PDA

View Full Version : Good win today....

Kingspoint
04-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Hard to beat a team that's won 8 in a row, especially when your starting pitcher gives up 8 baserunners and 4 runs in 6 innings.

But, the Bullpen gave up only 1 baserunner in 3 innings allowing the team to rally from hehind and pull out the win. You can win a lot of games that way when a bullpen pitches like that and the veterans come through.

Very good win today.

Maldez
04-25-2010, 10:31 PM
What made the win so great is how putrid another loss would have been the way things were going.... and then old Coco almost blew it in the 9th, which would have been the ugliest kind of loss.

Griffey012
04-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Hard to beat a team that's won 8 in a row, especially when your starting pitcher gives up 8 baserunners and 4 runs in 6 innings.

But, the Bullpen gave up only 1 baserunner in 3 innings allowing the team to rally from hehind and pull out the win. You can win a lot of games that way when a bullpen pitches like that and the veterans come through.

Very good win today.

Why can't we be the team that wins 8 in a row sometime? Count is now at 1.

BigPoppa
04-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Why can't we be the team that wins 8 in a row sometime? Count is now at 1.

I truly expect us to reel off 6 or 8 wins in a row before the end of May.

No, I haven't been drinking and yes, I took my pill today. :D

BigPoppa
04-25-2010, 11:09 PM
What made the win so great is how putrid another loss would have been the way things were going.... and then old Coco almost blew it in the 9th, which would have been the ugliest kind of loss.

Is it me or doesn't CoCo "almost blow it in the 9th" about 55% of the time. He makes it "interesting" frequently. Seriously, he can turn games into gut tighteners ...............:pray:

Griffey012
04-25-2010, 11:11 PM

I do too, I feel like it could really happen at anytime, as bad as we have been playing and pulling off some wins. If we can just get the whole team moving together and playing mistake free it can be possible.

Kingspoint
04-25-2010, 11:59 PM
I do too, I feel like it could really happen at anytime, as bad as we have been playing and pulling off some wins. If we can just get the whole team moving together and playing mistake free it can be possible.

We need not one, but two starters to step up and throw out 7+ inning games while giving up 2 runs or less within the time each of them pitches during their rotation turn.

Two starters to step up and get it done with "decent" performances. That's not asking a lot for a pitcher to go 7 innings and give up 2 runs or less.

redsfan_12
04-26-2010, 12:45 AM

I want some of whatever you're on. In all seriousness, I think it could happen too. If we can just get a couple solid outings from starting pitching in a row, anythin could happen.

BigPoppa
04-26-2010, 01:34 AM
Just noticed on the recap where Lincoln pitched a 1-2-3 inning today. That's a potential good sign.

bgwilly31
04-26-2010, 10:21 AM
Reds are staying true to form.

Winning just enough to keep some of us die hards hoping for a change.

mattfeet
04-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Just noticed on the recap where Lincoln pitched a 1-2-3 inning today. That's a potential good sign.

Lincoln, from what Ive seen this season, has been pitching pretty well.

-Matt