PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Braden perfect game

arkimadee
05-09-2010, 06:43 PM
I have never heard of this guy. I don't own a fantasy team or watch alot of American League baseball but thats one heck of an accomplishment against the Rays. I read that he lost his mother when he was a senior in high school. Congrats to him, only 19 of them in Major League history..

FlyerFanatic
05-09-2010, 06:45 PM
you didnt hear about him yelling at a-rod to get off his mound?

arkimadee
05-09-2010, 06:47 PM
you didnt hear about him yelling at a-rod to get off his mound?
Thats the guy??? wow... Then double Kudos to him for a perfect game and yelling at A-Rod

The Operator
05-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Yea, and then A-Rod said something to the effect of "he can't say anything, he doesn't have enough wins."

Well, A-Rod, he does have a perfect game under his belt. I really don't like A-Rod.

GIDP
05-09-2010, 06:54 PM
How about the Tampa Bay Rays getting double perfectoed in less than a year.

The Operator
05-09-2010, 07:01 PM
How about the Tampa Bay Rays getting double perfectoed in less than a year.
Quite the dubious achievement, no doubt.

It's probably easier to swallow when you're as good as The Rays, though.

Jerome
05-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Announcer: "Well, what can we say?"
Braden: "You ain't got nothin' to say. It was perfect."

I can't imagine Greg Maddux or Randy Johnson or even Matt Belisle saying something like that. Combined with the stupid, stupid over-exaggerated A-rod drama makes this guy a doof to me.

GIDP
05-10-2010, 06:01 PM

I can't imagine Greg Maddux or Randy Johnson or even Matt Belisle saying something like that. Combined with the stupid, stupid over-exaggerated A-rod drama makes this guy a doof to me.

The announcers laughed. The quote singled out sounds stupid but if you see the video its obviously a completely different tone.

nemesis
05-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Yeah that was taken outta context. The fact he did it against the Rays makes it even more impressive. Half their bench could Start here in Cincy...

Jerome
05-11-2010, 12:08 PM
The announcers laughed. The quote singled out sounds stupid but if you see the video its obviously a completely different tone.

Of course they laughed. He could have said, "I eat babies," and they would've laughed. I've watched the video. Same context, tone. I am awesome.

krm1580
05-11-2010, 12:37 PM

Yeah I agree. The dude comes off like a ****** bag to me as well. With the the A-Rod thing, if it was as aggregious an offense as he thought it was, he should have stuck one in his ribs and tell him if it happens again the next one would be in his earhole. Instead he pulled the old soil my diaper routine and wound up looking like as big an A-hold as A-Rod, and lets face it, that is not easy to do.