PDA

View Full Version : Mike Lincoln

Fon Duc Tow
05-20-2010, 03:53 PM
He's a good guy to have around.

... If your team is winning by 20 runs but you want to make it "interesting." :thumbdown

How does he still have a job again?

mivers176
05-20-2010, 03:58 PM
this is freaking unbelievable. what happened to him and what happend to Masset? cant hold a 9-1 lead. we're at 9-6 now with bases loaded nobody out. i dont like the smell of it.

Vottomatic
05-20-2010, 04:11 PM
I said on the thread "how to improve this team". We need to bolster the bullpen. It is porous.

Redeye fly
05-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Mike Lincoln is not the problem. The problem is a closer who can't throw strikes except for hittable strikes in the wrong part of the plate.

Redeye fly
05-20-2010, 04:15 PM
That, and Dusty's awful managing of the bullpen today.

Used Lincoln too long? Check

Took his best reliever out of the game after he was the only pitcher to do a thing worth a spit in the inning to bring in a guy who's combustible as heck just because he's your "closer"? Check

The loss wasn't entirely on Dusty today, but a lot of it was.

NorrisHopper30
05-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Mike Lincoln is not the problem. The problem is a closer who can't throw strikes except for hittable strikes in the wrong part of the plate.

You can't bring in a closer with the bases loaded and 1 out..that's not how they operate

winks
05-20-2010, 04:18 PM
I agree its not all on Dusty but a big part of it is. All the errors, not taking ab's seriously b/c they were up. I hope this turns into a positive and they dont take there foot off the other teams throat again

Fon Duc Tow
05-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Why does Lincoln occupy a spot on the roster?

Can't find ANYONE better?

Seriously... how many chances does a guy get?

FlyerFanatic
05-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Why does Lincoln occupy a spot on the roster?

Can't find ANYONE better?

Seriously... how many chances does a guy get?

cairo is a bigger question mark. why wasnt rolen or janish in? what does janish need to do to get more time? DUSTY IS A JOKE. FIRE HIM NOW

Redeye fly
05-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Lincoln was fine for 2 innings. Dusty failed to learn from history and left him in for too long.

Even with that, it wasn't Lincoln's fault that Cabrera couldn't cleanly field a ground ball.

And even to play devil's advocate for Dusty on Lincoln, once again, he was fine for 2 innings.

The biggest sin of the day, even bigger than the errors, was Dusty removing Arthur Rhodes and bringing in a struggling "closer" into the worst possible situation. I don't care who you say is your closer, or even who you pay as your closer. Your closer is the best pitcher in your bullpen. Right now that is Arthur Rhodes by a mile. You don't take out your closer to bring in someone who will napalm bomb a fire.