PDA

View Full Version : Im calling it now...

mattfeet
05-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Tomorrow leake goes 8IP, 7K, 1BB, 1ER and gets Win #5.

-Matt

Vottomatic
05-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Way to go out on a limb with us playing Pittsburgh. ;)

mattfeet
05-24-2010, 10:40 PM
Way to go out on a limb with us playing Pittsburgh. ;)

:p:

mroby85
05-24-2010, 11:15 PM
I'll take it! lol

Kingspoint
05-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Tomorrow leake goes 8IP, 7K, 1BB, 1ER and gets Win #5.

-Matt

I agree.

PlugALeake
05-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Sounds good, Lets go Reds!

Reds
05-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Leake is trying to become the first Cincinnati pitcher to start his career 5-0 since Santo Alcala in 1976.

mattfeet
05-25-2010, 08:22 AM
And he already should be...

-Matt

The Voice of IH
05-25-2010, 08:36 AM
I'll take it! lol

And he already should be...

Ditto to both of these:cool:

muddie
05-25-2010, 05:29 PM
You guys are forgetting he'll go 2-4 at the plate also.

I'm still getting over how they blew his last game and cost him a win...

bgwilly31
05-25-2010, 08:27 PM
better not jinx!

webbbj
05-25-2010, 09:12 PM
good call. and its a joke that was an earned run. i know the player has to atleast touch the ball but still on that routine of a play.

Kingspoint
05-25-2010, 09:23 PM
good call. and its a joke that was an earned run. i know the player has to atleast touch the ball but still on that routine of a play.

REDS' scorekeepers have to give Stubbs an error on that.

NeilHamburger
05-25-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm absoluty sick after this game. And outside of Leake they absolutly deserved to lose tonight.

I don't know if i've ever seen a team ever tank a pitcher the way the Reds have tanked Leake these last 2 games. Every single thing they could do to lose these games they've done.

1. Play terrible defense behind him--Check
2. Have a beyond terrible approach at the plate against someone prone to walks--Check
3. Horrible bullpen work--check
4. Not see lazy flyballs--check
5. Be embarassed by Leake's superior hitting--check
6. Play overall uninspired terrible ball--check

Meanwhile, Leake did every thing to win

1. Pitch great--check
2. Get bunts down--check
3. Play great defense with smart throws--check
4. Have solid at bats leading to hits--check

The reds have done everything possible to lose these last two games. If I'm Leake I'm saying enough with the hazing. I truly believe the Reds AA team would've won behind Leake tonight.

The Operator
05-25-2010, 10:53 PM
The dude should be 6-0 right now. Unbelievable.

Also noteworthy, this is the second time in less than a week that Dusty has pulled a rolling Arthur Rhodes from a game, only to bring in a pitcher who promptly gives up a game-winning home run. He's really pushing all the wrong buttons right now.

webbbj
05-25-2010, 11:11 PM
The dude should be 6-0 right now. Unbelievable.

Also noteworthy, this is the second time in less than a week that Dusty has pulled a rolling Arthur Rhodes from a game, only to bring in a pitcher who promptly gives up a game-winning home run. He's really pushing all the wrong buttons right now.

for real. its not like the guy cant get righties out he has a great BA against against righties

mattfeet
05-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Wow, I was pretty close with my guess! Leake is simply outstanding.

-Matt

KySteveH
05-26-2010, 04:56 PM
REDS' scorekeepers have to give Stubbs an error on that.

Why does it matter? Do the Reds get an extra team win if Mike Leake's ERA is 3.8 rather than 3.9, or he goes 6-0 rather than 5-1?

The statistics are defined as they are defined, for better or worse. You much take into account bad and good luck when evaluating a player by his stats.

Kingspoint
05-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Why does it matter? Do the Reds get an extra team win if Mike Leake's ERA is 3.8 rather than 3.9, or he goes 6-0 rather than 5-1?

The statistics are defined as they are defined, for better or worse. You much take into account bad and good luck when evaluating a player by his stats.

It matters because things should be done right.

Just like you should make your bed when you get up in the morning and you should brush your teeth and you should be kind to your neighbors, etc.

It matters because it's the right thing to do.

KySteveH
05-26-2010, 07:02 PM
It matters because things should be done right.

Just like you should make your bed when you get up in the morning and you should brush your teeth and you should be kind to your neighbors, etc.

It matters because it's the right thing to do.

Errors are defined in the MLB rulebook, just as the conditions for a pitcher to receive a win. Why would the scorekeeper giving an error to Stubbs, when the rule says otherwise, be "the right thing to do?"

Same with saying it's not fair that Leake gets charged an earned run. I'm sure every pitcher could point to several plays that happen behind him that could have been made or should have been made. If you are a Reds fan, the only thing you should really care about is the run that scored, not how to assign the blame for that run.

Kingspoint
05-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Errors are defined in the MLB rulebook, just as the conditions for a pitcher to receive a win. Why would the scorekeeper giving an error to Stubbs, when the rule says otherwise, be "the right thing to do?"

Nobody ignores "the rules" of baseball more than scorekeepers.