PDA

View Full Version : REDS have gotten in the heads of the Cardinals....

Kingspoint
05-17-2010, 06:33 PM
LaRussa is flip-flopping Holiday and Pujols tonight.

After we intentionally walked Pujols yesterday and then Holiday hit into the DP, perhaps LaRussa had seen enough.

I don't think this move happens if the Cardinals had won yesterday and had a 1-1/2 game lead instead of being behind 1/2 a game.

Last time he didn't bat third?

May 30th, 2003.

KySteveH
05-17-2010, 07:04 PM
LaRussa = Wile E. Coyote.

He makes these moves just to be doing something. The whole deal with batting the pitcher 8th, for example. Makes sense when you have a player with a decent OBP hitting 9th. When you have Brendan Ryan...not too smart. And the pitching changes...random selection would be better.

LaRussa gets credit for being smart because he has a law degree and managed some really talented teams. As much as I am lukewarm to some of Dusty's in-game 'stratergizing', I'll taker him over LaRussa anytime.

Vottomatic
05-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Larussa is way too much of a micromanager to me.

Not saying he's a bad manager. But he's had the luxury of some great players/great teams in his career. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate between how great the roster is, and what in the heck the manager had to do outside of making out the same lineup card every day.

gedred69
05-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Larussa is way too much of a micromanager to me.

Not saying he's a bad manager. But he's had the luxury of some great players/great teams in his career. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate between how great the roster is, and what in the heck the manager had to do outside of making out the same lineup card every day.

LaRussa a micro-manager? How about a megamicro-manager! Didn't Dusty choose twice in the series to walk Pujols to take their chances with Holliday, or was I fantacizing/dreaming?

mlh1981
05-17-2010, 10:47 PM
but he's "cebrebral" and "a great baseball man."

Redeye fly
05-17-2010, 10:52 PM
It's really not that hard to get in the heads of the Cardinals. Years ago when Ohio State beat Miami and the Hurricanes cried about the "bad pass interference call", they earned themselves the name of Cryami.

The Cardinals are the Cryami of major league baseball.

Vottomatic
05-18-2010, 08:27 AM
I hope the Cardinals players and managers whine all season. Melodrama is not a good thing..........and whining is all about excuses.