PDA

View Full Version : What would it take to get Hanley Ramirez???

bellhead
05-18-2010, 07:26 PM
His stock is down right now. The managers wants his head. What could we offer and get him...

I think he completes the infield and the lineup. Adds a potential GG and a + bat to the lineup.

I say Wood, Orlando, Alonso...

Would you pull the trigger if it was you???

BLEEDS
05-18-2010, 07:27 PM
In a New York Minute...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

1990REDS
05-18-2010, 07:30 PM
wasnt thier an issue with him and uggla last year? Hes a phenominal player but he seems like a headache. isnt his attitude and work ethic a question every year?

RedLakerFan24
05-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Wood, Alonso, Francisco, Frazier, Cabrera

Orodle
05-18-2010, 08:50 PM
its gunna take young stars that can play now along with prospects......they would be asking for guys like Bruce, Cueto, Bailey, ect

sivman17
05-18-2010, 09:30 PM
wasnt thier an issue with him and uggla last year? Hes a phenominal player but he seems like a headache. isnt his attitude and work ethic a question every year?

He's similar to B Phil in that his hustle and effort are questioned on a regular basis. But boy can he hit the ball.

PhillipsHead
05-18-2010, 09:38 PM
In a word: everything

mroby85
05-18-2010, 09:47 PM
I'd be all over attempting to get him if it was possible by trading prospects like Alonso, or even Chapman. He's locked in at a very affordable long term deal considering his ability and what he brings, and I think he could add a real jolt along with votto in this offense.

Brisco
05-18-2010, 09:50 PM
I dunno... I think I like the fact that the biggest names on our team right now are Votto and probably Rolen... two guys that appear to be excellent role models. If a "bigger" talent comes in with a different attitude, no matter how much talent he has, I get nervous.

I know Baseball is largely about individual achievement, but I believe that have "team first" guys being the leaders has gotta help bring out more from the team as a whole.

When a talented head case comes in, I think the chance of success increases if cannot become the face of the clubhouse. I think the Arod Yankees situation is a useful example. Jeter is the man in that clubhouse (I was just there and the folks told me Jeter more fan mail than the rest o fhte team combined and its not even close). They can bring in an Arod, because even when Jeter slumps, it is still his team.

I imagine if Votto and/or Rolen are slumping and Hanley is cruising, suddenly it will be his opinion that seems to be leading the team on issues and I think that wil cost us. I was a great fan of Griffey and always will be, but his inability to bring out greatness in his teammates held him back.

I know I am not in the clubhouse and this is supposition, but it sure looks like Rolen is bringing out a higher team perfomance that exceeds the benefit of just his playing ability... the famous "intangibles."

I dont wanna risk losing that... not even for Hanley Ramierez. I think it would be like adding Griffey to the 1999 team... again, I love Griffey... but that did not create much in the way of team success.

GIDP
05-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Bruce

nemesis
05-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Cabrera, Alonso, Wood, Yorman, Cozart, Heisey and one or two more pick'em prospects.

BLEEDS
05-19-2010, 01:15 AM
Bruce

You're nuts. No way do I give up Bruce for Ramirez.

Alonso, Heisey, Frazier, Francisco, Dorn, 3-4 pitchers not on the ML roster not named Chapman. You deal from your surplus, which is young pitching and 1B/3B/LF prospects.

But not Bruce, Votto, or even Stubbs. We keep our young core, and add to it the shortstop for the next 5 years, and we start talking about collecting pennants.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Kingspoint
05-19-2010, 02:42 AM
I don't want him for any price.

nemesis
05-19-2010, 05:47 AM

Why?

Lockdwn11
05-19-2010, 07:11 AM
Bruce

It would start there. That is why it isn't going to happen.

lidspinner
05-19-2010, 08:10 AM

finally....a post with some sense. HR makes this team better from day 1 on paper....but I would bet the farm that this team suffers from day 1 if he were dealt here...he is a me first players obviously.....and having the MLB package and watching alot of games, I used to want HR, up til last year....the guy makes BPhil look like Charlie Hustle. I would not take him for no price no matter what.

ALSO, I wonder how many people have seen him play, rather than just seeing his stats in the morning paper? IMHO, he does not get to enough balls and rarely dives or makes plays up the middle, he does not get charged an error but he should get to alot more balls than he does get to.

Kingspoint
05-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Why?

What lidspinner said.