PDA

View Full Version : Avengers Assemble

Raisor
04-14-2010, 07:20 PM
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118017689.html?categoryid=13&cs=1&ref=bd_film

Joss Whedon in talks for directing and re-writing script.

:luvu:

The core cast is already set, but Nathan Fillion MUST play Hawkeye.

TRF
04-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Fillion as hawkeye would be awesome.

daboof
04-14-2010, 10:23 PM
2012?! will be interesting to see how they handle Thor.

Johnny Footstool
04-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Geekgasm.

Johnny Footstool
04-15-2010, 12:01 AM

Nope. Not Hawkeye.

Wonder Man.

TheNext44
04-15-2010, 02:28 AM
A bit off topic, but wondering what Whedon fans think of the ABC show "Castle" that stars Fillion?

Will M
04-15-2010, 02:56 AM
A bit off topic, but wondering what Whedon fans think of the ABC show "Castle" that stars Fillion?

I like Nathan Fillion. He was great in Firefly, Dr Horrible & Slither. I have seen Castle once or twice and it didn't do much for me. It seemed too normish.
Now, take this with a grain of salt. The only network TV show I watch is Big Bang Theory.

TRF
04-15-2010, 09:22 AM
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118017689.html?categoryid=13&cs=1&ref=bd_film

Joss Whedon in talks for directing and re-writing script.

:luvu:

BTW, was I the only person that got the Flash Fact: reference? Have you read Brightest Day yet?

Puffy
04-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Here's what we know. Downey, Hemsworth (Thor) and Chris Evans (Captain America) are all set. Edward Norton has said he'd like to play Hulk again (villain??) but he wanted Letterier to direct if at all possible. Scarlett has signed on for more than one picture so we'd have to assume Black Widow would be in this somewhere.

I have not seen Hawkeye mentioned anywhere but have saw that they want Ant-Man, ie Hank Pym in this (but would not give him the origin story that Iron Man, Thor and Cap are getting).

Chip R
04-15-2010, 09:40 AM
http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/mwop/moviefile/2010/04/joss-whedon-to-direct-avengers.php

Johnny Footstool
04-15-2010, 09:42 AM
From the article:

Nathan Fillion - Wonder Man
Former Fireflier Fillion is already playing a smug, full-of-himself celebrity with a heart of gold on Castle, so why not cast him as the safari-jacket-wearing Hollywood actor who's also an ion-powered Avenger?

Dude is stealing my ideas!

Chip R
04-15-2010, 09:47 AM

I like some of Whedon's stuff - Buffy, Dr. Horrible, Firefly/Serenity - and I just recently started watching this show. I like it. It's not The Sopranos quality wise but it's entertaining. I get a kick out of Castle's bulletproof vest that says "writer" on it while all the others say "police." Cracks me up every time.

TRF
04-15-2010, 10:52 AM
http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/mwop/moviefile/2010/04/joss-whedon-to-direct-avengers.php

Their suggestion of Adam Baldwin as Hawkeye is spot on, way better than Fillion. Hawkeye is gruff, tactless and willing to put an arrow through someone's wrist. That's Adam Baldwin.

Mario-Rijo
04-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Their suggestion of Adam Baldwin as Hawkeye is spot on, way better than Fillion. Hawkeye is gruff, tactless and willing to put an arrow through someone's wrist. That's Adam Baldwin.

Agreed, same thing I thought.

Puffy
04-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Can I just say that not only I am pumped for Iron Man 2 next month, but next year within a 6 week span Thor, Captain America and The Green Lantern (filming as we speak in N'Awlins, my favorite city), ummmmmm, like wow!!!

Thats May of 2011......

TRF
04-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Agreed, same thing I thought.

so long as he doesn't wear this outfit:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/overcomebyfumes/Hawkeye2.jpg

Puffy
04-15-2010, 01:35 PM

I got a fifty that says Raisor wears that to bed every night.

Chip R
04-15-2010, 02:17 PM

I'm a little worried about what that is on his left hip. :eek:

TRF
04-15-2010, 03:42 PM
I got a fifty that says Raisor wears that to bed every night.

no bet.

