PDA

View Full Version : Reds Promotional Idea

LeDoux
04-19-2010, 03:44 PM
What if, at the end of the season, when two mathmatically eliminated teams play one another, they hold a drawing from those that purchased tickets throughout the season to have a real major league at bat. Only 1 AB per game/contestant. I know a few roster rules would need to be tweeked... Would you like to see Stan the mechanic get a shot at MLB pitching? I think it would add an element of interest to a meaningless match up.

Just an idea.

TC81190
04-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Would make a joke of the sport, not to mention the liability of having a civilian getting hit by a pitch or something else of that nature.

I'll pass.

muddie
04-19-2010, 04:35 PM
The joke would occur when the town drunk parked one of Harang's fastballs in the cheap seats.

1990REDS
04-19-2010, 05:02 PM
The joke would occur when the town drunk parked one of Harang's fastballs in the cheap seats.

haha. I was thinkin the same thing when i read the first post.

mroby85
04-19-2010, 06:15 PM
I would be in favor of it, but like TC said, it would make a joke out of the game, and MLB would never go for it. They continually try to market their games/mathups meaningless or not until the end of the season, and I doubt the reward from a promotion like that would outweigh the cost to baseballs reputation, and professionalism.

davereds24
04-19-2010, 06:50 PM

lmao

A+

redsfanmia
04-19-2010, 07:28 PM

Yeah because I am sure someone off the street would do that.

Trace's Daddy
04-19-2010, 09:04 PM
What if the winner was allowed to make the line up card for the Reds? It would make a meaningless game a little more interesting.

nineworldseries
04-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Dusty Baker + dunk tank = profit$

LeDoux
04-19-2010, 10:26 PM
I would be in favor of it, but like TC said, it would make a joke out of the game, and MLB would never go for it. They continually try to market their games/mathups meaningless or not until the end of the season, and I doubt the reward from a promotion like that would outweigh the cost to baseballs reputation, and professionalism.

Some part of me agrees with you, but mostly I see this kind of gimmick as an "old school" promotion; like an Eddie GaeDel AB. Besides, didn't the DH already do most of the damage?

ian_madden
04-19-2010, 10:45 PM
What if they had a game of pepper at the 7th inning stretch. it could be like the halftime show in a basketball game.

LeDoux
04-19-2010, 11:15 PM
What if they had a game of pepper at the 7th inning stretch. it could be like the halftime show in a basketball game.

If you saw what Toronto does for their 7th inning stretch you would beg for a game of pepper.