PDA

View Full Version : Tonight will say a lot about our team

Griffey012
04-13-2010, 06:49 PM
These are the games where the last 2 seasons we were great at taking 2 steps backward after taking 1 step forward. We got a huge extra inning win last night, and we have a good pitching match-up for us tonight. A solid all around win will say a lot considering how in previous years we would tend to turn right back around and lose the next 2, and never really be able to get over any sort of hump.

Who else is jacked up for an early April game against the fish?? I am!

Mr Larkin
04-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Winning the first two on the road is a big deal for any team, but for a team that is trying to grow legs for a winning season and even a possible playoff run, this is huge. Two impressive comebacks. The Reds of the past would have given in on at least on of these games.

DaytonFlyer
04-14-2010, 09:08 AM
I was definitely waiting on Owings to serve one up in the 9th and 10th last night. He did a nice job. The whole team did a great job to keep the Fish from coming all the way back in both games.

Griffey012
04-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Winning the first two on the road is a big deal for any team, but for a team that is trying to grow legs for a winning season and even a possible playoff run, this is huge. Two impressive comebacks. The Reds of the past would have given in on at least on of these games.

Agreed. since when do we get timely base hits?? Not to mention the Fish are always a solid team...pretty excited even though the victory was ugly. C'mon Homer, bring out the brooms.

GIDP
04-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Seeing what Bailey we get will be a bigger sign to me.

mivers176
04-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Agreed. since when do we get timely base hits?? Not to mention the Fish are always a solid team...pretty excited even though the victory was ugly. C'mon Homer, bring out the brooms.

Can't bring out the brooms with a win tonight - its a 4 game series

bgwilly31
04-14-2010, 01:01 PM
i agree. Tonight is a bigger tell than last night. Baily's 2nd appearance.

redsfan_12
04-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Id like to see Homer go 7 innings. The BP needs some rest. I doubt Coco will pitch tonight regardless.

Griffey012
04-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Can't bring out the brooms with a win tonight - its a 4 game series

Why you gotta crush my spirits like that? :confused: Didn't realize it was a 4 gamer.

Altsciguy
04-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Yes tonight is a big game. Easily lose-able by an average teams. If the Reds can win now, winning 4 in a row, 8th game without a break, on the road, after two consecutive extra inning games and the bull pen heavily used, then they will be showing that they are a winning team. We have the raw material it just has to show up. Homer has to pitch, Stubbs has to help out and the rest need to hold on to the improvements they have made in the last week of playing. They will easily talk away a loss tonight but if they suck it up and win again they will be showing that they are an above avg. playoff possible team. Tonight will tell.

RedsATOfreak
04-14-2010, 06:37 PM
I have been thinking about this game tonight all day, this game will show us who and which team will show up after 2 comeback wins and a winning streak. This will show us who will step up and who will stumble around for the season. Cannot wait to sweeeeeeep the fish.

daboof
04-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Seeing what Bailey we get will be a bigger sign to me.

Agreed and well...we saw the result. =/

cbowen2112
04-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Here's to hoping we can win another series tomorrow night. If Harang pitches well again, we have a shot. Go Reds!