PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals series and tonight

SidneySlicker
06-01-2010, 02:58 PM
This is the biggest series of the year so far. I think it's crucial that the Reds take at least one of the games either today or tomorrow to come out of this series no worse than tied for the division lead.

That being said I like are chances with Cueto vrs Walters much, much, more so than LeCure vrs Carpenter tomorrow.

It's my hope that we can get to Walters early and damage his confidence being that he's new to the majors. Also getting Votto back could be a good shot in the arm versus the young righty. Wonder if we'll see the left handed Nix in the lineup as well.

Cueto needs to get off to a good start. Establish himself against the lessers of the cardinals lineup so that he can afford to walk/pitch to Pujols as needed. The cardinals are very good at home, but I think the Reds can take one here. Big game tonight.

redhat
06-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Both teams are hitting well lately. I question whether any of the four starters will be able to shut down the other side.

SidneySlicker
06-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Both teams are hitting well lately. I question whether any of the four starters will be able to shut down the other side.

I'm not sure either. However I'm much more concerned about how the bullpen
would fare than I am about the starters.

Per Mark Sheldon's Blog

The bullpen has a 6.32 ERA (15 ER, 21 1/3 innings) over the last eight games. (http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/05/postgame_extra_bullpen_sos.html)

redhat
06-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Two starters down, two to go.

I hope Carpenter breaks the pattern.

Griffey012
06-02-2010, 08:15 PM
If we are within 3 runs when LeCure leave and LeCure makes it through the 5th, I will be happy and hope we can get Carpenter out after 6.