PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Seeing Jimmy Buffett May 17 ?

goreds2
05-13-2010, 12:20 PM
I will be seeing my 35th Jimmy Buffett concert this year. He is playing at River Bend Music Center on May 17. I always go to a tailgate party a college alumni friend sets up each year.

We may also go see the Reds play the Brewers Tuesday afternoon.

Razor Shines
05-14-2010, 06:25 AM
You've seen Jimmy Buffett 34 times this year?

goreds2
05-14-2010, 11:45 AM

Yeah, all my brain cells are gone.

goreds2
05-15-2010, 09:56 AM

I have missed him one year since 1984.

RBA
05-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Okay, I think what you are saying is this year will be the 35th time you will have seen his concert. You did not see all 34 concerts in 2010 Correct?

goreds2
05-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Correct. ( :help: )

I am departing today to Cincy to get "settled in" before the show tomorrow night. I can't get to the Reds game today but hope to on Tuesday.

PedroBourbon
05-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Saw Buffett at Riverbend in 1992. There must have been 100+ people passed out in the parking lot HOURS before the show. Probably didn't even have tickets, just there for the atmosphere I guess! :beerme:

HoosierRedsFan
05-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Skipping Cincy this year but wanted to tell everyone going to have fun. Saw the show Saturday and later this year heading to Alpine and Chicago to see him.

goreds2
05-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Skipping Cincy this year but wanted to tell everyone going to have fun. Saw the show Saturday and later this year heading to Alpine and Chicago to see him. A great time was had by all. My college alumni buddy had his tailgate party across the street from the main entrance. :beerme:

redsfanmia
05-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Does anyone go to a Buffet concert for the music or is just for the good time?

HoosierRedsFan
05-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Does anyone go to a Buffet concert for the music or is just for the good time?

I go for both. Love the action in the lot but also love his music

Caseyfan21
05-19-2010, 08:50 PM
I love his music as well but I don't think his live performance is as good as it used to be. Granted, that is just my opinion from listening to CD's....didn't see him live till last year. I'm planning on going to the Chicago show. Will be there at 9 AM just like last year when the lots open! Always a great time in the lots!

goreds2
05-19-2010, 08:56 PM
I go for both. Love the action in the lot but also love his music

AMEN :thumbup:

kbrake
05-20-2010, 03:53 AM
I have seen him probably 5 times and maybe remember 4 songs total. I like his music but I'm there for the atmosphere.

Razor Shines
05-20-2010, 07:52 AM
I've never been to a Buffett concert and I'm kind of frightened to go. I'm afraid that there will be a lot of old people there wearing (or not wearing) things that I don't want to see them wearing.

RBA
05-20-2010, 08:09 AM
I've never been to a Buffett concert and I'm kind of frightened to go. I'm afraid that there will be a lot of old people there wearing (or not wearing) things that I don't want to see them wearing.

Yeah, I'm afraid of those old people wearing their pants on the ground and their underwear over their clothes. :D

HoosierRedsFan
05-20-2010, 10:17 AM
I love his music as well but I don't think his live performance is as good as it used to be. Granted, that is just my opinion from listening to CD's....didn't see him live till last year. I'm planning on going to the Chicago show. Will be there at 9 AM just like last year when the lots open! Always a great time in the lots!

I'll be at Chicago also! :thumbup:

I think he has changed his music a little. I guess since he's been doing this for 30+ years he tries to change things up a little. Some changes have been good (love the change to One Particular Harbour) but I miss Greg "Fingers" Taylor's harmonica on Son of a Son of a Sailor and A Pirate looks at 40. Also miss Amy Lee's Sax.

I think my one complaint would be I wish he'd drop the covers. To me he has a lot of GREAT material, some I've never heard live, I wish I could hear. I really think its time to drop Brown Eyed Girl and Southern Cross from the setlist, and any other "obscure" covers he's done in recent years like when he did Trippin Billies and/or Yellow Submarine.

HoosierRedsFan
05-20-2010, 10:28 AM

I don't think its the older people you have to worry about, I think its the younger ones who have no idea who Buffett is (only come to the show to drink) or what a Buffett show is about. I'm 33 and I like to "party it up in the lot" as much as anyone but it seems to me the younger ones are the ones that can't control themselves.They like to drink too much/puke/pass out/urinate in the lawn and you hope its not on the back of your leg/start fights which is very unBuffett like. Ok with me when the younger ladies like to "let the girls out" though. :D

Or maybe I am just old!!!!

goreds2
05-20-2010, 11:39 PM
I don't think its the older people you have to worry about, :p:

http://tailgatelot.com/images/stories/jimmy-buffett-tailgate-camper.jpg

redsfanmia
05-21-2010, 04:35 PM
I don't think its the older people you have to worry about, I think its the younger ones who have no idea who Buffett is (only come to the show to drink) or what a Buffett show is about. I'm 33 and I like to "party it up in the lot" as much as anyone but it seems to me the younger ones are the ones that can't control themselves.They like to drink too much/puke/pass out/urinate in the lawn and you hope its not on the back of your leg/start fights which is very unBuffett like. Ok with me when the younger ladies like to "let the girls out" though. :D

Or maybe I am just old!!!!

The younger people destroyed the Dead thing too.