PDA

View Full Version : Mlb tv on the ps3

toledodan
04-22-2010, 10:08 PM
if you who have a ps3 you now can wath MLB TV on it. if you already subscribe to the MLB TV on your pc there is no charge. just finished watching the reds beat the dodgers.

RedsManRick
04-22-2010, 10:12 PM
if you who have a ps3 you now can wath MLB TV on it. if you already subscribe to the MLB TV on your pc there is no charge. just finished watching the reds beat the dodgers.

Woah! No kidding. I just assumed the PS3 browser couldn't handle it. That is excellent news. Thanks for the heads up, Dan.

Jim
04-22-2010, 10:16 PM
At what resolution? Are you getting the HD or SD feed? I'm considering getting a ps3, NetFlix, and MLB.tv

reds1869
04-22-2010, 10:21 PM
Might be time to buy a subscription again!

toledodan
04-22-2010, 10:24 PM
At what resolution? Are you getting the HD or SD feed? I'm considering getting a ps3, NetFlix, and MLB.tv

its a hd feed. not 1080p quality but i was very pleased. i didn't have any lags in the feed.:thumbup:

toledodan
04-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Woah! No kidding. I just assumed the PS3 browser couldn't handle it. That is excellent news. Thanks for the heads up, Dan.

no problem. was watching the game on my labtop and it froze LOL! clicked back into mlb.com and there was an article on it. fired up the ps3 and watching the game within 15 mins. watching the cubs go down in flames as we speak!:thumbup::thumbup: what a night!!!!!!!

RedsManRick
04-22-2010, 10:40 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100421&content_id=9479450&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

hebroncougar
04-23-2010, 01:19 PM
If i'd have known this was coming, I wouldn't have purchased Extra Innings on Directv this year.

GIDP
04-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Man I wish I could put up the cash for it since im so cheap. Sounds awesome.

Razor Shines
04-24-2010, 06:51 AM
It shows the scores of archived games!! Why? I watch most of the Reds games on archive. So on those days after the game starts I avoid the baseball side of Redszone, I don't watch espn or listen to sports radio.

So last night after the wife and kid go to bed I was looking forward to trying out the Reds on the PS3. I was excited to say the least and what was there to ruin my night? Padres 10 - Reds 4, before I even started the game. Booooo.

I did decide to test it out and other than Ol' Toronto Arroyo getting his brains beat in it was pretty good experience watching the game via the PS3. Unfortunately I'll only be able to use it if I can catch the game live.

reds1869
04-27-2010, 09:35 AM
It shows the scores of archived games!! Why? I watch most of the Reds games on archive. So on those days after the game starts I avoid the baseball side of Redszone, I don't watch espn or listen to sports radio.

So last night after the wife and kid go to bed I was looking forward to trying out the Reds on the PS3. I was excited to say the least and what was there to ruin my night? Padres 10 - Reds 4, before I even started the game. Booooo.

I did decide to test it out and other than Ol' Toronto Arroyo getting his brains beat in it was pretty good experience watching the game via the PS3. Unfortunately I'll only be able to use it if I can catch the game live.

If it is the same as last year you can turn scores off on the settings page.

RedsManRick
04-27-2010, 06:03 PM
I just tried it out last night. I found it hung on me a few times, but I've been having that problem on my laptop as well, so it might be a technical issue on their side. This definitely feels like the beginning of an inflection where more and more streaming web content is coming to TV.

I wonder if we'll even be talking about the difference between TVs and Computers (from a content perspective at least) in 10 or 15 years? It's all just going to be content that comes over the pipes (or air) -- much of which is interactive in some way. And perhaps the iPad is just another step in terms of the development of devices which can be used to consume any time of media.

Certainly an interesting time in the world of media!

GIDP
04-27-2010, 06:16 PM
I just tried it out last night. I found it hung on me a few times, but I've been having that problem on my laptop as well, so it might be a technical issue on their side. This definitely feels like the beginning of an inflection where more and more streaming web content is coming to TV.

I wonder if we'll even be talking about the difference between TVs and Computers (from a content perspective at least) in 10 or 15 years? It's all just going to be content that comes over the pipes (or air) -- much of which is interactive in some way. And perhaps the iPad is just another step in terms of the development of devices which can be used to consume any time of media.

Certainly an interesting time in the world of media!

I expect everything to turn to an OnDemand type of system.

Razor Shines
04-27-2010, 07:14 PM
If it is the same as last year you can turn scores off on the settings page.

Yeah you can. I'm just quick to anger I guess.

reds44
04-27-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm gonna have to try this! awesome!

toledodan
04-27-2010, 09:41 PM
mine is down on the PS3! :thumbdown

GIDP
04-28-2010, 12:01 PM
I wish there was trial I could use to test it.

toledodan
04-28-2010, 10:01 PM
seems like they got it back up today. been watching the reds kick some astro butt tonight.:thumbup:

pedro
04-29-2010, 01:47 AM
I hooked my laptop up to my TV with and s-video cable. I have to play the sound through computer speakers but it works like a charm.

huber14
05-03-2010, 04:25 AM
I hooked my laptop up to my TV with and s-video cable. I have to play the sound through computer speakers but it works like a charm.
You could always get one of these and play it through your tv speakers by hooking the other end into your headphone jack. http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Audio-Cable-Splitter-1-Mini/dp/B00004Z5CP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1272875068&sr=1-1

pedro
05-03-2010, 01:52 PM
You could always get one of these and play it through your tv speakers by hooking the other end into your headphone jack. http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Audio-Cable-Splitter-1-Mini/dp/B00004Z5CP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1272875068&sr=1-1

Thanks. That would work but it's not a big deal as the computer speakers are right next to the TV.

reds44
05-11-2010, 06:35 PM
I finally got my PS3 working and I'm watching the game from last night, and it looks amazing. If the live games are as high quality as the archived games, this is going to be awesome.

Razor Shines
05-12-2010, 12:23 AM
I finally got my PS3 working and I'm watching the game from last night, and it looks amazing. If the live games are as high quality as the archived games, this is going to be awesome.

They are, it's one of the greatest things ever.

reds44
05-12-2010, 12:35 AM
They are, it's one of the greatest things ever.
It was amazing. Life is good.

GIDP
05-12-2010, 01:06 AM
So who doesnt have a Ps3 and wants to hook me up with their MLB tv account since they obviously cant use this feature. :)

hebroncougar
05-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Is the picture quality pretty close to HD? If so, next year I'm going this route instead of EI on Directv.