PDA

View Full Version : Arthur Rhodes Appreciation Thread..

mroby85
05-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Lost in all the mess of the 9th inning, I just wanted to post about what a stud Arthur is, and has been for this team since they've brought him in. Before they blew the game he came in with the bases loaded and K'd Heyward, taking his ERA below a 0.60, and this isn't a small sample size, because he was automatic last year. When he comes in, it's curtains for the other team. He should've finished off the 9th, but thats all in the past, just wanted to give Arthur some props for the work he did before it was blown, along with his work last night in the 8th after a leadoff double. It makes me curious what they do with him in the offseason considering his age, I wouldn't mind a deal that brings him back next season though.

Redeye fly
05-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Arthur's the man. I'm not advocating making him the closer for the rest of the season as a 40 year old pitcher, but he should have closed it out today.

1990REDS
05-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Lost in all the mess of the 9th inning, I just wanted to post about what a stud Arthur is, and has been for this team since they've brought him in. Before they blew the game he came in with the bases loaded and K'd Heyward, taking his ERA below a 0.60, and this isn't a small sample size, because he was automatic last year. When he comes in, it's curtains for the other team. He should've finished off the 9th, but thats all in the past, just wanted to give Arthur some props for the work he did before it was blown, along with his work last night in the 8th after a leadoff double. It makes me curious what they do with him in the offseason considering his age, I wouldn't mind a deal that brings him back next season though.

1000 times agree:thumbup:

mlh1981
05-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Best setup guy going in baseball right now.

goreds2
05-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Best setup guy going in baseball right now.

He should be on the allstar team for sure. Nice job this year and last. I thought I would hop over to the positive thread(s) first. How many Fire Sale threads are there. :p:

Seņor Rojo
05-20-2010, 07:26 PM
You really have to think that Dusty will use him for more than just lefty-lefty match ups. Masset has been less consistent than Rhodes in the 8th inning. Arthur is a veteran and he pitches like one.

Kingspoint
05-21-2010, 02:39 AM
Great signing by Walt.

Griffey012
05-21-2010, 07:22 AM
Great signing by Walt.

Kudos to Walt, Rhodes was coming off a pretty average year where he was great against lefties and bad against righties. Now he is just dominating everybody.

bounty37h
05-21-2010, 12:02 PM

:beerme: Good call Mroby, Rhodes has been a steal!!!

BigPoppa
05-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Big ups to Arthur Lee. I'm a big fan :thumbup:

Knightro28
05-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Ole' Arthur has been nails this year and last. A great signing, and let's hope he keeps it up.

Maker_84
05-22-2010, 01:48 AM
only reliever i ever have faith in

roby
05-23-2010, 12:40 PM
I agree. When it comes to relievers, Arthur is top-of-the-line! :thumbup:

PlugALeake
05-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Arthur is the man. Enough Said