Now i can never unsee that in my mind.

Puffy
04-15-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm a little worried about what that is on his left hip. :eek:

That must be for Amanda :beerme:

TRF
04-16-2010, 11:34 AM
That must be for Amanda :beerme:

that was so very wrong.

BoxingRed
04-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Count me as a bit skeptical. X-men worked because you had mostly unknowns in the main roles. With Robert Downey, Sam Jackson and, maybe, Ed Norton already lined up, how in the world are they going to get enough screen time for everyone? Think about how Spidey 3 suffered from too many villains, now imagine what too many heroes might bring.
I'd love for this to be great and I like Joss, but it's going to take a grand effort to make Avengers work in a 2-3 hour format.

Johnny Footstool
04-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Count me as a bit skeptical. X-men worked because you had mostly unknowns in the main roles. With Robert Downey, Sam Jackson and, maybe, Ed Norton already lined up, how in the world are they going to get enough screen time for everyone? Think about how Spidey 3 suffered from too many villains, now imagine what too many heroes might bring.
I'd love for this to be great and I like Joss, but it's going to take a grand effort to make Avengers work in a 2-3 hour format.

Whedon is especially adept at balancing a large cast. In "Buffy," "Angel," "Firefly," and "Dollhouse," he managed to let every character have a voice. If anyone can pull off a superhero team movie in 2-3 hours, Whedon is the man.

Hoosier Red
04-16-2010, 01:11 PM

I was sort of surprised to see Hugh Jackman hadn't done anything prior to X-Men. Still it had Halle Berry, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellar and Rebecca Romaijn not exactly chumps in the cast.

*Posterisk* Has anyone else noticed when you look at an actor on imdb.com it brings up their worst movie so much of the time?
For example, if you type in Hugh Jackman, it gives you results Actor: The Prestige(2006) I can't imagine anyone trying to think of Hugh Jackman who says, "ya know, australian, big guy, he was in the Prestige?"

Back on topic. I think Whedon will do a fantastic job given the storylines.

Mario-Rijo
04-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Can I just say that not only I am pumped for Iron Man 2 next month, but next year within a 6 week span Thor, Captain America and The Green Lantern (filming as we speak in N'Awlins, my favorite city), ummmmmm, like wow!!!

Thats May of 2011......

Green Lantern too, sweet. I still hold out hope for a Power Man and Iron Fist movie and of course a good version of Flash.

Raisor
04-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Green Lantern too, sweet. I still hold out hope for a Power Man and Iron Fist movie and of course a good version of Flash.

Flash is in script stage right now. The rights to Iron Fist just reverted to Marvel.

TRF
04-19-2010, 01:09 PM
It can't be speed of sound Flash. I want him vibrating through walls, touching the edge of the speed force. And it needs to be Wally and not Barry. Wally was a much better Flash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIn9IaUUeco

Mario-Rijo
04-20-2010, 01:19 AM
Flash is in script stage right now. The rights to Iron Fist just reverted to Marvel.

Nice, thanks for the info.

Puffy
04-20-2010, 11:16 AM
By the way, the Ant-Man movie is looking like a go (according to Stan Lee)

The person who has already agreed to direct........Edgar Wright from Shaun of the Dead fame. Score.

Razor Shines
04-29-2010, 08:16 AM
Not sure where to put this, but this seems an ok place for it. It's pretty funny.
http://a5.video3.blip.tv/0250002577612/RoosterTeeth-RvBPSAShellheadsNEW484.mp4?bri=2.3&brs=1674

Scrap Irony
04-29-2010, 04:11 PM
The comic book geek in me is seriously pumped about this movie, not to mention Iron Man 2, Captain America (about time!), and Thor.

But Green Lantern is perhaps more exciting for me. A Justice League (or, even better, Justice Society) movie would be... I just don't have the words.

