PDA

View Full Version : Doc on Dusty trying to kill Coco

BigJohn
05-27-2010, 12:08 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/daugherty/2010/05/27/the-morning-line-527/

LeDoux
05-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Didn't PDoc just write an article yesterday on how he doesn't believe Dusty is a arm wrecker?

Caveman Techie
05-27-2010, 01:04 PM
That was yesterday, today he's killing the closer. Geez can't you keep up?
:rolleyes: :)

Caveman Techie
05-27-2010, 01:06 PM
NM

GIDP
05-27-2010, 01:42 PM
I once wrote about how much my crap smelled. I thought it was in a dream, but when I woke up I opened up a story he wrote and realized I was plagiarized.

texasdave
05-27-2010, 03:49 PM
No matter what you think about PDoc's writings skills or baseball acumen, you have to admit that was a curious move to bring in Cordero with a 4-0 lead against the Pirates. It's not what I would have done.

Reds
05-27-2010, 03:49 PM
We've played our fair share of close games and I'm still going to wait and see how many innings he has at the all-star break. If he was getting 6 out saves it would raise my eyebrows, but usually he's in late with the game on the line.

Kingspoint
05-27-2010, 04:36 PM
And, rightfully so.

Baker should be pulled into Jockety's office and berated.

It seems everyone but Dusty Baker is concerned about the rest of Cordero's season.

Some people just either don't care, or don't get it.

When you've got Al Leiter screaming at Baker for "basically being an idiot" about this over 3 weeks ago, and Daugherty screaming the same thing yesterday ("Are you trying to Kill Cordero?" is screaming), then enough's enough.

Take control of this situation Jockety, or everything you've done to set up for this season's run will be unraveled by Baker's propensity to overuse his pitchers.

And, please don't give him any use of Volquez for the rest of the season. The future of Volquez is too important to entrust to a guy who thinks it's 1932 and that Pitchers can just throw until their arms fall off.

Kingspoint
05-27-2010, 04:42 PM
We've played our fair share of close games and I'm still going to wait and see how many innings he has at the all-star break. If he was getting 6 out saves it would raise my eyebrows, but usually he's in late with the game on the line.

1. It doesn't matter how many innings he has at the All-Star Break. It's not about innings. It's about appearances. It's also not about 4 months. It's about 2 months when it comes to Relievers. It's really easy to overuse a Reliever quickly.

2. He's 4th in the National League in Appearance right now. The damage has already been done. Closers should never be in the Top-10 in appearances, as they throw a different type of ball that puts more stress on their bodies than other relievers.

3. It only takes two months of overusing a reliever for that reliever to become tired.

1990REDS
05-27-2010, 04:46 PM
it seems like evry time i get a little bit of confidence in dusty he does somthing like this.

Kingspoint
05-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Didn't PDoc just write an article yesterday on how he doesn't believe Dusty is a arm wrecker?I think yesterday's effort by Duhsty changed a lot of "unbelievers" to "believers".

GIDP
05-27-2010, 04:49 PM
I think yesterday's effort by Duhsty changed a lot of "unbelievers" to "believers".

Daugherty is just not very good at his job. Some times he runs out of fake sources and has to write something completely opposite of what he wrote 1 day ago.

1990REDS
05-27-2010, 04:52 PM
conversation between me and my wife last night.

wife- whos coming in to pitch the 9th
me- looks like cordero
wife-oh, i thought we were up 4-0
me- we are
wife-well do the pirates have a good offence?
me- no not really
wife- so why is he pitching
me- only dusty knows

Kingspoint
05-27-2010, 04:56 PM
conversation between me and my wife last night.

wife- whos coming in to pitch the 9th
me- looks like cordero
wife-oh, i thought we were up 4-0
me- we are
wife-well do the pirates have a good offence?
me- no not really
wife- so why is he pitching
me- only dusty knows

It's really as simple as that, isn't it?

The Voice of IH
05-27-2010, 04:59 PM
I understand Dusty using CoCo more often then usual due to the lack of execution in the Bull Pin so far, but yesterday was absolutely ridiculous. you up 4 runs in the 9th, bring in anyone BUT CoCo.

Kingspoint
05-27-2010, 05:23 PM
I understand Dusty using CoCo more often then usual due to the lack of execution in the Bull Pin so far, but yesterday was absolutely ridiculous. you up 4 runs in the 9th, bring in anyone BUT CoCo.

I'd bring anyone but Cordero, even if it meant giving up the lead.

Guess it's going to be up to our Starters to start throwing complete games so Cordero can't be an option for Dusty. While Leake and Arroyo are the most capable, Bailey and Cueto have two of the three.

Last time Cueto faced the Pirates he threw his 1-hitter. Would love to see a repeat performance.

Griffey012
05-27-2010, 05:27 PM
Unfortunately, until someone besides Rhodes decides to throw the ball well out of the bullpen we are going to have to overuse Cordero. Right now a 4-0 lead is a 4-2 game with a blink of an eye with the rest of our bullpen, and then Cordero is out there anyway. Until Masset or someone else decided to get with it and STEP UP, it's a rough situation. Hopefully Del Rosario can be that guy for us, once he gets worked in a little bit more.

I'd rather win now, and deal with the what if's later, instead of play around the what if's now and let the rest of the pen cost us some games.

The Voice of IH
05-27-2010, 05:33 PM
I'd bring anyone but Cordero, even if it meant giving up the lead.

I am not sure about that lol, but I am not sure that another pitcher would have blown the game anyway. your up by 4 at home, with the pirates offense, IDK, I just think the odds are stacked in our favor about 97% of the time, (that according to ESPN Gamecast :D)

texasdave
05-27-2010, 05:33 PM
If a 4-run lead with one inning to go against the offensively-challenged Pirates isn't the right time to see what a Del Rosario or a Fisher can do, then that situation doesn't exist.

Kingspoint
05-27-2010, 05:51 PM
You have to instill confidence in your pitchers.

You have to let Lincoln pitch (just not 3 innings in a row).

You have to let Masset pitch.

And, you WANT to let Del Rosario pitch.

The Voice of IH
05-27-2010, 08:36 PM
You have to instill confidence in your pitchers.

You have to let Lincoln pitch (just not 3 innings in a row).

You have to let Masset pitch.

And, you WANT to let Del Rosario pitch.

Masset was horrible last night, but Lincoln would have been the guy I would have went to. the guy only has 16 appearances. Baker used Herrera (22 appearances) and CoCo (26)

Even Fisher would have been ok,

Kingspoint
05-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Masset was horrible last night, but Lincoln would have been the guy I would have went to. the guy only has 16 appearances. Baker used Herrera (22 appearances) and CoCo (26)

Even Fisher would have been ok,

True. I didn't mean last night, though.

Masset is 4th in the NL in appearances. That smells of too much use and he needs a break.

The Voice of IH
05-27-2010, 09:01 PM
I just about everyone in the Bull Pin needs a break lol, we are really in a tough spot without an off day in the near feature.