PDA

View Full Version : Resign Bronson

arkimadee
05-18-2010, 02:21 AM
I hope they do but I have a gut feeling they won't. What do you guys think?

Griffey012
05-18-2010, 07:36 AM
A lot of baseball left for Bronson to pitch this season. If we keep winning and he keeps pitching like Bronson, I think there will be a decent chance, just because he hogs so many innings and gives us so many quality starts. He really is one of the most underrated pitchers in the MLB.

Vottomatic
05-18-2010, 08:16 AM
If we could get him for $10M or less (discount for the team he's been with the longest), I would consider it. I wish it could be $8M. We need an innings eater. And I'm not confident that our minors are as loaded with pitching as others are. Nor am I so confident about Volquez being the same when he comes back.

GIDP
05-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Im concerned about his declining k/9 rate. Id resign the guy but hes not getting

malcontent
05-18-2010, 10:21 AM
In a heartbeat. Arroyo is a huge key to this team. Last year convinced me of his value.

Not to mention I just enjoy watching him pitch.

Girevik
05-18-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm still not so sold on Bronson. He always pitches well in stretches, but he'll always also seem to have a series of games where he goes a month where he can't get out of the 4th inning. I'd like to see some consistency.

Reds
05-18-2010, 01:47 PM
He's a gamer and a #3 pitcher. Paid accordingly, I'd push for a resign.

Vottomatic
05-18-2010, 02:02 PM
When he got Carpal Tunnel, he had to quit playing the guitar. And if you haven't noticed, he's been pitching much better.

nemesis
05-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Why spend $8 to $12 Mil on a number 3 pitcher? The market will probably be decent for him. I could see a franchise like Washington, Detroit or LA Angels offering up at least that, when you have so much young cheap starting pitching in the minors you don't know where to put it all.

Leake
Cueto
Bailey
Volquez
Chapman
Wood
Maloney
LeCure
Klinker
Thompson
Boxberger
Fairel

All near or MLB ready by 2012...

No thanks. Spend that money on Cueto, Volquez and Bailey.

Would you be willing to part with one of the good young pitchers to get 3 years of declining Arroyo? That would be the cost to keep him.