A JSA movie with Jay Garrick, The Spectre, Alan Scott, Dr. Fate, Sandman, the Atom, et al taking on Hitler, the Nazi army, and the 1945 Axis villains would be beyond cool.

I'd settle for Golden Age, the greatest comic book story of all time.

WVRed
05-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Just saw something where Hugo Weaving was cast to play the Red Skull in the Captain America movie.

I loved Weaving in V for Vendetta, can't wait to see this one.

Mario-Rijo
05-10-2010, 06:58 AM
Just saw something where Hugo Weaving was cast to play the Red Skull in the Captain America movie.

I loved Weaving in V for Vendetta, can't wait to see this one.

Ooh, good choice he's definitely a quality villian.

Eric_the_Red
07-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Mark Ruffalo is the new Hulk (or Bruce Banner, actually) and Jeremy Renner has been cast as Hawkeye. Robert Downey Jr will be back as Stark.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/samuel-l-jackson-announces-avengers-cast-ap

savafan
05-02-2012, 01:50 PM
I got to see a special sneak preview of The Avengers last night at Springdale. The movie was amazing. Perhaps the best "superhero" movie ever. (Nolan's Batman films are better movies, but this is a better comic book movie). Every character had sufficient screen time, and the script really works everyone well off of each other.

MikeThierry
05-03-2012, 01:00 PM
I got to see a special sneak preview of The Avengers last night at Springdale. The movie was amazing. Perhaps the best "superhero" movie ever. (Nolan's Batman films are better movies, but this is a better comic book movie). Every character had sufficient screen time, and the script really works everyone well off of each other.

That's good to hear. I'm pumped up about this movie.

Here is the review by Ebert. He seems to have a favorable view of the movie:

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120502/REVIEWS/120509997

It's getting a 93% on Rottentomatoes as well.

GAC
05-04-2012, 04:48 AM
Got advanced tickets for me and the boy for tonight. Didn't want to risk a sell-out.

Degenerate39
05-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Saw it at midnight. I think it's the best of the bunch from marvel

Puffy
05-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Two words. Awe. Some.

I don't want to ruin it for anybody.........but the Avengers win.

Degenerate39
05-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Two words. Awe. Some.

I don't want to ruin it for anybody.........but the Avengers win.

Did you stay for the scene during the credits?

Puffy
05-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Did you stay for the scene during the credits?

I did, yes.

RBA
05-04-2012, 09:48 PM
I did, yes.

whoops, i didnt

foxfire123
05-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Have tickets for a late show tomorrow. Hopefully the Cinco de Drinko drunks stay at the bars and don't decide to go to the movies! lol!

Thanks for the heads up about the credits scene.

RedsBaron
05-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Whedon is especially adept at balancing a large cast. In "Buffy," "Angel," "Firefly," and "Dollhouse," he managed to let every character have a voice. If anyone can pull off a superhero team movie in 2-3 hours, Whedon is the man.

Whedon did it. I watched The Avengers today. I thought it was terrific and that Whedon did a good job of balancing the cast and giving each main character his/her moments in the film.
Robert Downey, Jr. does dominate every scene he is in IMO, but that mainly because of his talent outshines that of his co-stars.
Some superhero films have bored me. Not this one. It was fun, funny and a hoot. :thumbup:

KittyDuran
05-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Have tickets for a late show tomorrow. Hopefully the Cinco de Drinko drunks stay at the bars and don't decide to go to the movies! lol!

Thanks for the heads up about the credits scene.

There is actually two after credits scenes... One right after what I call the "main" credits, then another after the final credits.

KittyDuran
05-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Just got back from seeing it, not in IMAX which was sold out but in just 3D. The 2.5 hours flew by and every Avenger gets a chance to shine. Was most impressed w/Mark Ruffalo. This movie finally IMHO captures the complex nature of Banner/Hulk and not just a Jekyll & Hyde show. The CGI never seemed OTP at all. Oh, and a lot of the LOL humor involves the Hulk.

GAC
05-06-2012, 07:29 AM
I thought it was a very good movie, but IMO not the best of the super hero genre to come out so far. But it's up there. I still think that Batman Begins and the Dark Knight were the tops.

