PDA

View Full Version : With no days off until June 3rd, it's time to get rid of Cairo...

Kingspoint
05-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Either bring up a 3rd Catcher from AAA (Miller .954 OPS) so Hanigan can be used as a Pinch-hitter all the time when he's not starting (or Hernandez when he's not starting), or a Relief Pitcher since we seem to be in so many close games and Dusty needs his Relievers.

With no days off until June 3rd, our Relievers are going to get taxed. So, why not give Dusty the help right now if they don't want a 3rd Catcher (so we can take advantage of Hanigan's bat and Hernandez' bat on the bench....can't be wasting it with Cairo)?

Del Rosario looks like he's ready for the Majors right now.

He flew through 3 levels last season. He's 24 right now, and having no problem with the AAA hitters again this season.

stevekun
05-10-2010, 06:55 PM
I agree with getting rid of Cairo but we do have days off. We have this thursday off for example.

kfm
05-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Either bring up a 3rd Catcher from AAA (Miller .954 OPS) so Hanigan can be used as a Pinch-hitter all the time when he's not starting (or Hernandez when he's not starting), or a Relief Pitcher since we seem to be in so many close games and Dusty needs his Relievers.

With no days off until June 3rd, our Relievers are going to get taxed. So, why not give Dusty the help right now if they don't want a 3rd Catcher (so we can take advantage of Hanigan's bat and Hernandez' bat on the bench....can't be wasting it with Cairo)?

Del Rosario looks like he's ready for the Majors right now.

He flew through 3 levels last season. He's 24 right now, and having no problem with the AAA hitters again this season.

I have to admit, I do wonder about the usefullness of Cairo on this team. Dusty is obviously hesistant to use either Hanigan or Hernandez when they are on the bench so maybe someone like Wilkin Castillo would be more valuable on the team than Cairo. It would certainly give Dusty more freedom and he would not feel the need to save the catcher like he does right now.

Kingspoint
05-10-2010, 07:59 PM
I agree with getting rid of Cairo but we do have days off. We have this thursday off for example.

I missed that. But, after that, there's not one until June 3rd. So, this Thursday would be a good time to get rid of Cairo.

Kingspoint
05-10-2010, 08:00 PM
I have to admit, I do wonder about the usefullness of Cairo on this team. Dusty is obviously hesistant to use either Hanigan or Hernandez when they are on the bench so maybe someone like Wilkin Castillo would be more valuable on the team than Cairo. It would certainly give Dusty more freedom and he would not feel the need to save the catcher like he does right now.

Though Corky Miller is hitting lights out, even Wilkin Castillo would be better. Plus, as an ex-Cub, isn't that the only reason why we have him....for Dusty?

davereds24
05-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Castillo will be up when Chapman comes up. Until then enjoy Cairo, he will probably even get a start sometime in the 3 week stretch for Votto.

Kingspoint
05-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Castillo will be up when Chapman comes up. Until then enjoy Cairo, he will probably even get a start sometime in the 3 week stretch for Votto.

I forgot about the language thing. What about Corky Miller?

bgwilly31
05-11-2010, 11:02 AM
I would rather have seen a young up and comer on the team over cairo. But at the same time i see that the young guys need AB's that they wouldnt get riding the pine like cairo has.

But sheesh the guy has been utterly useless.

corwinator3407
05-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Cairo has been awful, I agree. Don't know who to replace him with though.

Jack Burton
05-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Cairo is another on the long list of stupid decisions made by our manager.

1990REDS
05-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Cairo has been awful, I agree. Don't know who to replace him with though.

I noticed in your sig you have your 09 and 10 attendance record and to be honest im not sure if i want you attending games anymore.;)

kfm
05-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Cairo is another on the long list of stupid decisions made by our manager.

Im not crazy about Cairo, but having said that who should they have as the 25th man on the team. I would probably prefer Wilkin Castillo because of his versatility. Since you have such a strong opinion as to this organizational decision, I am assuming you had a player in mind who should have made the team instead of Cairo.

Kingspoint
05-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Im not crazy about Cairo, but having said that who should they have as the 25th man on the team. I would probably prefer Wilkin Castillo because of his versatility. Since you have such a strong opinion as to this organizational decision, I am assuming you had a player in mind who should have made the team instead of Cairo.

I agree with you about Castillo. He allows Hernandez to be the 2nd 1st Baseman and allows Hanigan and Hernandez to be used as pinch-hitters, instead of sitting at the end of the bench for "emergencies".

KySteveH
05-13-2010, 06:08 PM
I forgot about the language thing. What about Corky Miller?
What about Ramon Hernandez?

1990REDS
05-13-2010, 07:17 PM

I think theres several guys on the team that speak spanish.

Mark T
05-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Wasn't it Jocketty who wanted Cairo on the team due to his leadership qualities and history with winning teams? Maybe I should not believe things I read.

TC81190
05-13-2010, 10:12 PM
I think that question was posed in regards to who would catch Chapman in AAA if we called up Castillo now. He wouldn't have a Spanish speaking catcher down there if they did that right now.

As for Cairo, sure I wish they could have a better player on the roster, but it's not like he's dragging down the team by getting a lot of playing time. He's just kind of sitting at the end of the bench.

The Voice of IH
05-13-2010, 10:27 PM
unless Cario is producing inside the club house (which is possible) I don't think Heisey will be the one who is losing his job when Dickerson comes back

1990REDS
05-13-2010, 10:35 PM
unless Cario is producing inside the club house (which is possible) I don't think Heisey will be the one who is losing his job when Dickerson comes back

not sure if they wanna keep 6 outfielders.

The Voice of IH
05-14-2010, 09:59 AM
good point, but what if there 6 productive outfielders?