PDA

View Full Version : FSN Pittsburgh Broadcast...

mroby85
05-12-2010, 03:27 PM
I was watching the game streamed from the fsn pittsburgh broadcast, and the announcers were griping about the Reds players being arrogant, and showing up their opponents. They said they didn't appreciate Cueto pitching inside last night to begin with, and then he legged out an infield single and that really bothered them how slow he went around the bases slowing heisey up. Just thought i'd pass this along in case anyone didn't hear it, It was pretty annoying to hear them griping about cueto pitching inside, never really giving him credit for the game he pitched, just talking about pittsburgh chasing bad pitches all night.

GIDP
05-12-2010, 03:29 PM
When you have to announce the Pirates you dont get to see very many good highlights so their judgement on what show boating is is probably a little out of date.

mattfeet
05-12-2010, 03:35 PM
I was watching the game streamed from the fsn pittsburgh broadcast, and the announcers were griping about the Reds players being arrogant, and showing up their opponents. They said they didn't appreciate Cueto pitching inside last night to begin with, and then he legged out an infield single and that really bothered them how slow he went around the bases slowing heisey up. Just thought i'd pass this along in case anyone didn't hear it, It was pretty annoying to hear them griping about cueto pitching inside, never really giving him credit for the game he pitched, just talking about pittsburgh chasing bad pitches all night.

People will always have something to complain about. It's a fact of life. They're just arrogant people who can't appreciate an extremely well pitched game. If Cueto/Bailey pitch like that from here on out, I dont care if it takes them an hour to run the bases. If Zach dude shut us out today, you'd better believe they'd have holes in the knees of their pants singin' his praises...

-Matt

1990REDS
05-12-2010, 04:16 PM

If you had to watch 162 pirates games youd prolly have a negative attitude as well:) I know i would.

redsfan_12
05-12-2010, 04:33 PM
I hate those announcers from Pittsburgh. With FS Pittsburgh being my local Fox Sports, sometimes I'm stuck with being forced to listen to them. I cant stand it.

arkimadee
05-12-2010, 06:37 PM
I heard them talking trash about Phillips too in the first inning talking about how arrogant he was. Wasn't Bob Walk one of the guys that cost the Pirates the NCLS in 1992?

mroby85
05-12-2010, 06:43 PM
I thought it was ironic after the talk of the Reds being known for showing up other teams the next commercial shown was the 1991 HR by Barry Bonds off St. Louis, where he stands back and points both hands in the air, lol.

BurgervilleBuck
05-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Maybe they're just sustaining the meme about the Reds being one of the most hated teams.:confused:

Vottomatic
05-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Let's see........including yesterday's game, but not today's game........Pittsburgh is dead last in the NL in e.r.a. and 2nd to last in team batting average.

What is there to be excited about in Pittsburgh?

sabometrics
05-13-2010, 04:57 PM
I can't really say I blame them, and anytime I'm watching/listening to a cast that's done by out of town announcers I don't expect for them to be another town's version of George Grande, acting pleasantly towards every team/player.

mroby85
05-13-2010, 08:31 PM
I can't really say I blame them, and anytime I'm watching/listening to a cast that's done by out of town announcers I don't expect for them to be another town's version of George Grande, acting pleasantly towards every team/player.

I don't mind if they aren't suzy sunshine, and have negative things to say, That's what I like about Marty and Thom, but have a legitimate complaint instead of just whining about things that have nothing to do with the game because they're losing. They couldve had plenty of legitimate things to be negative about like all their players swinging at first pitches, and letting someone throw a complete game on 90 pitches. Or getting 1 hit one night, and 3 hits the next night, or scoring 1 run in a 3 game series... just sayin.

mlh1981
05-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Pirates baseball.........just a time killer until the black and gold *%()#$ start up training camp.

The Voice of IH
05-14-2010, 02:43 PM
I made connect with a few pirate friends of mine and they honestly have no idea what you guys are talking about. one said that Pitt announcers raved about Cueto. so, who to believe...:rolleyes:

mroby85
05-14-2010, 02:46 PM
I made connect with a few pirate friends of mine and they honestly have no idea what you guys are talking about. one said that Pitt announcers raved about Cueto. so, who to believe...:rolleyes:

It was on FSN Pittsburgh on the Wednesday afternoon game, I watched it streamed from the link that was posted on redszone. I can promise you the things I posted were said, and i haven't exaggerated or made any of them up, lol. It's not a big deal, but it's true.

mattfeet
05-14-2010, 04:08 PM
"Last edited by ochre; 05-12-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: replaced objectionable word"

Oh give me a break.... :rolleyes:

Reds
05-14-2010, 04:20 PM
It was said.

They said something to the effect that Reds players "over the years" have had a tendency to be a bit arrogant and mentioned that Cueto could run to first, to leg out a single, but how when it was time for him to run home on the HR ball he walked home and was caught by the batter.

I'm thinking -- he's a pitcher.. he had a great game going he isn't required to run as fast as he can around the bases right before he goes back out to pitch. I'm not surprised, or offended in any way by the comment though, just an opinion.