There are some great quotes (lines) from this movie. And I agree with Kitty that the humorous moments were very well played.

Raisor
05-06-2012, 07:29 AM
It was awesome and everything I ever wanted in an Avengers movie. Waited for this for 30 years.

Hulk abo****ly stole every scene he was in.

All hail Joss of the House of Whedon, King of the Nerds!

Degenerate39
05-06-2012, 08:48 AM
"My secret is I'm always angry"

KittyDuran
05-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Getting ready to see it again but this time in 2D. Will give a report if spending the extra $ on 3D is worth it... Will probably go to IMAX next weekend in between Reds games.

KittyDuran
05-06-2012, 03:57 PM
If you want to save some extra $ skip the regular 3D (can't comment on IMAX 3D yet...). Saw it at the Rave in West Chester and apart from some little kids talking constantly in back of me, a much more enjoyable viewing. Of course, the Rave has better audio so I could hear pretty much all the RDJ asides.

KoryMac5
05-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Awesome movie! The wife knows nothing of comics and she loved it as well. 2 hrs and 20 mins flys by and leaves you wanting more.

05-07-2012, 11:23 AM
I liked it. I saw it at a drive in last night.

foxfire123
05-07-2012, 10:43 PM
It was awesome and everything I ever wanted in an Avengers movie. Waited for this for 30 years.

Hulk abo****ly stole every scene he was in.

All hail Joss of the House of Whedon, King of the Nerds!

Agreed!

I LOVED the scene with Hulk and Loki late in the movie. "Puny God..." :lol: And the one with Thor was a classic!

And who ever posted about there being *two* credits scenes, thank you! I would have left after the teaser scene and missed the last bit. :beerme: Simple, but effective.

Joss Whedon is a nerd GOD, not a common king. lol!

We saw it in 2D. So far in my experience with 3-D, non have been worth the extra money. And this proved to me why I have opening weekends. Not so much for kids, but in this case the stinky-guy-overdue-his-yearly-shower. Coupled with the "pleasantness" of BO, he was obnoxiously loud. Next time, I stick to my usual late monday evening movie.

*BaseClogger*
05-08-2012, 02:48 AM
*Posterisk* Has anyone else noticed when you look at an actor on imdb.com it brings up their worst movie so much of the time?
For example, if you type in Hugh Jackman, it gives you results Actor: The Prestige(2006) I can't imagine anyone trying to think of Hugh Jackman who says, "ya know, australian, big guy, he was in the Prestige?"

Since this thread is bumped I figured I'd respond to this--I have also noticed this to be true, but is The Prestige really a good example of what you're saying? It's a terrific film...

GAC
05-08-2012, 04:43 AM
Since this thread is bumped I figured I'd respond to this--I have also noticed this to be true, but is The Prestige really a good example of what you're saying? It's a terrific film...

Loved that flick, and just loaned it to a co-worker who has never seen it. If one wants to list a Jackman stinker, then go with The Fountain. Turned if off after about 30 minutes into it.

RedsBaron
05-08-2012, 07:11 AM
LOVED the scene with Hulk and Loki late in the movie. "Puny God..." :lol:

While I laughed at a lot of scenes in The Avengers, I easily laughed the hardest at that scene. Loved it. :laugh:

LoganBuck
05-08-2012, 07:31 AM
We were busy last week, and didn't get to see the movie. For those that have seen it, is this kid friendly? My boys 7 and 10 want to see this. My kids are ok with superhero movie level violence, AKA Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Spiderman, Superman... Not so much Batman Begins, or the The Dark Knight.

RedsBaron
05-08-2012, 08:19 AM
We were busy last week, and didn't get to see the movie. For those that have seen it, is this kid friendly? My boys 7 and 10 want to see this. My kids are ok with superhero movie level violence, AKA Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Spiderman, Superman... Not so much Batman Begins, or the The Dark Knight.

I regard it to be very kid friendly.

