PDA

View Full Version : Starting Pitching (

southeastohio
04-20-2010, 10:59 PM
One of these fellas need to pick up the baseball one of this nights and go 7 or 8 inning. Or, heres a novel idea...PITCH A COMPLETE GAME.

It seems like we are using atleast 4 or 5 pitchers every night and that is not the makings for success if we are going to win this division.

Call me old school. But I am tired of endless relief pitching. Where are Sandy Koufax's and Nolan Ryan's of our generation that can pitch NINE.

Griffey012
04-21-2010, 01:02 AM
One of these fellas need to pick up the baseball one of this nights and go 7 or 8 inning. Or, heres a novel idea...PITCH A COMPLETE GAME.

It seems like we are using atleast 4 or 5 pitchers every night and that is not the makings for success if we are going to win this division.

Call me old school. But I am tired of endless relief pitching. Where are Sandy Koufax's and Nolan Ryan's of our generation that can pitch NINE.

They were wiped out with extreme pitch count monitoring, set up men, closers, and babying of pitchers in the minors.

Kingspoint
04-21-2010, 01:04 AM
Welcome, "southeastohio".

You arrive on the scene during a REDS' winning streak, small as it may be.

Rockermann
04-21-2010, 09:17 AM
I thinking the no wins for ANY starter is the team's way of showing Harang that it's nothing personal. :)

ian_madden
04-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Welcome, "southeastohio".

You arrive on the scene during a REDS' winning streak, small as it may be.

2 games is a streak, we just got lucky for the 6th time this year.

Jack Burton
04-22-2010, 12:17 PM

He pitches for the Phillies.