PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Has Picked Up Reds/Cardinals Game

jhc2010
05-27-2010, 02:41 AM
ESPN HD has picked up the Reds @ Cardinals game on Wednesday, June 2 at 8:15 PM. It's great to see the Reds getting some national exposure and respect.

I believe the game will be blacked out on ESPN in the Reds TV market, but the rest of the country will enjoy this one while we are watching on FS Ohio.

sabometrics
05-27-2010, 02:45 AM
By my calculations the probable pitchers will be Carpenter vs. whoever we call up to replace Homer.

NorrisHopper30
05-27-2010, 02:48 AM
I say bring up Aroldis.

redsfan_12
05-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Nice to see us finally getting some exposure. However, It really pisses me off that they black us out here in WV, especially for a road game. If we ever get a chance to play on Sunday night baseball, I will blow a gasket LOL

RyanC119
05-27-2010, 09:15 AM
This is great news...I never see them here in Tenn. so it will be nice to get them on ESPN that night!

GIDP
05-27-2010, 09:16 AM
I say bring up Aroldis.

better have micah owings ready to take over in the 4th inning when Chapman goes 130 pitches through 3.

bounty37h
05-27-2010, 09:33 AM
This is great news...I never see them here in Tenn. so it will be nice to get them on ESPN that night!

Do you get fox sports Tenn, I get it here in NC and have been watching a few games here and there when they dont black them out. I was excited to find I get that station a couple weeks ago.

GIDP
05-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Cool I hope they talk about the Reds during the game instead of how awesome the Cardinals are, and how the Cubs are hot on their heals for the Central title.

blark11
05-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Definitely good exposure. Will be interesting to see who gets the call to pitch.

RyanC119
05-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Do you get fox sports Tenn, I get it here in NC and have been watching a few games here and there when they dont black them out. I was excited to find I get that station a couple weeks ago.

Where I am right now (Middle TN), I get FSTENN but the Cardinals and the Braves get top priority. Braves were on the road last night and got the show. There's a huge Braves following here. You see lots of Cards fans here as well. Reds are third on the totem pole.

Of course, I do live in Knoxville for the majority of the year, and at least the Reds jump the Cardinals on the interest level in East TN. Once I get back over there in a couple of weeks, I'll most likely get to see my team on TV much more.

bounty37h
05-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Where I am right now (Middle TN), I get FSTENN but the Cardinals and the Braves get top priority. Braves were on the road last night and got the show. There's a huge Braves following here. You see lots of Cards fans here as well. Reds are third on the totem pole.

Of course, I do live in Knoxville for the majority of the year, and at least the Reds jump the Cardinals on the interest level in East TN. Once I get back over there in a couple of weeks, I'll most likely get to see my team on TV much more.

Cool, I was dissapointed the game wasnt on there last night, thought it was going to be. I have noticed they will pick up Braves games, so guess htere wont be as many games on as I would like, but more then I am used to so cant complain!

jhc2010
05-27-2010, 12:33 PM
The ESPN Sunday Night Baseball schedule is only set through the All-Star Break. After that, they choose a top game and move it to the big stage.

The Reds have a legitimate shot at getting 1+ of these games on SNB if they stay at/near the top of the division:

Aug. 8 - @ Chicago Cubs
Aug. 22 - @ Los Angeles Dodgers
Aug. 29 - vs. Chicago Cubs
Sept. 5 - @ St. Louis

jhc2010
05-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Also, the St. Louis @ Cincinnati game on Monday, August 9 has been on ESPN's schedule since the start of the year.

redsfan_12
05-27-2010, 12:41 PM
So, if you have FSN Ohio, it will be blackedout?

jhc2010
05-27-2010, 02:04 PM
On Wednesday Night Baseball, anyone in the Reds' designated TV market will see ESPNEWS on ESPN during the game instead of the game itself.

The Monday game in August against St. Louis should be available on ESPN -- ESPN can show a local team on its network up to 3 times per season and this will be the Reds' first appearance in the local market. This is special to Monday and makes it different from Wednesday.

PhillipsHead
05-27-2010, 03:00 PM
We'll probably get Sutcliffe who won't stop sucking off Carpenter and Pujols...ALL...GAME...

The Voice of IH
05-27-2010, 03:03 PM
oh yea, you know the whole broadcast will feature the Reds as the Surprise team who will fall off anytime now, and the Cardinals, Gods gift to Baseball, and eventual World Champs. (or at least major contenders):thumbdown

with that said, it is still nice to see the Reds playing on national television.

sivman17
05-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I don't know if I'm excited about this or not. Joe Morgan is the man, but ESPN hates Cincy and never gives us props for anything. I'm gona be sick listening to them talk about how good Pujols is.

The Voice of IH
05-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I don't know if I'm excited about this or not. Joe Morgan is the man, but ESPN hates Cincy and never gives us props for anything. I'm gona be sick listening to them talk about how good Pujols is.

It is bad in economics when a small market plays well. Good for the Sport, but bad economics.

but here is a question, why is Cincy a small market team? they could easily be a bigger market if you combined all of Indian, Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia, and others that have Reds Fans stacked in them...all this Franchise needs is a winning team.

TheOnlyRedsFan
05-28-2010, 02:33 AM
Sam LeCure vs Chris Carpenter on ESPN

arkimadee
05-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Any chance of the Reds getting a Sunday night game this year?