Hoosier Red
05-08-2012, 08:58 AM

I've never seen it, so don't take it as an indictment on the film. Just that of his movies from the last 5-10 years, it's probably among the least well known. Or maybe I just didn't remember it.
:D

WildcatFan
05-08-2012, 10:02 AM
I thought it was a very good movie, but IMO not the best of the super hero genre to come out so far. But it's up there. I still think that Batman Begins and the Dark Knight were the tops.

There are some great quotes (lines) from this movie. And I agree with Kitty that the humorous moments were very well played.

CAUTION: NERD STUFF
I'm a big fan of the Batman movies, but the brilliance of Avengers is that it feels more like a Marvel comic book to me than the Batman movies do. The Dark Knight is more in the vein of The Dark Knight Returns series, which to me is one of the greatest graphic novels ever written, but not so much as a classic serial comic book.

While Nolan's movies are fascinating with some of the most gut-wrenching villains around and great commentary on the hero, I think Whedon brought the fun back to comic book movies while not sacrificing character study.

Long story short, I think I actually prefer Whedon's treatment over Nolan's, but thank goodness we live in a time where we have access to both.

MikeThierry
05-08-2012, 12:59 PM
CAUTION: NERD STUFF
I'm a big fan of the Batman movies, but the brilliance of Avengers is that it feels more like a Marvel comic book to me than the Batman movies do. The Dark Knight is more in the vein of The Dark Knight Returns series, which to me is one of the greatest graphic novels ever written, but not so much as a classic serial comic book.

While Nolan's movies are fascinating with some of the most gut-wrenching villains around and great commentary on the hero, I think Whedon brought the fun back to comic book movies while not sacrificing character study.

Long story short, I think I actually prefer Whedon's treatment over Nolan's, but thank goodness we live in a time where we have access to both.

I've always got the feeling that the Batman movies were a dramatic movies that happened to get it's ideas from a comic book. That isn't bad. I think they are absolutely brilliant and the Dark Knight should have been nominated for an Academy award. It never felt like a comic book movie to me though. Iron Man and other movies feel like comic book movies. I can't wait to see The Avengers.

savafan
05-08-2012, 02:27 PM
I regard it to be very kid friendly.

Very much so, my 4 year old had a blast!

MikeThierry
05-08-2012, 05:56 PM
I just got finished seeing it. Loved it. Excellent action and it was a fun movie to see. I'm not a fan of the Hulk but what they did with him made me like the character. Many funny things involving him.

*BaseClogger*
05-08-2012, 10:48 PM
I've never seen it, so don't take it as an indictment on the film. Just that of his movies from the last 5-10 years, it's probably among the least well known. Or maybe I just didn't remember it.
:D

It's a Chris Nolan flick that made over $100M at the box office. To top it off, he stars in the film, unlike the X-Men movies when he shares the spotlight. Check it out!

*BaseClogger*
05-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Loved that flick, and just loaned it to a co-worker who has never seen it. If one wants to list a Jackman stinker, then go with The Fountain. Turned if off after about 30 minutes into it.

It's... Out there to say the least. Doesn't make it a bad movie though, IMO. Maybe just not your cup of tea?

Johnny Footstool
05-10-2012, 12:43 AM
SPOILER

Okay, not really a spoiler in terms of plot, but was that Anthony Hopkins (Odin) in the park with the Avengers at the end, just before Thor and Loki teleported away to Asgard?
****EDIT**** Nope, it was just Stellan Skarsgard from earlier in the movie. *disappointed*

KittyDuran
05-11-2012, 01:40 PM
OK... saw it yesterday at the IMAX - and the 3D is much better!
The audio was very good as well - heard the noise Loki made after his encounter w/the Hulk! :owned:

LoganBuck
05-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Saw it last night with the boys. We caught a late showing that started at 9:45. My youngest(7) fell asleep during all the arguing on the ship, and could not be roused. He was even snoring. Aside from that, my oldest(10) and I really enjoyed it.

