PDA

View Full Version : MLB Network.......WTH ?

BigPoppa
04-12-2010, 08:22 PM
I was promised Reds/Marlins all weekend.......

what did I get ? White Sox/Blue Jays !!!! :thumbdown

Redlegs_87
04-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Same here. Who is your cable provider?

flyersbaseball
04-12-2010, 10:10 PM
It's because the Reds are on Fox Cincy---is this your local FSN?>

Orodle
04-12-2010, 10:38 PM
on MLB net ....but I'm in Texas

gilpdawg
04-13-2010, 05:21 AM
You know that little disclaimer that they show? Blackout rules apply? They ain't lying. MLB Network can't show the game in Cincy or Florida. Gotta protect the local broadcasters. When the Reds play on ESPN I get ESPNEWS in it's place.

And yes, I know it's stupid, but in Murfreesboro, you are in the Reds blackout area.

Here's a map. HERE (http://stategis.blogspot.com/2006/07/major-league-baseball-blackout-map.html)

Moosie52
04-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Because of the Pacers game being on Fox Sports Indiana, we didn't get the Reds game from FSN Ohio. But MLB Network blacked out the Reds game in Indy anyway. You'd think their big brains could figure out that Indianapolis doesn't get every game FSN Ohio provides.

CRedsLarkin11
04-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I don't like the way the MLB does it. I live in Tennessee as well which is 4 hours from Cincy so it's not like I can conveniently go to the games. I do try to make the trip once or twice a year. We don't have Fox Sports Ohio on the local cable provider, Comcast...but wait! good news, the Reds are going to be shown most of the time on Fox Sports South(which Comcast does provide) or SportSouth(Which they do not)...so if you have cable in TN, you get to watch about 40 some odd games. The only thing to do is get DirecTV and buy the sports pack which has most of the FSN channels including FSO. So, in other words, if you're in Tennessee...you have to get DirecTV or you're SOL.

Of course what's so upsetting to me is that you can buy MLB.TV or Extra Innings and still not be able to watch them. MLB network blacks out every one of the games they show and ESPN was blacked out on opening day. Luckily, WGN was not blacked out this past weekend.

Kingspoint
04-13-2010, 04:40 PM
I was promised Reds/Marlins all weekend.......

what did I get ? White Sox/Blue Jays !!!! :thumbdown

That's why I've never bought it and will never buy it. Until they can "guarantee" me all the games (that aren't ESPN, WGN, TBS, etc), then I'm not giving them a penny.

It doesn't matter if you're in a blackout area or not. You can be 1000 miles away and you still don't get a ton of the games, and it's totally random.

RedLakerFan24
04-13-2010, 04:59 PM
I Get all the reds games on MLB Extra Innings

mattfeet
04-13-2010, 06:34 PM
FSN:HD is working for me tonight!!!!!!!!!

-Matt

goreds2
04-13-2010, 06:39 PM
FSN:HD is working for me tonight!!!!!!!!!

-Matt

I am happy for you as it is not for me. (Time Warner)