PDA

View Full Version : What would it take to get these guys?

vottofan4life
05-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Carlos Quentin?

Homer Bailey, Chris Heisey, Carlos Fisher, and Drew Sutton for Quentin and Tony Pena?

Grady Sizemore?

Homer Bailey, Daniel Dorn, Jeremy Horst and Cody Puckett for Grady Sizemore?

Jose Guillen?

Aaron Harang,Mike Lincoln, Juan Francisco for Jose Guillen and Kyle Farnsworth?

Ben Francisco?

Matt Maloney goes back to Phillies for Francisco?

Nelson Cruz?

Homer Bailey, Chris Heisey, Logan Ondrusek, Carlos Fisher, Juan Francisco for Nelson Cruz and Brandon McCarthy?

Griffey012
05-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Is it just me or was this exact same thread posted about a week ago?

1990REDS
05-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Carlos Quentin?

Homer Bailey, Chris Heisey, Carlos Fisher, and Drew Sutton for Quentin and Tony Pena?

Grady Sizemore?

Jose Guillen?

Aaron Harang,Mike Lincoln, Juan Francisco for Jose Guillen and Kyle Farnsworth?

Ben Francisco?

Matt Maloney goes back to Phillies for Francisco?

Nelson Cruz?

Homer Bailey, Chris Heisey, Logan Ondrusek, Carlos Fisher, Juan Francisco for Nelson Cruz and Brandon McCarthy?

I always thought sizemore was a little overrated.

GIDP
05-08-2010, 12:05 PM
I always thought sizemore was a little overrated.

He had monster seasons in 2005-2008

2009 was still very good just a down year for him.

Id take him in a freaking heartbeat and not care what we gave up. Hes only 27 and under team contract through the 2011 season with a player option for 2012 if hes traded.

10:$5.6M, 11:$7.5M, 12:$8.5M club option ($0.5M buyout)

Hes not making hardly any money either. Of course we would need to find a way to pay for it this year but next year it wont be an issue.

1990REDS
05-08-2010, 12:29 PM
He had monster seasons in 2005-2008

2009 was still very good just a down year for him.

Id take him in a freaking heartbeat and not care what we gave up. Hes only 27 and under team contract through the 2011 season with a player option for 2012 if hes traded.

10:$5.6M, 11:$7.5M, 12:$8.5M club option ($0.5M buyout)

Hes not making hardly any money either. Of course we would need to find a way to pay for it this year but next year it wont be an issue.

Ya i would take him in a heart beat as well, Overrated wasnt the word i was looking for. I just dont like him and i didnt just wanna come out and say it. No reason for not liking him i just dont. Actually i think its because everytime i watch a little bit of a tribe game i have to listen to my wife tell me how attractive he is. I dont think i could listen to her gush over him for 162 games.

GIDP
05-08-2010, 01:09 PM
lol I guess some times you have to bite the bullet

Orodle
05-08-2010, 03:49 PM
these type of trades only happen in video games. Lets give a bunch of average at best players for a good on

Griffey012
05-08-2010, 04:09 PM
these type of trades only happen in video games. Lets give a bunch of average at best players for a good on

Outside of Cruz none of these players are "good" players. Quintin can't stay healthy and isn't great on D. Sizemore has looked below average for a season and so far this year, plus he was injured last season part of the time. Guillen can't play the outfield, he is Adam Dunn esque. Ben Francisco is a backup.

GIDP
05-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Outside of Cruz none of these players are "good" players. Quintin can't stay healthy and isn't great on D. Sizemore has looked below average for a season and so far this year, plus he was injured last season part of the time. Guillen can't play the outfield, he is Adam Dunn esque. Ben Francisco is a backup.

How has Sizemore looked below average for a season?

arkimadee
05-08-2010, 05:26 PM
I don't think my old Little League team would take Carlos Fisher in a trade.

goreds2
05-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Word up is that Lance Berkman is willing to entertain going to another team.

UPRedsFan
05-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Gomes seems to be coming around. He's got his average up above .260 and he's leading the team in RBI. Plus Fransisco is starting to hit in the minors

I don't think they need to sell the farm for a left fielder right now.

Griffey012
05-08-2010, 10:48 PM
How has Sizemore looked below average for a season?

I was wrong, I skimmed by and didn't research my claims as I usually do. Didn't realize he came back and put together a solid 2nd half last season.

NeilHamburger
05-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Word up is that Lance Berkman is willing to entertain going to another team.

Yep, word in Houston is the Astros are looking to deal a few players. They have come to grips with the fact that Lee is virtually untradeable without eating almost all the contract. Berkman and Oswalt have both been discussed according to the Houston Chronicle.

Here was a blurb on Berkman agreeing to waive his no-trade:

May 6 4:42 PM PT5:42 PM MT6:42 PM CT7:42 PM ET11:42 PM GMT7:42 AM 北京时间4:42 PM MST6:42 PM EST-Berkman would be open to waiving his no-trade clause if the Houston Astros asked him.
Analysis: The slugger, who first made the comments to the Houston Chronicle on Wednesday, reiterated those sentiments Thursday before a game against Arizona. One team said to be interested in his services could be the Chicago White Sox.

I really don't think the Astros trade him in the division though. The Reds would need to vastly overpay for that, and make it not worth it. Also, Berkman began to show signs of slowing last year, and it has continued down so far this year.

RedLakerFan24
05-09-2010, 03:11 AM
Matt Kemp, After the owner made the comments about him he has been struggling, i wonder if he wants a trade or something. I would offer anything for him. Imagine the future with Votto, Kemp, Bruce, wow.

arkimadee
05-09-2010, 03:31 AM
Yep, word in Houston is the Astros are looking to deal a few players. They have come to grips with the fact that Lee is virtually untradeable without eating almost all the contract. Berkman and Oswalt have both been discussed according to the Houston Chronicle.

Here was a blurb on Berkman agreeing to waive his no-trade:

May 6 4:42 PM PT5:42 PM MT6:42 PM CT7:42 PM ET11:42 PM GMT7:42 AM 北京时间4:42 PM MST6:42 PM EST-Berkman would be open to waiving his no-trade clause if the Houston Astros asked him.
Analysis: The slugger, who first made the comments to the Houston Chronicle on Wednesday, reiterated those sentiments Thursday before a game against Arizona. One team said to be interested in his services could be the Chicago White Sox.

I really don't think the Astros trade him in the division though. The Reds would need to vastly overpay for that, and make it not worth it. Also, Berkman began to show signs of slowing last year, and it has continued down so far this year.
The man can sure hit in Great American Ballpark though. Although he would have to play left field because of Votto. I see zero chance of this happening.

GIDP
05-09-2010, 09:11 AM
The man can sure hit in Great American Ballpark though. Although he would have to play left field because of Votto. I see zero chance of this happening.

and he wouldnt get to face reds pitching that has allowed him to hit like a freak in GABP.

BLEEDS
05-09-2010, 11:12 AM

DING! DING!

And even then, sometimes the computer knows they are stupid and declines them!

Since Homer Bailey is struggling, nobody is trading their prospects for him, let alone proven ML-ers.

Grady Sizemore?

Gimme a break! MLB would quash that trade even if Jocketty had naked pictures of Shapiro with a goat and accepted that trade.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Vottomatic
05-10-2010, 05:11 AM
Heck, with these fantasy trade ideas, might as well try and get Jayson Werth from the Phillies since he'll be a FA after the season. He's got a career OBP over .360, hit 36 HR's last year, and is currently tearing it up with nearly a .350 BA. He also has like 66 SB's with only 9 times being caught. Stick him in the leadoff spot and see how we flourish. He's only making $7.5M.