Thanks go to RedsBaron for giving me the "Ok" on the kids.

yab1112
05-12-2012, 09:45 PM
OK... saw it yesterday at the IMAX - and the 3D is much better!
The audio was very good as well - heard the noise Loki made after his encounter w/the Hulk! :owned:

That part was really funny! I saw it Thursday night with a friend who was going for the third time. I thought he was crazy but now that I've seen it I sorta understand where he's coming from..I really want to go see it again.

SPOILER:
Anyone know who the purple-faced evil dude from the first post-credits scene is?

MWM
05-13-2012, 12:59 AM
Oh man, I think I have to accept that I just have no imagination. I went tonight to make my wife happy as she's relly into these movies. I thought it was never going to end and thought about offing myself about halfway through rather than sit through the rest. :eek:

Johnny Footstool
05-13-2012, 01:08 AM
SPOILER:

Yes.

SPOILER:He is an old Marvel Comics villain named Thanos. He is an extremely powerful cosmic entity -- almost on par with Thor's father Odin. His deal is that he's in love with the personification of Death. So in the post-credits scene, when his advisor says, "To deal with them is to court death," he smiles, because that's exactly what he wants to do.

yab1112
05-13-2012, 02:00 AM
Yes.

SPOILER:

Cool. Thanks :thumbup:

Degenerate39
05-21-2012, 09:35 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/553518_413163005390125_100000892870369_1212573_165 0194229_n.jpg

Yachtzee
05-22-2012, 01:01 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/553518_413163005390125_100000892870369_1212573_165 0194229_n.jpg

I hope the Avengers don't like Hotspacho.

Caveat Emperor
05-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Finally saw this last week. Fun movie.

Thor, Iron Man and Captain America kinda steal the show, though.

*BaseClogger*
05-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Finally saw this last week. Fun movie.

Thor, Iron Man and Captain America kinda steal the show, though.

Huh? The Hulk was the best part of the movie for me and many others...

Yachtzee
05-23-2012, 12:07 AM
Huh? The Hulk was the best part of the movie for me and many others...

Hulk had the two biggest laughs in my theater, both scenes involving Asgardians.

RFS62
05-23-2012, 10:04 PM
They finally got the Hulk right. That scene with Loki at the end had me crying.

Totally awesome

Degenerate39
05-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Saw it again tonight. Never caught Hulk saying "puny God" the first time.

Raisor
06-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Oh my goodness.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056109.html

Rocket Raccoon is going to be on the big screen.

Rocket. Raccoon.

and GROOT~!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.deviantart.com/download/205672010/rocket_raccoon_and_groot_by_skottieyoung-d3eg9je.jpg&imgrefurl=http://skottieyoung.deviantart.com/art/Rocket-Raccoon-and-Groot-205672010&usg=__rplyxAtnKH7CWQUvWc6Y27jMQeM=&h=770&w=509&sz=540&hl=en&start=1&zoom=1&tbnid=LSj-cOxGIJsehM:&tbnh=142&tbnw=94&ei=7RLvT5qFDOSV6QG7yIWaBg&prev=/images%3Fq%3Drocket%2Braccoon%2Band%2Bgroot%26hl%3 Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DX%26rlz%3D1T4ACGW_enUS341U S341%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1

Puffy
07-23-2013, 01:44 PM
The Avengers: Age of Ultron. No Hank Pym though.

Discuss.......

KittyDuran
07-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Talk out of SDCC was split between those excited for Ultron and those upset that Thanos wasn't chosen (even though he was featured as an end credit of The Avengers). My thoughts are meh... I'm more interested in the Avengers themselves and how they'll work together (first movie just scratched the surface). It will be interesting to see how well the buildup will be with the other movies coming out before. Can lightning strike twice for Marvel?

Johnny Footstool
07-24-2013, 10:49 AM

Discuss.......

I loved Hank Pym (his characterization in the "Avengers Assemble" cartoon was great), but it would make just as much sense to have Tony Stark build Ultron.

Vin Diesel as Vision? He's good at voicing robots, especially ones with limited emotional range/acting ability.

