after his Northern Iowa guys defeated the top ranked Kansas team in basketball, LMAO :lol:

Good times at the BW3s tonight! I'm so glad I got to meet everyone there and I can't wait for the next gathering. Too bad the Reds lost but it was great fun just hanging out and chatting with everyone. Thanks for the great evening! :beerme:

redsfan1966
03-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Agreed...those I have told about the meetup cant believe I actually watched UNI vs. Kansas with a UNI grad...it was a really cool "hang" with everyone...thanks to Chip and Kitty for putting it together and thanks to Kitty for the "goody bags".

KittyDuran
03-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Just a heads up... the next "possible" gathering will be Memorial Day weekend for those that are interested. I have 10 free tickets for the Saturday, May 29th night game vs Houston. They are in two rows of 5 seats, Section 135, FF (seats 7-11) and GG (seats 7-11). Will need a meeting place beforehand to count noses and hand out the tickets.

I'll have Chip post a sticky a week before to gauge the interest.

HeatherC1212
03-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Just a heads up... the next "possible" gathering will be Memorial Day weekend for those that are interested. I have 10 free tickets for the Saturday, May 29th night game vs Houston. They are in two rows of 5 seats, Section 135, FF (seats 7-11) and GG (seats 7-11). Will need a meeting place beforehand to count noses and hand out the tickets.

I'll have Chip post a sticky a week before to gauge the interest.

I all ready told you before but I just wanted to let you know again that I'm definitely interested in that get together. Let's hope Oswalt isn't pitching that night, LOL ;)

Thanks again! :)