PDA

View Full Version : Impressed with Homer Bailey Friday night

mlh1981
04-10-2010, 12:33 AM
He didn't have his best stuff, wasn't fooling anyone, and worked his way into several deep counts, but he kept us in the game through guts and guile. I think wildness like he had would completely unnerve a lot of young pitchers, but not Bailey.

Like they said in the telecast, this used to be one of the starts where Bailey would allow many more runs than just three, but he hung in there. The final statline is ugly, but he is definately maturing before our very eyes.

Reds42MLB
04-10-2010, 12:52 AM
One start is one start. He grinded tonight but I'll praise him if he does this over numerous sketchy starts. Not to sound negative just speaking the truth.

mdccclxix
04-10-2010, 01:13 AM
I think it's a fair point. I can see him walking in a run during a game like tonight last year. I was hoping for more, but it's clear he's got to find his groove yet. I'll take the maturity in it's place.

bgwilly31
04-10-2010, 10:08 AM
We've yet to have a bad game from any of our starters thus far. Even when they dont seem to have their best stuff.

Baily grinded it out and got the job done. Im really liking me some owings in quick relief as well.

Its the bats that need to come alive. Just like last year.

Ghosts of 1990
04-10-2010, 10:08 AM
I love Bailey. He's a competitor. He brought nothing but his fastball to the park last night and he kept us in it. I think he gained a lot of fans as far as writers and people who cover the Reds last night due to how he battled.

Knightro28
04-10-2010, 04:02 PM
We've yet to have a bad game from any of our starters thus far. Even when they dont seem to have their best stuff.

Agreed. Starting pitching was a question mark, but over the first week, it has been a strength. Hope they keep it up.

kfm
04-10-2010, 06:35 PM
I was impressed also. He really gutted through and kept his team in the game when he clearly did not have his best stuff. It was one start, so I will not get too excited but it was a good sign of how he is maturing as a pitcher.