Puffy
07-24-2013, 11:08 AM
I loved Hank Pym (his characterization in the "Avengers Assemble" cartoon was great), but it would make just as much sense to have Tony Stark build Ultron.

Vin Diesel as Vision? He's good at voicing robots, especially ones with limited emotional range/acting ability.

Diesel has not been confirmed yet. His tweets seem to be cryptic and about a love story - - Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy maybe?

I am also glad they are not using Pym yet - let Edgar Wright do movie his way in Phase 3 and then Ant-Man/Giant-Man is in universe.

Degenerate39
07-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Diesel has not been confirmed yet. His tweets seem to be cryptic and about a love story - - Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy maybe?

I am also glad they are not using Pym yet - let Edgar Wright do movie his way in Phase 3 and then Ant-Man/Giant-Man is in universe.

If Pym isn't going to be in Phase 2 how does Ultron come into being?

Raisor
07-26-2013, 12:59 PM

Discuss.......

Not sure i believe Joss about Hank.
Edgar Wright's Ant Man is being released in 2015 also

Raisor
07-26-2013, 01:02 PM
If Pym isn't going to be in Phase 2 how does Ultron come into being?

Tony Stark messes around with IA. J.A.R.V.I.S morphs into Ultron. Paul Bettany gets bigger role.

Raisor
07-28-2013, 03:05 PM
You are all worthless fanboys for not being hyped about Groot (who is a freaking tree) and Rocket Raccoon (a raccoon. With guns) coming to a multiplex near you next year.

Degenerate39
07-28-2013, 04:13 PM
You are all worthless fanboys for not being hyped about Groot (who is a freaking tree) and Rocket Raccoon (a raccoon. With guns) coming to a multiplex near you next year.

I had never even heard of GOTG till they announced the movie. Granted I'm more of a DC fanboy.

Raisor
07-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Groot is a sentient tree that is killed quite often, but as long as a small bit of him remains he can grow.
He's super intelligent. He was in one of the first journey into mystery issues that featured Thor.
Catchphrase: I am Groot!

Rocket Raccon: a raccoon. With space guns.

Degenerate39
07-28-2013, 04:57 PM
I see you Rocket Racoon and raise you:

Green Lantern Squirrel

http://www.placesandpredators.com/52/GL16e.jpg

Raisor
07-28-2013, 10:23 PM
G'ort is the best green lantern.

marcshoe
07-28-2013, 10:31 PM
G'ort is the best green lantern.

better than Mogo?

Raisor
07-30-2013, 02:55 AM
better than Mogo?

Good point about Mogo

BluegrassRedleg
07-30-2013, 05:28 AM
AvX blockbuster... Dare to dream? :)

Degenerate39
07-30-2013, 05:34 PM
AvX blockbuster... Dare to dream? :)

Marvel Studios doesnt own the rights to X-Men unforunately

Raisor
07-30-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm still demanding a Luke Cage/Iron Fist weekly show

Degenerate39
07-31-2013, 07:00 AM
There were rumors that The Rock would be playing Luke Cage eventually

Raisor
07-31-2013, 07:34 AM
There were rumors that The Rock would be playing Luke Cage eventually

As much as I like The Rock, he's not Luke Cage.

Raisor
08-17-2013, 08:58 AM
Vin Diesel will be voicing Groot.

He should be able to record all his lines in about five minutes, as there are only so many ways to say "I AM GROOT!!"

No word yet on Rocket Raccoon.

Degenerate39
08-19-2013, 07:30 AM
Vin Diesel will be voicing Groot.

He should be able to record all his lines in about five minutes, as there are only so many ways to say "I AM GROOT!!"

No word yet on Rocket Raccoon.

Rumor is Simon Pegg

NebraskaRed
08-29-2013, 12:48 PM
http://www.avclub.com/articles/james-spader-is-ultron-in-the-avengers-sequel-will,102255/

Not the first name I thought of to voice Ultron, but I'll keep an open mind.

Raisor
08-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Rumor is Simon Pegg

Looks like its going to be Bradly Cooper